Rampage Jackson vs Anderson Silva in their primes at 205 who would win?

Ok , appreciated , but Shogun totally dominated Rampage with a Thai clinch , Anderson is Also an expert at this position , ask Franklin .
I don’t think it’s that big of a stretch that Anderson could do the same thing to him

Franklin had no idea how to escape a Thai clinch and isn't a wrestler either, he's also a 185er. I think it is a stretch to assume Anderson would be able to out muscle Rampage in the clinch. If Prime Anderson were to clinch with Prime Rampage he's getting taken down IMO, the strength and size difference is too much for him to stop it.

Liddell's TDD and ability to get back up after getting taken down was better than Anderson's prime for prime and Rampage took him down no problem, kept him down and beat him up on the ground.

Last edited:
Franklin had no idea how to escape a Thai clinch and isn't a wrestler either, he's also a 185er. I think it is a stretch to assume Anderson would be able to out muscle Rampage in the clinch. If Prime Anderson were to clinch with Prime Rampage he's getting taken down IMO, the strength and size difference is too much for him to stop it.

Liddell's TDD and ability to get back up after getting taken down was better than Anderson's prime for prime and Rampage took him down no problem, kept him down and beat him up on the ground.

Would you take rashad evans over anderson silva in a fight?

Last edited:
Would you take rashad evans over anderson silva in a fight?

Hard to say, Rashad had better takedowns than Rampage and better fight IQ but his chin wasn't close to as good and his top control wasn't that good so he generally had to get lots of takedowns to keep people down. I think Anderson would have more opportunities for a KO against Rashad than Rampage. If I could pick the Rashad that fought Phil Davis I think that version of him I favor over Anderson at his best slightly as I think that was the best version of Rashad ever and his top control at that time was much better than any other time in his career.

Back