Movies Rate Spider-Man 2 (2004)

How good it is?

• Total voters
I'll go 7, maybe 8. I'm not a huge Spidy fan but I felt those films were solid and particularly enjoyed SII.

Honestly I've pretty much enjoyed the entire Spidy catalogue of flicks.

A solid 8 for me.

I use to have it as a 10, but it's aged ever so slightly. Solid 9/10 tho. Great action set pieces, without being overly CGI heavy gives it big points from me. It's something I find extremely lacking in the MCU/Holland movies. They lack that epic quality from the Raimi and to a lesser extent, the Webb films.

Which superhero films are better besides TDK?

I'd say Begins, Iron Man, Civil War, Winter Soldier and Infinity War just those.

I agree with those overall I think. Maybe civil war is closer to being equal with it.

I think xmen first class has a case

I didn't enjoy it as much as the first one, but I still thought it was pretty good.

9/10. Still regard it as one of the best superhero movies ever made. Captures the characters well and has great action scenes.

I agree with those overall I think. Maybe civil war is closer to being equal with it.

I think xmen first class has a case

I'd say that X-Men First Class is the best X-Men film alongside X2. I'm not a huge fan of Logan but it's a good film.

1. TDK
2. Winter Soldier
3. Infinity War
4. Batman Begins
5. Civil War
6. Iron Man
7. Spider-Man 2
8. TDKR
9. Joker
10. Spider-Man 1

I'd say that X-Men First Class is the best X-Men film alongside X2. I'm not a huge fan of Logan but it's a good film.

1. TDK
2. Winter Soldier
3. Infinity War
4. Batman Begins
5. Civil War
6. Iron Man
7. Spider-Man 2
8. TDKR
9. Joker
10. Spider-Man 1

Xmen 2 was really good

Thoughts?

Loved Spider-Man 2 when I first watched it, and still consider it a quality film.

But its aged the poorest of the three Raimi films.

Basically, Doc Oc was the same villain as Green Goblin, in spirit.

Both were scientist role models to Peter before a horrific experiment goes wrong and gives them a split personality that makes them become evil.

Peter was losing his powers, and without any explanation suddenty gets his powers back.

And the ending of the sequel is basically what we wanted the original's ending to be, with Harry finding out that Peter killed his father, and MJ and Peter getting together.

And MJ in this movie is a very dislikeable love interest. She gets hitched with a guy that looks like Peter, gets engaged to him, and when she discovers Peter is Spider-Man she ditches her feonce on the wedding alter to run to Peter and say she wants to be with him, and Peter agrees.

All of that is FAR more cringy than Emo Peter doing his jazz dance in Spider-Man 3. Say what you want about the third movie but at least it wasn't a 'Home Alone 2' sequel like the second movie was.

Xmen 2 was really good

I liked it a lot, and it has aged a lot less than X1 and X3 which seem really dated (third one is a flat out bad film in my opinion).

It would be interesting to have a tournament revolving this or directors. I don’t know who would win; except TDK which seem to be the #1 choice for many

Loved Spider-Man 2 when I first watched it, and still consider it a quality film.

But its aged the poorest of the three Raimi films.

Basically, Doc Oc was the same villain as Green Goblin, in spirit.

Both were scientist role models to Peter before a horrific experiment goes wrong and gives them a split personality that makes them become evil.

Peter was losing his powers, and without any explanation suddenty gets his powers back.

And the ending of the sequel is basically what we wanted the original's ending to be, with Harry finding out that Peter killed his father, and MJ and Peter getting together.

And MJ in this movie is a very dislikeable love interest. She gets hitched with a guy that looks like Peter, gets engaged to him, and when she discovers Peter is Spider-Man she ditches her feonce on the wedding alter to run to Peter and say she wants to be with him, and Peter agrees.

All of that is FAR more cringy than Emo Peter doing his jazz dance in Spider-Man 3. Say what you want about the third movie but at least it wasn't a 'Home Alone 2' sequel like the second movie was.
100% agree. Nothing in the movie actually made sense. Punching Doc in the face should have killed him or at least knocked him out. GG was super powered — Ock wasnt. Don’t get why this movie gets so much love.

I liked it a lot, and it has aged a lot less than X1 and X3 which seem really dated (third one is a flat out bad film in my opinion).

It would be interesting to have a tournament revolving this or directors. I don’t know who would win; except TDK which seem to be the #1 choice for many

Tbh I caught x men 1 on tv not long ago and i thought it still held up. The opening scene is fantastic and it avoids camp for the most part. It brought serious underlying themes into its story which wasnt seen as far as I remember since burton batmans.

Honestly the one x men film i think has aged worse than i thought it would is days of future past.

I'll have to watch it again but I'll go with 8, I remember it being pretty good at the time

100% agree. Nothing in the movie actually made sense. Punching Doc in the face should have killed him or at least knocked him out. GG was super powered — Ock wasnt. Don’t get why this movie gets so much love.
He punches him all the time in the comics and doesn't kill or ko him. Technically Ock doesn't have superhuman endurance but they rarely have him getting one shot, as that would make for a crappy fight.

Back