Recent fights/results/news from Japan II

Chatri could be replacing Akimoto with Noiri as revenge for not taking that weird mixed rules fight they offered him.

Something is happening in Romania. First they bring Glory to inspect the facilities in Galați, now the Golden Fighter Championship announces K-1. If there isn't a Glory-K1 co-event then I guess it's just K-1?! With the GFC behind.

This being in June

k1.jpg

Can't find the fight but Kaito avenged his loss to Petchmorakot.

He will be in K-1 MAX wid card I guess. I can't say who will win between him and Ouyang Feng. Kaito has a better resume, but things easier for him when he was a 5'11 fighting 65 kgers and now he's at 70 kg fighting appropriately sized. Clearly he's awkward when fighting guys similar size like Stoyan and against taller like Beztati he lost completely.

Can't find the fight but Kaito avenged his loss to Petchmorakot.

He will be in K-1 MAX wid card I guess. I can't say who will win between him and Ouyang Feng. Kaito has a better resume, but things easier for him when he was a 5'11 fighting 65 kgers and now he's at 70 kg fighting appropriately sized. Clearly he's awkward when fighting guys similar size like Stoyan and against taller like Beztati he lost completely.

Is Petchmorakot gonna keep fighting in Kickboxing, I thought he retired all together or was it just in Muay Thai?

Suprised he lost to Kaito tbh, Kaito looked like a stranded fish vs Beztati
Shootboxing rules is close to muay thai. I saw the first fight. It was very boring. Kaito did little and Petchmorakot beat him easy with clinch knees.
2nd fight I heard that both cut each other with elbows, then they both gassed out, and then Kaito was more active in later rounds (it was a 5 rounder).
Kaito is a weird style. Tall and lanky, but prefers to combo in pocket. That's why he did well in featherweight because guys were forced to close distance. At light weight without size advantage he actually has to figure out entries.

Shootboxing rules is close to muay thai. I saw the first fight. It was very boring. Kaito did little and Petchmorakot beat him easy with clinch knees.
2nd fight I heard that both cut each other with elbows, then they both gassed out, and then Kaito was more active in later rounds (it was a 5 rounder).
Kaito is a weird style. Tall and lanky, but prefers to combo in pocket. That's why he did well in featherweight because guys were forced to close distance. At light weight without size advantage he actually has to figure out entries.
Remember Takaaki Umeno? Huge lanky 70kg Shootboxer who also brawled in the pocket. Had some mad fights then disappeared.
Wish we saw more standing submission attempts in this generation of ShootBoxing.

K-1 press conference this Friday. Announcing wild card I guess. I heard rumors it's Buakaw, but they're also searching for Japanese guy to sell tickets. After Noiri and Takeru left K-1 have no stars to sell in Japan.

This guy called Panuwat won a 4 man tournament in RISe event recently. Looks good. I never heard of him before.

Wild card was not announced. Wtf are these K-1 managers doing lmao

Flyweight now included in "MAX." This is a weird way of doing things. Tournament will still be 8 man, but the MAX event host eliminator round. Then in later event, they will have a 4 man tournament. Seems like bad idea to me, why not do a 16 man eliminator, or grow some balls and do two 8 man tournaments in one event.

Hypothetical fighters that people seem to think are in it: Akram Hamidi, Kompetch, Luca Cecchetti (even though he lost in K-1 before), Wang Junguang
maybe they can bring that chinese bum Kaneko fought last Dec

Back