Recent fights/results/news from ONE Championship

Why though? They should be giving Andy easier opponents and Marat should be facing tougher ones. I'm a huge Souwer fan but lets be real he's been out of his prime for 10 years. Stylistically this is enticing I just don't want to see Marat lay Andy out.

Are all ONE events in a Cage?

All have small gloves?

Do their kickboxing rules allow elbows, unlimited clinching and knees? What about trips?
No, they use a ring sometimes. No, the Kickboxing rules use larger gloves. No, that isn't Kickboxing, that's Muay Thai, which they do have as a separate rule set. All of their Muay Thai fights have the small gloves.

No, they use a ring sometimes. No, the Kickboxing rules use larger gloves. No, that isn't Kickboxing, that's Muay Thai, which they do have as a separate rule set. All of their Muay Thai fights have the small gloves.

Id love to see the UFC one day adopt the weight cutting elimination rules, and weight classes only that LHW cap be 235lbs and HW cap be 300lbs

And for knees to head and 12 to 6 elbowa and upkicks

And for a kickboxing division

Id love to see the UFC one day adopt the weight cutting elimination rules, and weight classes only that LHW cap be 235lbs and HW cap be 300lbs

And for knees to head and 12 to 6 elbowa and upkicks

And for a kickboxing division

None of that will ever happen, well maybe a cruiserweight division at about 220 but that's it. The rest will never happen.

Why though? They should be giving Andy easier opponents and Marat should be facing tougher ones. I'm a huge Souwer fan but lets be real he's been out of his prime for 10 years. Stylistically this is enticing I just don't want to see Marat lay Andy out.

I'll watch but i completely agree. I know covid is stopping certain fights but Kehl just got a win... make Marat vs Kehl if nothing else.

None of that will ever happen, well maybe a cruiserweight division at about 220 but that's it. The rest will never happen.

I disagree I think all those minus the kickboxing division are inevitable

I disagree I think all those minus the kickboxing division are inevitable

There's literally zero chance a US based mma org would be allowed to use 12-6 elbows and knees to the head of grounded opponent. It's not going to happen sorry.

Ufc had a hard enough time getting permission to do what they do now...

There's literally zero chance a US based mma org would be allowed to use 12-6 elbows and knees to the head of grounded opponent. It's not going to happen sorry.

Money talks.....

You are acting like athletic commission people are not corrupted and actually have principles

The UFC is in a situation where "If it's not broke don't fix it", there is no need for them to fight for knees to grounded and 12-6 elbows to satisfy a very small fight nerd demographic. They don't need it, and they would have to get every state athletic commission on board to do it, which they wont. They can't even get consistent rules amongst commissions in regards to what defines a grounded opponent as is.

You are acting like athletic commission people are not corrupted and actually have principles

I was gonna reply but Snub covered it. If you don't agree that's fine but it isn't gonna happen. Go start a thread in the ufc section if you disagree.

Here we go boys! Haven't been this excited for a KB/MT fight in a long time.

Fight could of gone either way. I agree at this level the fights need to be more rounds but Sittichai seemed to be doing better as the fight went on so maybe its good it was only 3 rounds because I like both and tawanchai losing this way isn't as much of a big deal since he's smaller. Would hate to see him get KO'ed like he did in China.

Like many have said, those kind of fights should be 5 rounds especially in MT rules. Other than that it was an interesting fight but the fight only started to get interesting in round 3.

Random question but are there any coming events/fights to keep an eye on in the coming weeks? I haven't really followed MT/KB lately. Can be outside of ONE as well...

Random question but are there any coming events/fights to keep an eye on in the coming weeks? I haven't really followed MT/KB lately. Can be outside of ONE as well...
Well, according to Tayfun Ozcan, ONE Championship is coming with a lightweight grandprix this year. Should be fun!

Back