Social Qualified Immunity and Excessive Force

Police kill innocent people constantly. Kick in the wrong address constantly. Illegally arrest innocent people over ego BS constantly.

Why are soldiers held to such high standards at war, but cops can kill indiscriminately?

Not so fast. Look into State Medical boards, who sits on them, and how hard it is to get a sh*tty Doctor's license revoked. This isnt exclusive to policing.
The issue of licensing is separate from the issue of liablility insurance. On licensing, I actually think the pendulum has swung too far the other way. There is too much big pharma influence on licensers to the extent that good doctors are getting cancelled for tweeting contrary to the big pharma bottom line. In licensing, there are too few decision makers, making them vulnerable to regulatory capture. Bad doctors and bad cops should be removed in regular courts, not licensing kangaroo courts.

The issue of licensing is separate from the issue of liablility insurance. On licensing, I actually think the pendulum has swung too far the other way. There is too much big pharma influence on licensers to the extent that good doctors are getting cancelled for tweeting contrary to the big pharma bottom line. In licensing, there are too few decision makers, making them vulnerable to regulatory capture. Bad doctors and bad cops should be removed in regular courts, not licensing kangaroo courts.

That's not what I was talking about, though. I was talking about how State medical boards protect the operations of sh*tty Doctors. Its actually really difficult to get a sh*tty Doctor cancelled from the viewpoint of the public. The last part I agree with, but State medical boards are run by Doctors, for Doctors.

You guys keep missing the part where I think QI needs some tweaks. I don’t want to protect bad cops. I want them out of the profession. I just see more good cops getting railroaded than bad cops being driven from policing
This comment would get more likes if you didn't put that last sentence because it's bull shit. Things may trend in that direction though and it will be because QI AND the Ole gang protects the shit bag cops.

Qualified immunity certainly needs to end for criminal misconduct.

That's not what I was talking about, though. I was talking about how State medical boards protect the operations of sh*tty Doctors. Its actually really difficult to get a sh*tty Doctor cancelled from the viewpoint of the public. The last part I agree with, but State medical boards are run by Doctors, for Doctors.
We are agreed that state medical boards are not effectively policing the medical profession. My solution is for doctors and for police is for bad practitioners to be priced out of business due to increase in liability insurance premium following successful lawsuits. There could be modification of laws to make civil cases piggybacked onto criminal cases for victim compensation. The role of state medical boards would be to ensure that doctors have liability insurance.

Wow, what a fun anti-police circle jerk we got in here.

Qualified immunity needs restructured a bit, but I understand the design and intent of it. The fact that an officer can do something truly fucked up and if it hasn’t been ruled on before that you can’t stick a hedgehog up someone’s ass, then the officer may get QI.

But most of the time, QI protects the individual officers from lawsuits and not the department. This is to protect the officers doing their jobs without fear of being sued all the time. This is because police work requires split second life or death decisions. And an officer getting QI doesn’t stop the family from suing the department and getting millions, it stops the people from suing the officer for his ford f150.

All use of force is judged by the 4th amendment and Supreme Court cases that govern use of force like graham v Connor and tn vs garner. If a judge rules that the use of force violates the 4th amendment and those cases, the lawsuit moves forward.

I don’t know how some of these cases mentioned in the article when others that were clearly justified uses of force (alton sterling, for one) get millions when a shitbag pedo trying to get a gun out of his pocket is shot.

QI is also overly protective of police in other instances,. For instance courts, including the 9th District, have ruled that cops do not violate a defendants rights if they steal money or other valuable items while conducting a search.

Last edited:
Yeah…. That I ruling I have never understood.

Historically speaking, Police weren't even invented to protect the public. They have poor History of this going back to their inception in the US, which was to round up runaway slaves. We've all watched Copaganda of the morally superior Wild West lawman, but that's a myth. I found this out looking into the Earp Family. Wyatt, Virgil, and Morgan were all lawmen and yet they were mixed-up in businesses with criminals. This is what started their feud with the Cowboys in Tombstone, not merely that Cowboys were naughty and needed a spankin'. Wyatt's best friend Doc Holliday was a criminal who gets sanitized in retrospect.

Protecting the public is nonsense, a fairy tale. Cops were abd still are property enforcement for the wealthy (if they believe you're legitimately so) and feelings enforcement for the "upstanding." The only way we get them to do the job of "protecting the public" is by methods of accountability to the same laws that we must abide by. And in this light, qualified immunity seems absurd.

Kinda OT but you ever see those Auditor dudes on youtube? Its amazing how mmany cops do not know/understand the law

A lot of auditors do it for kicks and are also kinda dumb. They're either SovCits, or are just wrong about what they think the laws of a particular State are, or what the constitution says. Sometimes Cops are idiots who dont know what their job is, and sometimes an auditor is an idiot who is just plain wrong and is going to push things to being assaulted by Cops.

Kinda OT but you ever see those Auditor dudes on youtube? Its amazing how mmany cops do not know/understand the law
I watch them every once in a while. It seems like in certain towns a large percentage of the cops don’t understand the law at all. It’s amazing that this is still happening with internet being available to everyone.

A lot of these cops still fall for obvious bait

This one is hilarious:

A lot of auditors do it for kicks and are also kinda dumb. They're either SovCits, or are just wrong about what they think the laws of a particular State are, or what the constitution says. Sometimes Cops are idiots who dont know what their job is, and sometimes an auditor is an idiot who is just plain wrong and is going to push things to being assaulted by Cops.
I often watch LongIslandAuditor who seems to be right more often than not. Not sure about others. Its funny b/c they are kinda dicks but still interesting to watch.

I watch them every once in a while. It seems like in certain towns a large percentage of the cops don’t understand the law at all. It’s amazing that this is still happening with internet being available to everyone.

This one is hilarious:

Thank you for sharing.

I often watch LongIslandAuditor who seems to be right more often than not. Not sure about others. Its funny b/c they are kinda dicks but still interesting to watch.

That's Sean Paul Reyes, he's pretty good. So is Phil Turner (The Battousai), he actually had 2 court cases he won which are now frequently cited by auditors and still runs his own channel. Check out "Audit the Audit"...they review auditors and out the research into if the audit was good or not.

This one is hilarious:

Along with Cops being very poorly trained on anything that isnt weapons...one thing that stands out to me is how often they just stand by and watch their co-workers do really stupid sh*t. In this one recent case the auditor knew one of the Cops, and after he triggered the other Cop he said to him "Are you really gonna let him do this? You know this isn't going to go well." And while the Cop he was talking to did make a minimal effort to talk his partner down off the ledge, he still left it to his partner to either wrongfully arrest/assault the guy or not. Cops should also have a legal obligation to intervene when their co-workers are about to violate the law. Too much of this "let's kick his or her @ss and sort it out later" sh*t going on because they know any settlement is going to come from taxpayer dollars.

Along with Cops being very poorly trained on anything that isnt weapons...one thing that stands out to me is how often they just stand by and watch their co-workers do really stupid sh*t. In this one recent case the auditor knew one of the Cops, and after he triggered the other Cop he said to him "Are you really gonna let him do this? You know this isn't going to go well." And while the Cop he was talking to did make a minimal effort to talk his partner down off the ledge, he still left it to his partner to either wrongfully arrest/assault the guy or not. Cops should also have a legal obligation to intervene when their co-workers are about to violate the law. Too much of this "let's kick his or her @ss and sort it out later" sh*t going on because they know any settlement is going to come from taxpayer dollars.
It’s a bit of a gang or “us vs them” mentality. It happens way too often. Not only do the police need more accountability but the whole training process needs an overhaul.

They need to be tested on a yearly basis mentally and physically. Way too many fat slobs on the force. I mean ffs when I was a lifeguard I would have to be tested yearly.

In high crime areas the job can mentally taxing on the officers. Seeing the worst of the worst all day every day can make officers become cynical and break them mentally. We need to make sure these guys are fit in every way because they can become ticking time bombs.

That's Sean Paul Reyes, he's pretty good. So is Phil Turner (The Battousai), he actually had 2 court cases he won which are now frequently cited by auditors and still runs his own channel. Check out "Audit the Audit"...they review auditors and out the research into if the audit was good or not.
thanks. You ever see the women with the southern accent? I saw her in a south carolina airport. It was good. Not see too many more of her though.

Cops should also have a legal obligation to intervene when their co-workers are about to violate the law.

They do have a duty to intervene in some State's/jurisdictions."Duty to intervene" is one of the #8cantwait initiatives. Actually holding an Officer accoutable for not intervening is different than having a law on the books though.

State by State, and major metropolitan pd use of force policies here https://8cantwait.org/

This comment would get more likes if you didn't put that last sentence because it's bull shit. Things may trend in that direction though and it will be because QI AND the Ole gang protects the shit bag cops.

The whole system needs tweaked. Millions in lawsuits for absurd bullshit cases. I detailed many of them in my mega thread. It’s the fear of some jury or prolonged case that cities settle so quickly for justified actions. Other cases like the article of the op have some injustices. I like to see shit bag cops get nailed. I mean, I hate that it happens, but it needs exposed. I think you would be surprised at the number of cops who feel the same as I do.

Back