Media Pyfer had one of the wildest one punch KOs in MMA history..... Cartoon KO

Pyfer may or may not be a hype train in the end but it will be fun to watch as he climbs up the rankings. You have to give credit where credit is due. He certainly did more then just throw a basic right hand and land a fluky KO. Did you not notice how the leg kick switched his opponents stance and the punch was thrown as his opponent was lazily throwing out a jab when completely out of position? He caused his opponent to make several mistakes by throwing the leg kick and staying in range to throw and land that right. He timed it perfectly with the opponent coming forward to match his distance rather than completely disengage and reset.

He also listened to his coach and circled left then threw that kick. Very nice performance

That’s what it looks like when you get hit by a ford focus going 20 mph

As a fellow ginger, I have to root for him. Seems to be a damn entertaining prospect with a couple of big wins under his belt already. I understand he was a good collegiate wrestler so we'll see if he can use that to keep Hermansson standing, and we'll see if he can handle Jack's tricky striking style. The Joker doesn't seem to be quite as good as he was a few years ago, which can be chalked up to age and injuries, but he still has legit skills everywhere. Outstriking Chris Curtis is no mean feat for anyone at any point in their career and all of his losses as of late have been to honest to goodness killers.

Big step up in comp for Pyfer that will determine where he stands in the division for sure.

I havent liked the visual of someone falling on head since that one guy died afrerwards..
Other than that its highlight for sure.

I like Pyfer a lot, but I can’t see anything special about the guy that can break the ceiling of the upper talent of the division. Sure power can be a game changer, but if that’s the only tool in your kit than that’s an issue.
I think you meant "ginger powers".

I like Pyfer a lot, but I can’t see anything special about the guy that can break the ceiling of the upper talent of the division. Sure power can be a game changer, but if that’s the only tool in your kit than that’s an issue.

he has real power, strength, some speed and decent grappling
he probably already is a top5 MW

My whole point was that Pyfer did not purposely make his opponent fall that way like it was intentional. He kicked the leg, capitalized like a good counter striker would when his opponents leg got swept, and landed a knockout blow. My pushback was solely with OP 1. claiming it's one of the wildest KOs in MMA history and 2. that Pyfer somehow faceplanted the guy intentionally. That other guy's body could have simply slumped or he could have stumbled or literally anything else. Yet there are people here giving me shit because they're arguing essentially that that specific punch OBJECTIVELY MUST have stiffened his opponent up to where he hit his head face first as if it's a guaranteed 100/100 result. Bullshit.

To address your post, I agree Pyfer could have set up that sequence but unless he trained kicking his opponent's leg out from under him, putting him out of position, and landing a good punch, I have serious doubts this was a conscious effort to manifest this exact result and had a little more to do with Pyfer spotting an opening and having the reactions to throw a punch that ended up being a good decision. A lot less premeditation, a lot more opportunism.

I don't know why I let myself get sucked into replying to the responses I got though. I should have just let everyone call me a slow retard and went about the rest of my day. I was already in a negative mood when seeing this post so it just ended up being a perfect storm is what I'm guessing.
Your points are fair. I agree the OP is way off calling it one of the wildest KO's in history and suspect he simply hasn't seen many KO's. Your original reply to the OP came off as a bit negative towards Pyfer specifically. Nobody who gets a one shot KO trains to specifically make their opponent fall in a specific way. By your definition literally no fighter gets credit for anything.

<{Joewithit}><30><mma2>

tom-tom-and-jerry.gif

This some Julian Jackson shit

He didn't simply fall; it was like he dived to the canvas!

It's a right hook/straight (correction: whatever you call it, MY BAD Y'ALL). That's all Pyfer did. His opponent landing is what made it "crazy". Joe's punch had no determinating factor on how his opponent shut off other than applying enough force to knock him out. Hyperbole to the max.
Sorry your boy got bodied by the superior fighter. Coping is a bitch.

Sorry your boy got bodied by the superior fighter. Coping is a bitch.
Lol I don't even know who the hell the other guy is and at the moment I don't have any opinion on Pyfer other than a guy who might be exciting with good finishes. Unfortunately this "coping" doesn't apply.

It's too bad he can't fight street fighters from the hood that train in uncle's backyard every fight.

He'd be amazing.

Meh. Kinda shit the bed and didn't even come close to living up to the self hype. Hilarious.

Meh. Kinda shit the bed and didn't even come close to living up to the self hype. Hilarious.
Yes he did lol. He showed serious power and almost had hermansson out of there a few times. Dangerous until the very end. He was -1000 favorite after the first round obviously he showed something. Just needs to adjust a few things and work on cardio

Bro has a cartoon level striking skillset…

literally Pyfers gameplan every fight:

fight-slide.gif

Yes he did lol. He showed serious power and almost had hermansson out of there a few times. Dangerous until the very end. He was -1000 favorite after the first round obviously he showed something. Just needs to adjust a few things and work on cardio

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

dangerous until the end? He was getting owned on the ground badly at the end for like three minutes. lmao

dangerous until the end? He was getting owned on the ground badly at the end for like three minutes. lmao
Maybe dangerous until the end was the wrong wording, you’re right. However At the start of round 5 Pyfer was connecting with some solid shots which hermansson didn’t like. Pyfer was super gassed but still had power in his shots. As someone who bet on hermansson I was still nervous until he got the takedown.

Back