Question to McGregor supporters

Which option describes you the most?

• Total voters
I enjoy what he brings to the table, but I don't believe in him blindly. I am however a huge supporter and fan. I know that he has his weaknesses but I believe in his strengths. He has made the sport a lot more fun for me.

We are blood brothers. I would fight side by side with him in any war, and while he wouldn't with me, that is ok. We must protect the golden son of Gregory for the final ascension.

#2. I'm a big fan of him, but I only see bad things from here on out. I'm 50/50 on this Alvarez fight but I think Cerrone beats him, Khabib is a nightmare and I think he loses to Aldo in a rematch or against Frankie.
Leave the 145ers out of this pls

Conor has the worst style for moving UP weight classes,his biggest weakness will be magnified against a bigger fighter which he already had problems with. "Realistically" Conor pretty much lost to Nate Diaz twice,the second fight he won a majority decision which didn't even look impressive considering he was surviving while gassed again for the last 3 rounds and was easily controlled on the ground.

tSWUqbE.png

You forgot salty. You only have two comebacks to remember, step up your game son.
No, there's a difference between butthurt & salty. That guy was butthurt but not salty. Come on son. I expect you to know these things.

A more realistic fan. You see that the man has a great talent when it comes to fighting, but you also know his weaknesses and the potential horrible match-ups for him. You are also 50-50 on whether he becomes 2, possible 3-weight world champion.

The style he fights, while entertaining and make him watchable outside of all the "trash talking" is high risk and the longer he fights - like every fighter - he runs the chance of losing more fights.

Before the second Diaz fight, Serra and Cerrone were talking about him bringing in Danis and saying/thinking that he was trying to bridge the gap between him and Diaz on the ground - which I found amazingly odd coming out of Serra's mouth, as he's a 2nd degree black belt, and to think that was what he was trying to do with Danis was ridiculous.

I think he's different in that he puts his head on the line when talking about upcoming fight, describing how and what round he'll win - while not always accurate - it's little things like that that make the build up to a fight more interesting, while a lot of other fighters do the usual 'I respect my opponent, but I will win' line. But each to their own.

I don't see him beating Alvarez or the top LWs though, but would love to see him make history.

But would it really be history or just some forced on you story..?

But would it really be history or just some forced on you story..?

Well he'd be the first to simultaneously hold two world titles in the UFC, that's history. Now how he's got to that point is more to do with Dana trying to capitalise on his popularity, I don't like it, but it'll still be an accomplishment.

4. After he knocks Alvarez' head clean off, he's going to ascend straight into the heavens, if he doesn't decide to KO Atlas and bring the sky tumbling down first.

Well he'd be the first to simultaneously hold two world titles in the UFC, that's history. Now how he's got to that point is more to do with Dana trying to capitalise on his popularity, I don't like it, but it'll still be an accomplishment.

oZNmmwqTlyjo56FB1ycw_Sudeikis%20Shrug.gif

I'd say I'm a mix between 1 and 2. Leaning more towards 1. Im a big fan. He obviously has some weakness. But I dont think his "weakness" is as weak as people make it out to be. His grapling is underatted IMO. Nate Diaz has tapped out black belts. No shame in losing to him in that way... But Eddie's head is coming clean off yeh at Madison Square Gardens!

A 2 that occasionally pretends to be a 1 for shits and giggles.

Conor has the worst style for moving UP weight classes,his biggest weakness will be magnified against a bigger fighter which he already had problems with. "Realistically" Conor pretty much lost to Nate Diaz twice,the second fight he won a majority decision which didn't even look impressive considering he was surviving while gassed again for the last 3 rounds and was easily controlled on the ground.

Hmmm. I feel like that post is more reflective of your opinion on Conor and not the fight itself. But he didn't lose to Diaz twice "realistically" I assume you're saying that because he didn't finish him?

Switch roles for a sec and look at the fight from Diaz' point of view. He was straight out struck away from the cage. Came back stronger at the end of the second and the third by clinching with Conor up against the cage, using dirty Boxing and swarming him with flurries. Diaz came out for the fourth looking a lot slower and you can see early in the round he gets hit with a front kick which curls him over and body shots that made him grab hold of Conor and try for take downs.

As for being easily controlled on the ground, he got tripped with 15 seconds to go and Diaz landed a couple of shots. Looking back I thought that fifth round was close but on account of getting that trip, you have to give it to Diaz.

Back