Realistically why Conor still fights..

For his living standards, he must be blowing through money. Plus a business always burns truckloads of money before making any so don’t be so sure about Proper12 making millions as we speak. Earning 10-15 million dollars a fight is very welcomed. Last but not least, the success of his product goes in hand with his notoriety and success as a fighter.

I'd say internally he sees fighting as his artform and also a platform

He's been very much into donating and propelling good causes by using his reach

What you cave dwellers don't understand, or are incapable of grasping, is that fine crafting your artform is just as rewarding as anything else. Conor didn't become obsessed with fighting solely because of money. If money was the main impetus, he would've studied stocks, economics, international trade, etc. Shit that people with no art form pursue in order to acquire mass sums of wealth

And through Conor's journey of gaining riches, meeting others on a higher plane of functionality, he has arrived at where he is today.

He is in his athletic prime. You got one life,cant waste it.

MMA don't pay the kinda money these team sports do

Plus Dana is a cheap ass and he don't even like Conor

See, that's a big misconception here, Dana doesn't like Conor. He doesn't like Khabib either.

He liked Chuck Liddel, he liked Ronda Rousey, Anderson Silva, he doesn't like guys that make his job hard and he's thrown Conor under the bus a couple times to be quite honest..

And Conor was never poised or positioned to be the goat. Never once if you think of actual ability. He might be the goat salesman, or self promoter in mma, but other than that no.

And if you have a desire to keep going that's up to the individual. Conor probably doesn't have it anymore but up to this point it's put his liqour in drug stores and nationwide grocers and liqour stores. Not bad for a 32 yo from across the pond. His story isn't over yet, so let's see what happens from here business endeavor wise for the young man.

You seem to be very removed from reality. A lot of conjecture here with no plausible reasoning.

Legacy. Conor is a fighter and competitor at heart.

Pretty much this i'd say. Dude has balls, not many other fighters would have moved up two divisions after winning the strap, that move still doesn't make sense to me but it worked apparently.

Maybe he spent all his money when he was drunk.
I’ve done that plenty of times

He's got all the belts, all the fame ..
HAD the belts, not anymore.
He wants to feel great, that is why.
You can see it in his demeanor, the way he walks, talks.

The picture in his mind is him on top, a Champion.
When he fulfills that, he feels satisfied.

Dude has a $100m and a thriving whisky business ..
He's got all the belts, all the fame ..

He doesn't have a thriving whiskey business. Whiskey businesses take like 6 years to break into the black and his whiskey is bottom shelf. Liquor margins aren't great but bottom rung is a rat race.

This is all he knows. He isn't college educated or comes from money. His family members aren't that bright either. Either he fights or he ruins his life partying. I am not even sure he can keep fighting at this point. Your prime is very short.

Not sure but that’s my take on Conor and honestly I feel I am 100% correct like to the core.
Yeah I mean he’s never shown that he is a great at LW. He waltzed into a free title shot. Also, who knows if some of his drive has disappeared. Doubts may be creeping in now that he’s lost quite a few recently. He won’t ever look like the Conor that we saw in 2015 again. Still a good fighter and a feather in anyone’s cap that beats him

It's more meaningful to ask - why would he stop fighting? He has shown he can bounce back from his losses (his popularity exploded after Nate embarassed him). He probably loves money, loves attention, loves competing. Fighting is his primary platform for all that.

In early 2019, reports stated that Proper No. 12 sold out a six-month allocation in its first ten days and shipped about 200,000 nine-litre cases since its launch. The 200,000 cases were sold for $35-40 million.
people all over the world are drinking his shit, it makes at least 5m a year

He doesn't have nearly the amount of money you guys think he does(hardly any of these athletes and entertainers do), if he wants to enjoy yachts and jets he's gonna need to secure a few more paychecks.

He's fighting for money, attention, and to right some of the inactivity in his career. He wanted to add another happy chapter in his career, but it all blew up badly. He tends to take these long breaks after being paid, spends it then fights a year later.

I thought about the same question. It seems to me that all his shitty businesses (the crap whisky -which BTW I don´t believe is thriving-, the bet schtick, the fitness plan) require from him to keep the aura of supreme invincibility to function properly. The famous McGregor Promotions have only ONE product to promote, Conor himself, and its hard to promote a fighter that just got dismantled.
I don´t think it's a shame to be TKOed by Poirier, one of the best combat athletes today, but this will dent Conor businesses. It must be difficult to do business with an invincible fighter when you just saw his head bouncing off the canvas.
Maybe he is just trying to bite more than he can chew, IDK.

He doesn't have nearly the amount of money you guys think he does(hardly any of these athletes and entertainers do), if he wants to enjoy yachts and jets he's gonna need to secure a few more paychecks.

This.

Back