• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Reccomend me some conservative movies.

Needs more golden labs

ELxn7RGVUAATuTn.jpg:large
Man this image elicits a certain feeling. A calmness even.

It was a (albiet extreme) conservative government in V for Vendetta.
And Orwell literally fought fascists alongside communists, yet conservatives think 1984 is about "liberals" rather than just the unavoidable corruption of societal power by a ruling class in a new age of subjugation... because Orwell just hated the powers that be.

Hell no! The drop scene, with the orchestra score.

It's a pinko, tree hugging movie compared to the novel. Did I just see a female Mobile Infantry in that clip?
I don't think that. Conservatives love war movies but it is like they don't actual follow the plot. Most war movies are anti-war. Even then, no conservative would admit that FDR and Truman kicked the shit out of the Nazis and Japan or that Johnson escalated Vietnam.
Well, you're right but the effect is usually the opposite. You have a movie like Apocalypse Now. It's a retelling of Heart of Darkness, which was itself a critique of the exploitation of the Congo with all its subtleties, but you have such colorful warmongering characters that it becomes almost a glorification of war.
Willard initial monologue about how he wants to be in the jungle, how he is becoming soft while Charlie gets stronger. In the end while he doesn't fall into madness as Kurtz did, he doesn't show any sign of wanting to go back home, or to end the war.
That movie is crazy. The second is even better. It was supposed to criticize police brutallity, and it kinda became a cult film in Brazil

How in the hell the Dark Knight aint great? It has the best acting of the last 30 years (Heath) and the plot is just sublime. It doesnt feel like a comic book movie, like watchmen or the joker
Same as above, the effect is usually the opposite. Watchmen also has a great conservative anti-hero, Rorschach, who is somewhat proved right in the end.

About the thread, anything by Mel Gibson or Clint Eastwood. His The Passion of Christ comes straight from the middle ages, he even kept the part about the Jewish blood curse from Matthew 27:24-25.

Spoilers, but "Cabin in the woods" is the most conservative movie ever.

The moral of the story is that we must continue millennia old traditions, however distasteful, or the world will literally be destroyed.

It was a (albiet extreme) conservative government in V for Vendetta.
<TrumpWrong1> Conservatives are the champions for personal liberties, freedom of speech, etc. Meanwhile, liberals want to censor everyone and send dissenters to re-education centers.

Last edited:
<TrumpWrong1> Conservatives are the champions for personally liberties, freedom of speech, etc. Meanwhile, liberals want to censor everyone and send dissenters to re-education centers.

What a boring parroting of brazen revisionist history.

Also, did nobody mention "Shane" ?

this is the funniest thread on sherdog. Nothing else is even close. Lord of the Rings? Falling Down? V for Vendetta?

<{cruzshake}>

<TrumpWrong1> Conservatives are the champions for personally liberties, freedom of speech, etc. Meanwhile, liberals want to censor everyone and send dissenters to re-education centers.

No they are not, they have never been that, they just want to ban different shit. You just like a different flavor of boot stomping on people's heads than the current far left one.

And Orwell literally fought fascists alongside communists, yet conservatives think 1984 is about "liberals" rather than just the unavoidable corruption of societal power by a ruling class in a new age of subjugation... because Orwell just hated the powers that be.

One of the things that comes through in this thread is that conservatives don't really understand conservatism.

I think if people had a better understanding of reality but the same values, we'd see a lot of flipping.

No they are not, they have never been that, they just want to ban different shit. You just like a different flavor of boot stomping on people's heads than the current far left one.
AOC recently called for deprogramming Trump supporters. Can you point to an equivalent example on the right?

this is the funniest thread on sherdog. Nothing else is even close. Lord of the Rings? Falling Down? V for Vendetta?

<{cruzshake}>
Actually I think Lord of the Rings could work if you view it as anti-Nietzsche. It's not exactly relevant to modern conservatives, but I think it definitely works by definition.

Last edited:
Wasn't the whole movie showing how capitalistlism could transform into fascism? Hence the nazi like uniform.
I don't think it's about capitalism, just facism. It's an interesting adaptation because the book is a pretty legit science fiction that's played super serious. They went a completely different direction for the movie and as cheesy as it is, it does what it intends to do very well. A satire that becomes increasingly relevant with time.

<{cruzshake}>
Lord of the Rings is definitely very reactionary, but it is fantasy. An actual very right wing movie is the Incredibles.

An actual very right wing movie is the Incredibles.

Disagree with that (and it pisses Bird off). I think that's one that started with leftists being a little cheeky and then people taking it seriously.

Back