Progressive Rock/Metal, Power and Traditional Metal Thread

Dream Theater is one of my 3-4 favorite bands. I hope this album is awesome... yet I'm fearful of suckage.
Me too. The song I posted is ok, but doesn't compare too the best of DT.

Circus Maximus is one of my favorite bands along with Dream Theater and they just released a song from their new album, it was basically a radio friendly rock song. Beyond disappointed I was.

This song is perfection.

Like, this song can't get any god damn better.

Thanks man, I've been jamming this song all morning and I agree with your assessment. My wife is threatening to divorce me if I play it again but I'm taking the risk. Great shit.

Thanks man, I've been jamming this song all morning and I agree with your assessment. My wife is threatening to divorce me if I play it again but I'm taking the risk. Great shit.
Jesus haha, you must've played it even more times than I did when I first heard it and I probably played it 10 or more times.

It is isn't it?

No problem man. Glad to help expose Kamelot to a new fan.

Jesus haha, you must've played it even more times than I did when I first heard it and I probably played it 10 or more times.

It is isn't it?

No problem man. Glad to help expose Kamelot to a new fan.

She's a great girl (my wife)and that's a great song. I really like the metal/celtic vibe. She's been putting up with my musical machinations for a long time so I think she'll be good and I'll spend some time eating that pussy so we should be good.

Edit:My my I had quite the buzz yesterday. Good speech.

Last edited:
Went out for a nice birthday dinner tonight. Jordan Rudess played happy birthday, to me, on his ipad.

I miss old Pain of Salvation.

What has Gildenlow been doing the past few years? I haven't heard anything from him since that acoustic half-cover album from Pain of Salvation. His little contribution to Transatlantic aside, he's been relatively quiet in the music world, and it makes me sad.

Holy Crap, the WHOLE album?!? lol
I know, I was surprsed I found it as well.

Was expecting maybe to find a few tracks here and there, but the whole thing the day of.

Times have just changed.

Guess DT aren't that worried about making money off of a new release, most Metal bands now a-days seem to make all of their money off of touring.

I know, I was surprsed I found it as well.

Was expecting maybe to find a few tracks here and there, but the whole thing the day of.

Times have just changed.

Guess DT aren't that worried about making money off of a new release, most Metal bands now a-days seem to make all of their money off of touring.

Will listen this weekend. I ordered the CD from the band's website. It's still en route, but I can download it today, should do that tonight.

I'm reading lots of less than stellar reviews. Common complaints are it's too long and there are too many ballads, amongst others, but I'll have to check it out for myself this weekend.

I expect I'll need to listen to it a few times times. I usually don't fully appreciate their stuff until long after it's released. I buy all their stuff right away, but for example both Scenes and Six Degrees I didn't "discover" their greatness until years later.

The last DT album I embraced immediately upon release was Octavarium. In fact, I think I've only listened to Systematic and Dramatic all the way through once each...

Back