RDA is already gotten to

FrontNakedChoke

Reaction score
"I'm gonna have a chance to finish this fight in the first round," dos Anjos said. "But I want to punish him all the way until the third, until the fourth. I'm gonna make him bleed. He's gonna pay for everything he's talking about everybody. For all the disrespect this guy has. I'm gonna punish him for long minutes." -RDA

Conor is excellent at getting his opponents to take on the weight of everything he has said or done. Not only to them, but to everyone along the way. This adds a lot more pressure to the fight. The Porier fight is definitely a good example of this. These guys take on the weight of the fight, having to represent their family and friends, their team, and their countries. "I'm gonna shut this guy up." You can tell they feel the pressure when they step in the cage with him. Aldo did as well. This creates stiff, mechanical movement. Reaching and overextending like Jose. They aren't relaxed, aren't focused, aren't doing the things they've trained to do. We've seen it time and time again and this time will be no different. There is even more added pressure being that it's a super-fight.

I expect RDA to enter the contest anxious. I expect Conor to enter the contest calm. Relaxed. Flowing.

The pressure on RDA will be too much. No long minutes.

This will be another first round finish for El Chapo Jr.

Thank you for sumarizing all bullshit mcnuggets are throwing around here..

He wants to be the first guy to take out a huge shit talker. How is that mean he's gotten to?

I'm gonna make him bleed

8rWSPVW.gif

He wants to be the first guy to take out a huge shit talker. How is that mean he's gotten to?
Because it has him (claiming) to alter his game plan.
"But I want to punish him all the way until the third, until the fourth" That's how you fuck up. IF you can finish a fight in the first round you do so, correct?

Because it has him (claiming) to alter his game plan.
"But I want to punish him all the way until the third, until the fourth" That's how you fuck up. IF you can finish a fight in the first round you do so, correct?
how is punishing an opponent for multiple rounds not his style when he did it to win the belt....You really don't think he'll take a first round finish???? Well thats dumb,we saw Ronda say the same thing about Betche.

The fact is, some can be properly motivated by things like shit talk and come in with laser like focus. We shall see if that's the case.

Not only does Conor's trashtalk makes him shitloads of money, but it gets his opponents riled as well. Without even realizing it, they're starting to dance to his rhythm before the fight begins. Brilliant stuff.

Conor via (T)KO. RDA will try to bully and break Conor like he did with Pettis. Those kind of pressure tactics will be obsolete with a striker of McGregor's caliber. The moment RDA lunges forward and enters the GOAT's range, he is eating left hand missiles.

how is punishing an opponent for multiple rounds not his style when he did it to win the belt....You really don't think he'll take a first round finish???? Well thats dumb,we saw Ronda say the same thing about Betche.

The fact is, some can be properly motivated by things like shit talk and come in with laser like focus. We shall see if that's the case.
Anytime you extend a fight to dish out more punishment you have been "gotten to". If he has the opportunity to finish and chooses not to, then yes he has been gotten to even if he does pull off the win.
EDIT: additionally, I wasn't aware RDA talked shit on a Rousey level regularly, my bad.

Dismissing RDA at this point I think is foolish. He dealt with Pettis, with ease over five rounds and he had a completely blown out knee.

I think Conor has the ability to end him early, but I think he really has his work cut out.

Conor is undoubtedly great at mind games and I do believe it was a huge factor in Aldo getting KTFO so quickly. RDA seems like an emotional guy also so I am really looking forward to see how these mind games affect him. RDA has seen what happened to Aldo so it'd be stupid to fight with a lot of emotion. I have a feeling RDA will stay calm and come with a great plan. I am picking RDA by decision.

Brazilians take thrash talk way too seriously. This is what happens when you come from historically subjugated nations. You automatically adopt other people's opinion because you're not used to assigning values yourself but rather look to others, your betters and masters, to do it for you. One would think that Conor would suffer from this condition as well, seeing how Ireland was England's bitch throughout history, but he manged to rise above it and become his own master. That's what exceptional individuals do. They win the spiritual battles and let physical ones sort themselves out.

This is why he will dethrone Rafael like it's nothing.

Well, Dos Anjos did say he was in his head. I'm sure he meant that as a positive, motivational tool for himself. I think Dos Anjos was playing the game/trying to be intimidatory even by saying he'd stretch the fight out and punish Conor.

If anything got to Dos Anjos, I'd reckon it was the comment about him blowing up in weight inbetween the Pettis and Cerrone fight and having to go through the weight cut again. He had a damaged ACL and fully blown out MCL for that fight, IIRC, and he mentioned his MCL hadn't fully healed after the Cerrone fight. Plus, he was vocal about moving up to WW because of the weight cut and IV ban.

Travelling to Brazil two months before the fight doing interview after interview can't be ideal for him and a new experience, that by all accounts, is a draining one. Conor had Cordiero fapping about the Jesus comment. And he'll no doubt have him, Werdum and possibly Silva and Babalu - not the most laid back folk - inadvertently putting pressure on him to beat Conor for disrespecting Jesus, Brazil, the gym, etc. We'll see what happens once they're both in the cage and the lights are on both of them.

RDA is not amused by your thread

20140823105627_5D3_8543.JPG

neither is Aldo

1431686185_yicai7_6fad4.gif

Brazilians take thrash talk way too seriously. This is what happens when you come from historically subjugated nations. You automatically adopt other people's opinion because you're not used to assigning values yourself but rather look to others, your betters and masters, to do it for you. One would think that Conor would suffer from this condition as well, seeing how Ireland was England's bitch throughout history, but he manged to rise above it and become his own master. That's what exceptional individuals do. They win the spiritual battles and let physical ones sort themselves out.

This is why he will dethrone Rafael like it's nothing.

How dare you.

But it's true. The post colonial hangover is still simmering in certain parts of the country. I'd reckon if our Boxers could keep their 'calm the fuck down' gene in control, we'd do better in professional Boxing.

Could be a long night for Conor. If he gets taken down a couple of times, he'll take a beating. RDA would be stupid not to take any sub opportunities if they present themselves.

Thank you for sumarizing all bullshit mcnuggets are throwing around here..
piss off back to Conors nuts. It would be great to see just a fight,instead of another silly extravaganza. I'm feeling same for Conor as Chael.Talk gets repetetive and mostly scripted

even in the TUF show,all his words of wisdom came from his mobile.The guys irish,he ain't no poet.I'm thinking kavanagh is the brains behind conor,he is cool and smart,and respectful,unlike mccracker

If anyone actually believes RDA intentionally will drag the fight out and wont want to finish it early, you're nuts!

I like how TS just regurgitates Conor's lingo and uses it in his post, its so cute how impressionable Conor fans are.

Conor is excellent at getting his opponents to take on the weight of everything he has said or done. Not only to them, but to everyone along the way. This adds a lot more pressure to the fight. The Porier fight is definitely a good example of this. These guys take on the weight of the fight, having to represent their family and friends, their team, and their countries. "I'm gonna shut this guy up." You can tell they feel the pressure when they step in the cage with him. Aldo did as well. This creates stiff, mechanical movement. Reaching and overextending like Jose. They aren't relaxed, aren't focused, aren't doing the things they've trained to do. We've seen it time and time again and this time will be no different. There is even more added pressure being that it's a super-fight.

I expect RDA to enter the contest anxious. I expect Conor to enter the contest calm. Relaxed. Flowing.

The pressure on RDA will be too much. No long minutes.

This will be another first round finish for El Chapo Jr.

So true. It reminds me of Super Bowl III, Joe Namath was a loud mouth hippy, the Baltimore Colts were one of the best NFL teams ever going into that game, Dustin Poirier was so tense and nervous before he fought Connor that he reminds me of the way Earl Morrall looked in Super Bowl III. It was like the Colts collapsed under their own pressure in that game.

Back