Locked PWD 1161: Get Well Soon, Mami

Status
Not open for further replies.
CGI blood is my biggest pet peeve. It’s not that damn hard to use squibs and it looks 10x better and real. Even the Wick movies do CGI blood on John’s rampages and I hate it so much! Pulls me right out of the scene

9226598099_e66baa7527_o.gif

That’s what I’m taking about!

My theory is that when CGI first became prepevant you truly had to be the best of the best to do it or else it looked like shit. So studios only hired the top tier. That’s why the Raptors chasing Tim and Lex still look terrifying and real from 30 years ago! Now though any Tom, Dick and Harry can say “yeah, we do CGI, we got a MacBook!” so there’s a million effect studios out there that are mid!

Yea, and us fans have proven we'll still go see these huge blockbusters even if the CGi is garbage so they have no incentive to spend top dollar and make sure their fancy pants little film has top of the line computer drawings in it

We really screwed ourselves on this one!

Now I know what Bret Hart feels like

CGI blood is my biggest pet peeve. It’s not that damn hard to use squibs and it looks 10x better and real. Even the Wick movies do CGI blood on John’s rampages and I hate it so much! Pulls me right out of the scene

This is a perfect example of what i was saying, ED-209 was so freaking scary and intimidating, you really felt his presence in the film, you aint ever gonna get that feeling with CGI imo

I still love watching Robocop, the original Clash Of The Titans or even 1933 King Kong, the effects look horribly out of date but to me they have a special charm to them that I really enjoy

Ole Pete loves him some stop motion special effects, no doubt about it

Yea, and us fans have proven we'll still go see these huge blockbusters even if the CGi is garbage so they have no incentive to spend top dollar and make sure their fancy pants little film has top of the line computer drawings in it

We really screwed ourselves on th

Now I know what Bret Hart feels like
Allegedly

My theory is that when CGI first became prepevant you truly had to be the best of the best to do it or else it looked like shit. So studios only hired the top tier. That’s why the Raptors chasing Tim and Lex still look terrifying and real from 30 years ago! Now though any Tom, Dick and Harry can say “yeah, we do CGI, we got a MacBook!” so there’s a million effect studios out there that are mid!
Pretty true. Alot of CG/animation is outsourced now to cut down on labor costs/taxes. Big studios will do the keyshots/frames and then outsource the inbetween work, or even outsource whole designs/animations for less important characters/monsters.

Also why so much of tv/film locations are shot in canada.

Pretty true. Alot of CG/animation is outsourced now to cut down on labor costs/taxes. Big studios will do the keyshots/frames and then outsource the inbetween work, or even outsource whole designs/animations for less important characters/monsters.

Also why so much of tv/film locations are shot in canada.

Nothing good has ever come from Canada

@Pliny Pete I marked out for a second because this deli I stopped at for lunch had a signed pic of Kevin Von Erich on the wall. Then as I got closer it was Zac Efron as Kevin Von Erich :mad:

It was weird. Guess A24 made vintage 8x10’s for the production. It looks old and it’s him in the full gear and says Kevin Von Erich on the bottom

I remember when white people on Twitter got mad and tried to "cancel" him after he said this on AEW Dynamite because they didn't know what this actually meant and thought he was saying a slur against gay people <lmao>

This is a perfect example of what i was saying, ED-209 was so freaking scary and intimidating, you really felt his presence in the film, you aint ever gonna get that feeling with CGI imo

I still love watching Robocop, the original Clash Of The Titans or even 1933 King Kong, the effects look horribly out of date but to me they have a special charm to them that I really enjoy

Ole Pete loves him some stop motion special effects, no doubt about it
1qst.gif

Top 2 best movies ever (tied with blood sport)

@Pliny Pete I marked out for a second because this deli I stopped at for lunch had a signed pic of Kevin Von Erich on the wall. Then as I got closer it was Zac Efron as Kevin Von Erich :mad:

It was weird. Guess A24 made vintage 8x10’s for the production. It looks old and it’s him in the full gear and says Kevin Von Erich on the bottom

Im not sure how I feel about this, on one hand its a carny business so I should love it but secretly I hate it with every fiber in my being!

This could have big ramifications for the great business of professional wrestling.

Now Vince can team up with the Fertittas and start that big fancy pants new promotion that everyone's been clamoring for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stor
Back