Rank These 5 Ko’s

Zebra Cheeks

Cheeky Bastard
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Rank these 5 Kos in order of your favorite to least favorite!

Anderson Silva Ko’s Belfort

Leon Kos Usman
1713220437528.gif

Conor’s 13 Second KO of Aldo

Yair Kos Zombie with 1 second to go with a reverse hellbow
1713220809586.jpeg

Max Holloway Throws down with Justin, 1 second KO

Head kick KO’s in MMA are always something special. Out of those, I’d have to pick Silva-Belfort for technique. Max-Gaethje for emotional investment. Leon-Kamaru was like a biopic movie moment. Conor-Jose seems 85% mental warfare in hindsight.

Last edited:
  1. Anderson-Vitor
  2. Conor-Aldo
  3. Yair-Zombie
  4. Edwards-Usman
  5. Max-Gaethje
I’m not trying to be some edgy contrarian by putting Max at #5. Anderson was #1 because I’d never seen anything like it; Conor #2 because no one had ever beaten José at FW before, and to do it in the first exchange of the fight was insane; Yair and Leon because both were wayyyy down on the scorecards and just seconds from losing (I ranked Yair higher of the two for how creative the KO was). Max was ballsy AF to stand and trade in a fight he was winning; but it wasn’t some crazy strike that did it, and he KOed a dude that he had badly damaged all fight long. It was an amazing fucking KO, no doubt, but not better than those others.

I just fed the TS options into a very sophisticated program with an algorithm that includes all MMA fights since 1993 (me while taking a bong rip) and the results were inconclusive.
It apears there may be no wrong answer.

Leon Kos Usman
View attachment 1040028

View attachment 1040030

these are all LEGIT

If I can add one, Barboza over Etim is up there, UFC 141 or 142, Aldo x Mendes, but Im too lazy to attach gifs

1. dylan
2. dylan
3. dylan
4. dylan
5. dylan

1. Anderson-Vitor
  2. Conor-Aldo
  3. Yair-Zombie
  4. Edwards-Usman
  5. Max-Gaethje
I’m not trying to be some edgy contrarian by putting Max at #5. Anderson was #1 because I’d never seen anything like it; Conor #2 because no one had ever beaten José at FW before, and to do it in the first exchange of the fight was insane; Yair and Leon because both were wayyyy down on the scorecards and just seconds from losing (I ranked Yair higher of the two for how creative the KO was). Max was ballsy AF to stand and trade in a fight he was winning; but it wasn’t some crazy strike that did it, and he KOed a dude that he had badly damaged all fight long. It was an amazing fucking KO, no doubt, but not better than those others.
same list only I flip 1 and 2 because Aldo was on fire and had never been kod

Im gonna go with Max.

He had the fight already in the bag and for him to brawl with the guy you never brawl with and knock him the fuck out was INSANE.

The Vitor Silva KO is so aesthetically pleasing but I figured for sure Silva was gonna win going into it.

I think it comes down to preference, they're all awesome for their own reasons so it's hard to rank them since I'd always be switching it up overtime.
Leon's might be the best considering what was on the line there. Like Max/Justin was a holy shit moment, but Leon/Usman was a HOLY shit moment.

Still one of the craziest comebacks of all time that no one saw coming from a guy who isn't really known for finishing fights and was dead tired in the fifth.

Leon Kos Usman
View attachment 1040028

View attachment 1040030

1. Yair
2. Silva
3. Leon
4. Max
5. Conor

Who they are and who they are doing it to is not relevent on my list. Simply just the KO.

Leon Kos Usman
View attachment 1040028

View attachment 1040030

Conor KOing Aldo, Anderson KOing Vitor and Leon KOing Usman are all far greater than Max or Yairs KO. If we're speaking pure aesthetics, Maxs is the worst and least impressive by far in my opinion. But clearly we aren't speaking pure aesthetics so the Yair KO shouldn't even be on the list.

I can't rank Leon, Anderson and Conor. Literally 3 of the greatest KOs and biggest moments in MMA. I keep going back and forth. Leon is the most recent, the most surprising and the one that came from an underdog down on the rounds. Conor vs Aldo was us witnessing the most meteoric rise in MMA history crescendo with a 6 second KO over Aldo, all time great in his prime who had never been knocked out. And Anderson vs Vitor was two of the best strikers in the sport, two legends at the top of their game, it was an emotional bout and such an innovative kick...we didn't see traditional snap kicks in MMA or kickboxing and then after that, everyone began training and throwing them.

For me personally I suppose after going back and forth a few times

1. Anderson vs Vitor
2. McGregor vs Aldo
3. Leon vs Usman

4. Max vs Gaethje
5. Yair vs Zombie.

these are all LEGIT

If I can add one, Barboza over Etim is up there, UFC 141 or 142, Aldo x Mendes, but Im too lazy to attach gifs
I omitted many great kos. Edson has two crazy kos, the Uriah hall tuf ko, H bomb, and many others are some of my all time favorites

Back