Recent fights/results/news from ONE Championship

ONE should keep Rodtang free around that time, and make sure he trains wrapped in cotton wool, that way if either guy gets injured and pulls out we'd be getting Haggerty vs Rodtang 3, or Superlek vs Rodtang 2.
Great fight, and great idea

Don't be surprised if it's in September to give Haggerty time to try out mma in the months between. Announcing it this far out softens any backlash ONE would get if they announced Haggerty's mma debut in the next few weeks.

This Friday Fights card with Superbon vs Marat next week is actually stacked. Best ONE event in a while. It seems their numbered/"important" events are the worse ones. That's a weird way of doing things but alright ONE i'm fine with them giving away their best fights for free

This Friday Fights card with Superbon vs Marat next week is actually stacked. Best ONE event in a while. It seems their numbered/"important" events are the worse ones. That's a weird way of doing things but alright ONE i'm fine with them giving away their best fights for free
the best card of the year for them till now. I wouldn’t be surprised if they turn that in a ppv at the last moment.

Good call bro, I just checked out the full card.

Here is it for anyone interested: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2024_in_ONE_Championship#ONE_Friday_Fights_58

Essentially every fight is awesome.

Also just found out Fabio Reis is fighting Soe Lin Oo tomorrow. Super power vs super chin, I cant imagine this being anything other than nuts.

Also just found out Fabio Reis is fighting Soe Lin Oo tomorrow. Super power vs super chin, I cant imagine this being anything other than nuts.
Yeah saw that. Thought it should be a great fight.
I was actually watching some of fabio reis's older fights the other day. Like when he lost to suablack etc. He wasn't always as powerfull as he is now.

Also just re-watched superlek vs panpayak 2.
Where is Panpayak these days?
Such a waste of a really top fighter. He hasn't fought for the past year and a half. Wasting his prime. He is only 28. You think they could at least put him as a headline on a friday night fights card.

I was rewatching some of Haggerty’s fights and I have to say that I am not really a big fan of the Haggerty post Rodtang. Too much bouncing around and I think he looked great only in the Nong O fight. Something to take in consideration is that probabily the Superlek fight will take place in a cage.

The crazy thing is Soe Lin Oo is only 32 so he could actually go on a pretty crazy run here. His skillset is an absolute nightmare to deal with in ONE's format. Also I kinda stopped following Letwei when the Lekka Moun channel stopped posting fights but looking at his record since then he has a headbutt KO of Pakorn and a TKO of Sorgraw who is 2 weight classes bigger than him and a Lumpinee champion.

The funny thing is I have seen him look really basic against good but not great Thais who just keep him at range and have the cardio to not gas from the crazy pace, but nobody in ONE is going to do that because they want the KO bonus. I'd give him a good chance of beating anyone not named Superlek or Carillo.

Also ONE staff if you are reading this please sign Phyan Thway.

Probabily One will return in Japan in October with One 169 and I was thinking that if they sign Masaaki Noiri it would be great to have him on that card, I don’t think Takeru will be ready for october.

nn61AYcce-ryENZmxrdwT1iol6AiImI23LLypI7i7JiyV3u2l3AKJY6aXBJ-l0E9_xWxmBugTqOuYg=s800-nd-v1

Back