Rank UFC champs by their chances at beating the one above them.

Safton

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
My first thread in forever. In the current landscape of the UFC, how would you rate each champions' chances at moving up to claim the belt above them in a Superfight on a scale of most to least likely?
  • Zhang Weili vs. Alexa Grasso
  • Brandon Moreno vs. Aljamain Sterling
  • Aljamain Sterling vs. Alexander Volkanovski
  • Alexander Volkanovski vs. Islam Makhachev
  • Islam Makhachev vs. Leon Edwards
  • Leon Edwards vs. Israel Adesanya
  • Israel Adesanya vs. Jamahal Hill
  • Jamahal Hill vs. Jon Jones
1.)
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)
7.)
8.)

I know one of these has already happened, but what I'm trying to establish here is where you feel these match-ups sit in relation to one another in regards to each champs' respective chances? In this regard I would argue that having some actual real-world data IRT Islam vs. Volk is actually pretty valuable.

If you feel like also exploring other potential champ-champ match-ups that could potentially happen if one of the above were to get dethroned in the near-future based on announced match-ups, then by all means feel free. (For instance, Sterling vs. Rodriguez, Islam vs. Colby, or Adesanya vs. Jiri).

Be as detailed as you would like with your ranking and your explanation of it, including each individual fight if you are so inclined.

Last edited:
1. Grasso takes it with her size and crisp boxing.
2. Aljo for sure. I think Moreno would get absolutely mauled on the ground.
3. Volk takes a UD in a fight that's likely decided entirely on the feet.
4. Islam beats Alex more convincingly in a rematch. I think the first fight was Alex's best shot, and Islam would make the necessary adjustments.
5. I actually think this is a good matchup for Islam. I could see Leon being very hesitant to pull the trigger, and eventually Islam will get his grappling going.
6. Fairly straightforward win for Izzy, where he stays on the outside and picks away at Leon for a comfortable UD.
7. Would have to also pick Izzy. Hill has looked great recently, but likely gets picked apart for 5 rounds. Hill couldn't be totally counted out here though, as he has huge power, and decent enough boxing to catch anyone. I'd really like to see this fight, actually.
8. Jones besmirches Hill in every phase of the fight. First round TKO due to GnP would be my pick.

So, in all, not looking great for guys that want to move up, IMO.

Back