Movies Reasons you love The Dark Knight besides The Joker

It, and Ledger's performance, both have to be amongst the most overrated thing in recent Hollywood. Not saying either were bad, both were good, but when people cite them as GOAT level, I just assume they don't like film that much.

Batman Begins is a better film, imo.

I liked it less than Batman Begins

Also don't consider Heath Ledger a great Joker and i even liked the actor when was alive

The script was very well written. Heath's performance was great but I feel like the joker would've been great even with another actor because he was written so well.

Jonathan Nolan is magical. Probably the best screenwriter in the world today. Every script he touches winds up being great.

The score

This fucking shot of Bruce still half in his suit coming to terms that he couldn’t protect who he loved most
The-dark-knight-45-1031.jpg

The practical effects like the the truck flip, the general cinematography of Chicago as Gotham. It was the perfect blend of looking like a modern city but also something cinematic to it

I thought it was boring af outside of Joker, and that was a 25 minute performance in a 2-1/2 hour movie. Some nice urban cinematography, but even then, it's Chicago not Gotham. Spend the entire movie building up Two-Face then realize they've got 20 minutes to wrap up the film
so he gets a 20 minute lifespan where he suffers a jobbers death. Waaaaaaay too much Batman. All that stuff like 'omg is he finally gonna snap and kill this guy????' of course he isn't dipshit, it's Batman

Last edited:
Harvey Dent was great. Lucius was great. Alfred was great. The only character I didn't like was Rachel, how do you go from Katie Holmes to Maggie Gyllenhaal? I blame Tom Cruise.
Batman illegally spying on the entire city to stop the Joker was an interesting moral quandary.

I thought it was boring af outside of Joker, and that was a 25 minute performance in a 2-1/2 hour movie. Some nice urban cinematography, but even then, it's Chicago not Gotham. Spend the entire movie building up Two-Face then realize they've got 20 minutes to wrap up the film
so he gets a 20 minute lifespan where he suffers a jobbers death. Waaaaaaay too much Batman. All that stuff like 'omg is he finally gonna snap and kill this guy????' of course he isn't dipshit, it's Batman
<PlusJuan>

Reactions: Zer
I thought Aaron Eckhart did a superb job as Harvey Dent. He really captured the essence of that character.

Also Cillian Murphy was pretty good, although very small part. lol

And Gary Oldman is great in everything he does.

It, and Ledger's performance, both have to be amongst the most overrated thing in recent Hollywood. Not saying either were bad, both were good, but when people cite them as GOAT level, I just assume they don't like film that much.
That's pretty silly. It's one of the most celebrated performances of all time for a reason. And no, it's not because he died. It was a wholly original take on the character, and he had to fill the shoes of an equally great performance by Jack Nicholson, and he knocked it out of the park. He practically carries the film(in what is fairly limited screen time). Now, the movie itself is a different ball of wax, as it does have some glaring issues, but the performance is legendary and will stand the test of time.

Batman Begins is a better film, imo.
It is, but there's not one stand out performance in it. BB is the better overall movie, but you can't fuck with Ledger's performance in TDK.

The performances, the score, the writing, the cinematography. The Joker didn’t have a ton of screen time so it was impressive what they were able to do with the cha

WHERE ARE THEY??

Also, serious lols at these edgelord takes about it being the worst of the 3. Begins was borderline retarded.

That's pretty silly. It's one of the most celebrated performances of all time for a reason. And no, it's not because he died. It was a wholly original take on the character, and he had to fill the shoes of an equally great performance by Jack Nicholson, and he knocked it out of the park. He practically carries the film(in what is fairly limited screen time). Now, the movie itself is a different ball of wax, as it does have some glaring issues, but the performance is legendary and will stand the test of time.

It is, but there's not one stand out performance in it. BB is the better overall movie, but you can't fuck with Ledger's performance in TDK.

As I said it was a good performance. If you think it’s one of the great performances in the history of film….I don’t know what to tell you.

It absolutely was boosted because of HL’s death.

Truth be told, it’s a role most good actors would love to do and excel in…..unless they go all Jared Leto. Joaquin was an equally good performance and a bit overrated too, imo. (Neither were what I imagine when I think of classic Joker, really).

As I said it was a good performance. If you think it’s one of the great performances in the history of film….I don’t know what to tell you.
You don't have to tell me anything. It's widely celebrated by critics and audiences alike as one of the greatest performances in history. You're the outlier here. Saying stupid shit like "you don't like film that much if you think it's great" is ridiculous. You're saying that people who are into film, are educated on film, and work in the film industry, are all wrong.

You don't have much of a leg to stand on here.

I can appreciate your opinion, but taking it to such a level of unwarranted snobbery, like you know better than everyone else, is silly.

You don't have to tell me anything. It's widely celebrated by critics and audiences alike as one of the greatest performances in history. You're the outlier here. Saying stupid shit like "you don't like film that much if you think it's great" is ridiculous. You're saying that people who are into film, are educated on film, and work in the film industry, are all wrong.

You don't have much of a leg to stand on here.

I can appreciate your opinion, but taking it to such a level of unwarranted snobbery, like you know better than everyone else, is silly.

Aha, I can see you are not really a film fan.

No worries.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back