International Prophecy coming true? War between Israel and Magog

colby25

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Welcome to third edition of "prophecy coming true?" Last 2 editions have been welcomed with nothing but open arms.

This will be a cumulation of 'prophecy coming true?' We see Syria heating up. ISIS fighting over there, the mass refugees fleeing the area and I referred to these events possible prophesied in Isaiah 17:

A prophecy against Damascus:
See, Damascus will no longer be a city
but will become a heap of ruins.
2 The cities of Aroer will be deserted
and left to flocks, which will lie down,
with no one to make them afraid.
3 The fortified city will disappear from Ephraim,
and royal power from Damascus;
the remnant of Aram will be
like the glory of the Israelites,
declares the Lord Almighty."

Now were witnessing Russia roll into Syria. What's interesting about this that many bible scholars speculate that Russia will invade Israel. They speculate that Russia is Magog in the book of Ezekiel. Though at this current moment it's hard to see it happening because in the prophecy of Ezekiel, Israel is at peace and living in safety/ I wouldn't say Israel is safe at all concerning all the issues going on over there but who knows.

Some say this event (magog invading Israel) will happen in the beginning part of the tribulation and Israel is being protected by the peace treaty. Here's the passage I refer to in Ezekiel 38:
14Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say to Gog: This is what the Sovereign Lord says: In that day, when my people Israel are living in safety, will you not take notice of it? 15You will come from your place in the far north, you and many nations with you, all of them riding on horses, a great horde, a mighty army. 16You will advance against my people Israel like a cloud that covers the land. In days to come, Gog, I will bring you against my land, so that the nations may know me when I am proved holy through you before their eyes.
17 This is what the Sovereign Lord says: You are the one I spoke of in former days by my servants the prophets of Israel. At that time they prophesied for years that I would bring you against them. 18This is what will happen in that day: When Gog attacks the land of Israel, my hot anger will be aroused, declares the Sovereign Lord. 19In my zeal and fiery wrath I declare that at that time there shall be a great earthquake in the land of Israel. 20The fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the beasts of the field, every creature that moves along the ground, and all the people on the face of the earth will tremble at my presence. The mountains will be overturned, the cliffs will crumble and every wall will fall to the ground. 21I will summon a sword against Gog on all my mountains, declares the Sovereign Lord. Every mans sword will be against his brother. 22I will execute judgment on him with plague and bloodshed; I will pour down torrents of rain, hailstones and burning sulfur on him and on his troops and on the many nations with him. 23And so I will show my greatness and my holiness, and I will make myself known in the sight of many nations. Then they will know that I am the Lord.

What's interesting to note that as of right now Russia and Israel are on good terms and both have expressed they do not want conflict. In the prophecy in Ezekiel Israel is totally surprised by the attack of Magog and Magog seems to have been steered or almost forced against her will to attack Israel given this verse from Ezekiel:

"I am against you, Gog, chief prince ofb Meshek and Tubal. 4I will turn you around, put hooks in your jaws and bring you out with your whole army"

So will Russia invade Israel? Who knows. But they have set up shop right next door. The prophecy of Damascus being destroyed from Isaiah could be fulfilled at any moment. And to add to the series of events were witnessing uprising at Israel's holy site where the temple could be rebuilt.

Also the temple is already designed and Israel is just waiting to set up the temple at an opportune time:

http://www.breakingisraelnews.com/3...holy-temple-jewish-world/#ydmrXasXhGCX40EB.97

So what will happen? Who knows maybe Russia will sit down and play nick-nack paddy wack with ISIS, differences will be settled in Syria and head home, then Iran will bro hug it out with Israel and make amends over a movie and all will be fine. But things appear to be coming together all at once from a biblical perspective... Interesting times we are living in.

***update****

Just learned that Iran has troops I'm Syria to support Assad. Iran allies with a Russia we could potentially see how Russia could be forced to chose between the 2.

We know how much Iran likes Israel since they've been threatening to wipe them off the map.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/iran-sends-15000-troops-to-support-assad-in-syria/article/2565691

****UPDATE TO THE UPDATE****

With the failed Turkey coup Turkey and U.S. relations begin to weaken. U.S. is Israel's biggest ally and Turkey pretty much just threatened the U.S. when it said:

"Any country that stands by cleric Gulen will be at war with Turkey."

Could this be the turning point for Turkey/Russia alliance which will one day invade Turkey? Check out post #21 and #24 concerning Turkey that was talked about last year.

*****update!!!***

Blast from the past 7 years later.

Quite fascinating how far bible prophesy has come in the last 7 years where it was hard to imagine Russia invading Israel.

And now look what we have?

Iran and Russia partners.

4me707eg_turkey-iran-russia-sochi-summit-twitter-650_625x300_27_August_18.jpg

Last edited:
Haha hey I never said the end is upon us. I think were a little ways out from end of days. Just keeping watch for my fellow sherdog brethren on the world events and talking about particular prophecies.

Nothing could from any of this but just trying to stay on watch my man and share particular prophecies and how they could pertain to today's day and age.

I don't normally post here, but why doesn't this count?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Damascus_(1400)
With his army defeated, the Mamluk sultan dispatched a deputation from Cairo, including Ibn Khaldun, who negotiated with him, but after their withdrawal he put the city to sack. The Umayyad Mosque was burnt and men and women taken into slavery. A huge number of the city's artisans were taken to Timur's capital at Samarkand. These were the luckier citizens: many were slaughtered and their heads piled up in a field outside the north-east corner of the walls, where a city square still bears the name burj al-ru'us, originally the tower of heads.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capture_of_Damascus_(1918)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capture_of_Damascus_(1920)

Well some interpret as the prophecy of Damascus having already been fulfilled like you. But the prophecy of Isaiah seems to say that Damascus will be completely reduced to rubble and cease to be a city... It's still a city today.

That's my view on it anyhow. Though there's some very knowledgable posters on this board who argue it's been fulfilled... Wellz for instance shares your opinion. I could be wrong, but I feel it hasn't been fulfilled.

This sounds like a great thread for the Dump or the Wasteland.

It's world events man! Don't be like that anung.

oh my god shut up with this Prophecy crap.

got a real nostradumbass here

I guess it would be a good time to borrow a lot of money.

Well some interpret as the prophecy of Damascus having already been fulfilled like you. But the prophecy of Isaiah seems to say that Damascus will be completely reduced to rubble and cease to be a city... It's still a city today.

That's my view on it anyhow. Though there's some very knowledgable posters on this board who argue it's been fulfilled... Wellz for instance shares your opinion. I could be wrong, but I feel it hasn't been fulfilled.
I can't say I really interpret it one way or the other, just interested to hear why you might think the way you do (I haven't seen it discussed before, feel free to point to a thread if it has).

Just seems to me that Timur and his actions sorta fit the bill. I could certainly see people of that era thinking the man was sent from hell, that's for sure.

I guess it would be a good time to borrow a lot of money.

No I wouldn't. No one knows the day or the hour.

I've always been interested in bible prophecy. What's interesting is that a lot of them you don't even know they've been fulfilled until after. Look at how many prophecies were unintentionally fulfilled in the New Testament by the high priests who rejected Jesus Christ. I just found it interesting.

I can't say I really interpret it one way or the other, just interested to hear why you might think the way you do (I haven't seen it discussed before, feel free to point to a thread if it has).

Just seems to me that Timur and his actions sorta fit the bill. I could certainly see people of that era thinking the man was sent from hell, that's for sure.

Oh no doubt guy sounded like a monster.

You should talk to Wellz on the issue. He brings up a lot of good points and historical facts and how they relate to prophecy. I'm more on the belief that the Bible is living, active and if it hasn't 100% been fulfilled then it hasn't.

Like Israel becoming a nation in 1948 definitely fulfilled, Damascus seems to still be functioning so I'm under the impression it hasn't... Though admittedly, history is not my strong suit.

It's world events man! Don't be like that anung.

It is until it delves into the supernatural.
TBH, I love reading this stuff, I find it very interesting, it's just not a WR conversation.

I don't like the whole idea of letting prophesies get names wrong, it's too much leeway. Keep leaving things open to interpretation and you never have to face reality.

It's either magog, or prophecy fail.

Look at how many prophecies were unintentionally fulfilled in the New Testament by the high priests who rejected Jesus Christ. I just found it interesting.

You realize that this is because the new testament was written with the intention to fulfill the prophecies in the Old Testament right? This is why you have authors making up facts in order to get Jesus (oops, he can't be from Nazareth) born in Bethlehem with the absurd notion that an empire-wide Roman census was taking place and everyone had to go back to their city of origin.

Ignoring the logistical nightmare that it would have taken for 3 - 5 million people living in the empire to crisscross all over the place (when 99% of them didn't have the means to uproot their entire families and travel potentially hundreds of miles), how exactly would that assist roman administrators conducting their census? Not to mention that the bible names the wrong roman officials (turns out those romans were good record keepers), but that's to be expected when you're drafting a religious text some 200+ years after the events took place.

Reading the NT with an open mind, it becomes pretty clear that it was crafted largely to conform with OT prophesy. It's pretty similar to what you're doing now; playing rather loose with the facts in order to put recent events in Syria in line with revalation.

In short, no. We are not seeing the start of the end times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back