RDA and Lawler have that weak chin syndrome..

ReasonableMMAFan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If Alavrez and Nick "pillows hit harder than me" Diaz can knock out Dos Nachos and Hobbie Lawler, then so could Conor.

agreed, i always said this to people and people believes robbie was untouchable till tyron

RDA has only been KO'd twice & he didn't even go down against Eddie...

conor-caught-by-diaz.gif

Nick has a ton of KO wins though...

And Conor got rocked badly by Nate who has very few ko wins.

Are you really bringing up a Lawler fight from 13 years ago to make a point?

And pillow fisted Nate turned Conor into a panic wrestler. Lawler would hurt him badly.

Are you really bringing up a Lawler fight from 13 years ago to make a point?

And pillow fisted Nate turned Conor into a panic wrestler. Lawler would hurt him badly.

Doesn't matter how long ago it was. His chin is still the same now, yesterday and ten years ago. This is the same argument people used before 205, but it was thoroughly debunked when Conor destroyed Eddie.

Manhoef couldn't KO Robbie even landing flush. Let that sink in smart guy.

Doesn't matter how long ago it was. His chin is still the same now, yesterday and ten years ago. This is the same argument people used before 205, but it was thoroughly debunked when Conor destroyed Eddie.

In 39 fights Lawler has only been KO'd or TKO'd twice. His chin has been tested at MW for half of those fights and WW the other half. In other words, he has been fighting men who are much heavier, much stronger and with much more punching power than Conor McGregor. And what leads you to believe that the man who was hurt by light fisted Nate could handle the power of a heavy hitter like Lawler?

Both nick and nate got a lot of power that people don't give them cred for

In 39 fights Lawler has only been KO'd or TKO'd twice. His chin has been tested at MW for half of those fights and WW the other half. In other words, he has been fighting men who are much heavier, much stronger and with much more punching power than Conor McGregor. And what leads you to believe that the man who was hurt by light fisted Nate could handle the power of a heavy hitter like Lawler?

Doesn't matter to me how many fights Hobbie has had, he was still knocked dead by Nick while his chin was still fresh.

People used that same logic when talking about Alavrez. How he had only been finished by strikes years ago and how unlikely it would be for Conor to be the one to knock him out. That's bullshit. Doesn't matter how many fights ago it was, if you were finished before you can be finished again.

Doesn't matter to me how many fights Hobbie has had, he was still knocked dead by Nick while his chin was still fresh.

People used that same logic when talking about Alavrez. How he had only been finished by strikes years ago and how unlikely it would be for Conor to be the one to knock him out. That's bullshit. Doesn't matter how many fights ago it was, if you were finished before you can be finished again.

It's not about how many fights he's had. It's about who those fights were against. In the UFC alone he has gone toe to toe with Condit, Hendricks twice, Rory twice, Ellenberger and Matt Brown. None of those WW's could put him away. Weak chin syndrome my ass.

Even MW Manhoef couldn't KO Lawler but LW Conor can? And what makes you believe that Conor can handle Lawler's power when he couldn't even handle the power of a soft puncher like Nate?

Last edited:
rda got headkicked a bunch by pettis and just ate that shit

It's not about how many fights he's had. It's about who those fights were against. In the UFC alone he has gone toe to toe with Condit, Hendricks twice, Rory twice, Ellenberger and Matt Brown. None of those WW's could put him away. Weak chin syndrome my ass.

Even MW Manhoef couldn't KO Lawler but LW Conor can? And what makes you believe that Conor can handle Lawler's power when he couldn't even handle the power of a soft puncher like Nate?

He got dropped by Condit who also has pillow fists. Rory clocked him hard in their second fight and was close to finishing him. Tyron ripped a whole through his face. He's been hurt in most of his fights, but that's all mostly irrelevant. He got knocked out by a Diaz jab, and Conor's left cross>>>>Diaz jab

Also, Conor has proven he can withstand Nate's punches.

Overall Hobbie is greatly overrated. He's a meh striker with a shot chin and really good defensive wrestling. His toughness is what really makes him the fighter he is though. Even then most of his fights are pretty boring and he has a lot of flaws. I would pick both Nate and Conor to beat him.

They're tough asf, 30% of the chin is toughness

Back