News Raul Rosas Jr. vs Ricky Turcios officially not happening this weekend

Turcios doesn't want to be too much of a stepping stone for Rosas.
If Rosas wants to fight, why didn't they match him with Vinicius who just lost his opponent rather than bringing Chimaev's teammate from Sweden to Vegas during the fight week?

Holy cow next week's card looks ROUGH. I guess this is what a giant roster and contracts looks like. What Apex looks like

It's no wonder I work nearly every Saturday night. You know how hard it is to come home after a hard day's work and see these unfamiliar grind out Close decisions though? I'm getting old
Time has passed us <mma1>

d7sAUr.gif

Turcios doesn't want to be too much of a stepping stone for Rosas.
If Rosas wants to fight, why didn't they match him with Vinicius who just lost his opponent rather than bringing Chimaev's teammate from Sweden to Vegas during the fight week?

UFC is trying to build Rosas up slowly, he's young as hell. They aren't gonna throw him in there with someone like Vinicius on short notice lol, they want to be careful & selective with his matchmaking going forward.

Card is falling apart? It's being headlined by an unranked fighter with 1 fight in the UFC. It was never put together to begin with.
To be fair, that's just poor placement. We all know mokaev vs perez is the main event. Card is decent, but some good fights like Klein vs alvarez fell through and umar couldn't get a solid opponent. Lotta prospects on this one. Might be underrated at this point.

It was also meant to be an international fight night, so . Ya know, these are kinda regional/ethnic fighters

To be fair, that's just poor placement. We all know mokaev vs perez is the main event. Card is decent, but some good fights like Klein vs alvarez fell through and umar couldn't get a solid opponent. Lotta prospects on this one. Might be underrated at this point.

It was also meant to be an international fight night, so . Ya know, these are kinda regional/ethnic fighters
Yeah, that might be true, although it’s a card with a lot of prospects fighting, especially in the lighter weightclasses, so personally I’m really looking forward to see how those young guys will perform.

Did they ever announce the 13th fight for 300 yet? If not I could see this being thrown on the bottom of the card.

Ariel Ambush -- surprise both by getting them on dueling TV Monitors.

Agitate them, get them emotional -- then let them speak the truth.

The people who were shitting on Turcios have mysteriously gone silent.

I actually agree with you completely. As I said in another thread, aside from Anders/Pickett, the card is actually fantastic with tons of fighters with significant upside: Erceg, Mokaev, Umar, Basharat, Petrino.

For a fight night, I'd agree it's way above average in terms of depth.

Bushido code? Lmao bud this is prize fighting not a Bruce Lee movie.

Back