• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Raw egg & Cola

FokaiMuayThai

MOO TAI LEGENDARY
@purple
Reaction score
While training in Thailand my Thai trainer instructed me to drink a couple raw eggs and wash it down with some kind of cola (coke, sprite etc) after each training session, it was supposed to make me "Strong", which could mean anything..... I was kind of scared to because of salmonella, but it was Thailand and these eggs are 100 percent organic, free range, straight from the hen's arse next door so i ignored my fears.

Surprisingly, I've been doing this regularly & i feel pretty good. What's the significance of this combination????

PS- i know nothing of nutrition, so no asshole comments, or my feelings will be thoroughly hurt.

Eggs for protein, and cola to wash it down. I dont think it goes any deeper than that

Woah, never heard anything like that. If you are in fact getting strong with raw eggs and coke then keep at it.

cola is pretty common post workout drink in Thailand for the fighters. It's cheap and helps replace their glycogen for the hard two-a-day workouts that are typical of there. The eggs are cheap form of protein. Generally speaking fighters are poor in Thailand so they need to get as much protein as possible for the lowest amount. Eggs are good for this.

I can't think of a place I'd be less likely to want to eat raw egg.

You prefer those from hens full of hormones that have been repeatedly shat upon? :eek:

Hens are not full of hormones, and eggs go to the factory to get washed, sterilized, and a special coating applied to them. There is nothing wrong with store bought eggs, AT ALL.

you know raw eggs i can do, cola i can do...but there is something about chasing raw eggs with cola that just sounds like my stomach would hate me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the protein in eggs not as bioavailable when they're raw?

im new to this stuff, but my dad used to drink raw eggs.
he got horribly sick, diahorria and stomach bugs - stuff like that.
once he told the doctor about it, the doc said you shouldnt eat/drink raw egg.
but thats just experiance...
Posted via Mobile Device

Honestly in The US you don't really have anything to worry about with raw eggs and salmonella. A very tiny fraction of a percent of eggs in the US are infected with salmonella.

Even then the salmonella eggs would have to be improperly handled before being consumed raw in order for you to possibly get sick.

Raw egg protein being less bioavailable is a myth. However, uncooked animal of any kind will have a higher chance of giving you something than uncooked, and raw eggs are nasty anyways. You'd be just as set having some boiled eggs and a few pieces of fruit in oatmeal.

Cooking eggs can help to destroy an antinutrient called Avidin, which binds a b vitamin called biotin. I don't believe there is any relation between cooking and protein digestibility. Cooking does disrupt some protein, but not enough to make cooking eggs a bad thing.

Honestly in The US you don't really have anything to worry about with raw eggs and salmonella. A very tiny fraction of a percent of eggs in the US are infected with salmonella.

Even then the salmonella eggs would have to be improperly handled before being consumed raw in order for you to possibly get sick.

True enough, but so far as non BS goes there isn't any benefit of eating eggs raw vs cooked.
There is however slight a risk of salmonella when eating them raw. And they must taste like absolute shit raw too.

Hens are not full of hormones, and eggs go to the factory to get washed, sterilized, and a special coating applied to them. There is nothing wrong with store bought eggs, AT ALL.

Thats good because I eat them ALL THE TIME! :icon_lol:

oh i was also told to mix the eggs with some brewer's yeast.

Watch the documentary Food, inc.

Back