Psychedelics

I've seen that on LSD before :)

pretty good, thanks for the rec

Perhaps you didn't see it but I edited in a recommendation for Alejandro Jodorowsky movies too

I would add director Sergei Parajanov movies and also the Polish film The Hourglass Sanatorium by Wojciech Has if you can find it. Also check out director Bela Tarr

Perhaps you didn't see it but I edited in a recommendation for Alejandro Jodorowsky movies too

I would add director Sergei Parajanov movies and also the Polish film The Hourglass Sanatorium by Wojciech Has if you can find it. Also check out director Bela Tarr

Ok, cool. I'm queuing up The Holy Mountain and El Topo - thanks. Also The Hourglass Sanitarium

I added in The Color of Pomegranates also.

Last edited:
If anyone has any great LSD movie recommendations I'd appreciate it!

I'm queuing up Black Swan, Predestination (this is like MY movie but I don't think I've ever seen it on LSD for some reason), and There Will Be Blood which I heard was really good on LSD (from @HenryFlower ), also The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
TWWB is unworldly on acid. the Paul Sunday scene (before we’re introduced to Eli Sunday ofc) is legit a painting. it gets me every time for some reason.

here are some recent acid movie night bangers:
The 8 Diagram Pole Fighter (this could very well be the #1 acid & ketamine banger of all time. it made my white blood cells vibrate.)
Dirty Ho
Door
(1988)
Mermaid Legend
Medusa Deluxe
Son of the White Mare
Ritual
(2000)
Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse
Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris

The Hourglass Sanatorium was a lot on acid. it throws so much at you for the entire 2hr runtime. so much so that it felt like the air would get twice as dense & twice as rare from one scene to the next. it was a behemoth acid gauntlet even though i’m a yuge Bruno Schulz fan who has read his short stories a hundred times.

TWWB is unworldly on acid. the Paul Sunday scene (before we’re introduced to Eli Sunday ofc) is legit a painting. it gets me every time for some reason.

here are some recent acid movie night bangers:
The 8 Diagram Pole Fighter (this could very well be the #1 acid & ketamine banger of all time. it made my white blood cells vibrate.)
Dirty Ho
Door
(1988)
Mermaid Legend
Medusa Deluxe
Son of the White Mare
Ritual
(2000)
Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse
Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris

Is 'Mermaid Legend' the same as The Legend of Mermaid ?

I have witnessed a lots and lots of people who have a disciplined practice and use psychedelics. That's something I've seen a great deal of.

Keep in mind man that I've been meditating for three to seven hours a day for the last 25 years and have done nothing but immerse myself in various spiritual communities and I can say honestly with no exaggeration that I've known hundreds and hundreds of deeply devoted spiritual seekers.

I don't mind that you disagree. It's totally okay with me. But it is my experience that everyone who is using psychedelics has less than the people who are not in the long term All things being equal.

I am 100% convinced that it pollutes the path and colors it in a way that is unnatural and isn't what people think that it is.

I don't share this to convince you and like I said, I really just don't mind at all if you share a different opinion. I share it for the people I know will read this who psychedelics are hurting and no one is telling them but that if it's pointed out they will begin to see that it is actually holding them back, not helping them.

I think this is always true, but I think it is especially true, like I said in very specific stages of spirituality that psychedelic use is profoundly at cross purposes with.

Anyway, that's all I'm going to say in this back and forth because I don't want to do a debate about spirituality because I think that's disgusting.
I mean your opinion on this seems contradictory since on one hand you are saying you would even sometimes recommend psychedelics to those at the beginning stages, and then on the other hand you claim it can 'pullute things' and is unbeneficial.

I'm not here though to try to argue about if your four hours of daily centering prayer/mantra meditation is complete and fulfils you and you find is far deeper than anything you got out of psychedelics, if it is then thats great for you.

However you can't deny others experiences, and the author I cited has taken it to a level beyond what was previously thought possible with these tools so that should be acknowledged if used in this way, there was simply no way he was getting there without the psychedelics and again, it actually goes beyond 'the spiritual path' but thats an altogether different subject which we will leave here.

Just dosed, 400micrograms :)

Quite the hassle... originally the post office person didn't knock on my door and left me a slip saying they missed me. So I rush over to the post office, get told to go to a different location and barely make it before 5pm -- got all my shit!!

An ounce of 'Ultra Sour' chronic (I think it's a mix between MK Ultra and Sour Diesel), and 100 hits of acid.

BOOM!! Wish me luck! Should be crazy.

Attachments

• 20240327_165526.jpg
    20240327_165526.jpg
    653.9 KB · Views: 2
I mean your opinion on this seems contradictory since on one hand you are saying you would even sometimes recommend psychedelics to those at the beginning stages, and then on the other hand you claim it can 'pullute things' and is unbeneficial.

I'm not here though to try to argue about if your four hours of daily centering prayer/mantra meditation is complete and fulfils you and you find is far deeper than anything you got out of psychedelics, if it is then thats great for you.

However you can't deny others experiences, and the author I cited has taken it to a level beyond what was previously thought possible with these tools so that should be acknowledged if used in this way, there was simply no way he was getting there without the psychedelics and again, it actually goes beyond 'the spiritual path' but thats an altogether different subject which we will leave here.

Oh, you know about Centering Prayer? Nice. Are you a Christian? I've done a lot of the Centering Prayer.

Also, I talked to God about this and He said (believe me or don't) that no one could be more advanced than what LSD could help them with because no one is more 'advanced' than God and God guides trips on LSD. (sort of -- the 'universe' does it, but the 'universe' and God work hand-in-hand). No one is too advanced to where LSD couldn't be beneficial.

I'm only 10 minutes in and not sure I'm going to watch the whole thing, can you give some details on what you mean here? How did he go beyond what was previously thought possible and how do you know it wouldn't have been possible with other methods?

Edit: Watched a bit more and I don't really see anything here that's extraordinary, outside what's possible through spiritual practices, or 'beyond the spiritual path'. It sounds like pretty run of the mill mystical experience type stuff, with his own interpretations and 'system' built of those experiences.

Last edited:
I think I'm gonna put on a movie. I can already feel myself coming up some; I feel relaxed and calm.

I'm gonna throw on Black Swan, has a gentle beginning and a crazy end, should be good. I've had a lot of good experiences tripping to it before. :)

And oh yeah, @HenryFlower, I've been watching Severance -- I'm on ep8. Pretty good show so far. I'm expecting the final two episodes to be epic.

*edit*
hmmm... I feel like my trip is off... I do take a bunch of medications maybe one of them is fucking with the LSD.

--- Yeah, I can tell, I'm not going to trip. One of my meds is preventing the LSD from taking effect. Fortunately I don't need to take them at all so I can stop right away. Annoying, but I only wasted 4 hits so it's not that bad. I'll stop the meds and aim to trip again on Monday.

Last edited:
I'm only 10 minutes in and not sure I'm going to watch the whole thing, can you give some details on what you mean here? How did he go beyond what was previously thought possible and how do you know it wouldn't have been possible with other methods?
It's worth watching the whole thing as it explains things far better and you will get it. The video is a condensation of the book, which itself a condensation of a 40 year transformational process so its worthy of giving it that brief time of your attention, if you can't then maybe you don't need to know.

It's worth watching the whole thing as it explains things far better and you will get it. The video is a condensation of the book, which itself a condensation of a 40 year transformational process so its worthy of giving it that brief time of your attention, if you can't then maybe you don't need to know.
Watched a bit more and I don't really see anything here that's extraordinary, outside what's possible through spiritual practices, or 'beyond the spiritual path'. It sounds like pretty run of the mill mystical experience type stuff, with his own interpretations and 'system' built off those experiences.

I think I'm gonna put on a movie. I can already feel myself coming up some; I feel relaxed and calm.

I'm gonna throw on Black Swan, has a gentle beginning and a crazy end, should be good. I've had a lot of good experiences tripping to it before. :)

And oh yeah, @HenryFlower, I've been watching Severance -- I'm on ep8. Pretty good show so far. I'm expecting the final two episodes to be epic.

*edit*
hmmm... I feel like my trip is off... I do take a bunch of medications maybe one of them is fucking with the LSD.

--- Yeah, I can tell, I'm not going to trip. One of my meds is preventing the LSD from taking effect. Fortunately I don't need to take them at all so I can stop right away. Annoying, but I only wasted 4 hits so it's not that bad. I'll stop the meds and aim to trip again on Monday.
if the last episode doesn’t knock yer tits sideways i’ll be aghast

My coworker grows mushrooms. I have never taken them before but I'm gonna here in the next week or so. Gonna try just .5 grams the 1st time and then go up from there the following time

I’ve done LSD, mushrooms, and DMT, at various dosages. Never a full hero dose.
I’ve grown mushrooms several times, and those are the ones I’ve gone deeper with at a 3.5 gram all-time high dose. Experienced an unique, mysterious, and pleasant physical sensation that traveled from my head all the way down to my toes on the comedown that time, which set the experience apart from the other dozens of times which featured the other common aspects of a trip. It was markedly weird, not a subtle feeling, but a very physical energy.

Anyways one of the most interesting observations I can make is that on psychedelics I have seen visuals of transforming geometries, with such colors, textures, definition, and complexity that they looked like a screensaver on a computer from a million years in the future.
Graphics that are much better than what cutting edge engines and processors can achieve.
Is the brain producing them or receiving them?

I've eaten magic mushrooms about ten times and I grew tired of it. It was too intense for me. You lose too much control. Similar buzz to what they sold as micro acid in the olden days. I don't know what junk they put on/in that tiny pill, but that shit was crazy. I'd swear it was the last time I'd take one and... You know the rest.
I’m kind of the same. I’m not a big fan of shrooms. In fact I’ve had some bad trips on shrooms, including briefly feeling suicidal when I’ve never felt that way any other time.

I’ve done lsd like 5-6 times and only had one bad trip when I think I got a bigger dose then advertised. But that bad trip was silly “oh shit the Aztec snakes are everywhere”.

I will say though, when shrooms are wearing off I usually find everything intensely funny. Last time I did it I remember laughing uproariously at an episode of Futurama I’ve seen like 20 times before.

The average person is conditioned to be an atheist materialist. Along with "the Science" (dogmatic, false, fully under top-down control), this is the new control mechanism which has replaced religion. It's probably the most complex and successful control mechanism on earth to date, few succeed in seeing through it.

I think psychedelics can be dangerous for the average person because they don't take it seriously. They think everything is a metaphor, that the realms and entities they meet are a figment of their unconscious. If one of these idiots has a bad trip, they get victim-blamed and gas-lit by their peers for having brought it upon themselves or exaggerating the effects. If you switch it around and consider that where you're going is real and what you're meeting is real, then you understand the dangers. In that altered state, your usual mental and spiritual defenses are down. It's very easy for an entity to mess with you in a durable way. Even if everything is fine most trips, it's a roll of the dice every time.

Back