Recent UFC Signee Julia Polastri Sells Truffles to Help Make Ends Meet

Should fighters be paid like they work for a multi billion dollar company?

• Total voters

Kowboy On Sherdog

Once Upon a Time in The UFC
Staff member
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score
upload_2023-9-26_17-59-9.png

Julia Polastri is intent on making her mark in the mixed martial arts world.

Hailing from the Gramacho neighborhood in the municipality of Duque de Caxias, in the state of Rio de Janeiro, Polastri has not only captured titles in significant national events but has also become the latest signing for the UFC through Dana White's Contender Series, fulfilling a dream that has been rooted in her heart since the beginning of her career.

Polastri's journey is marked by determination, sacrifice and a passion for MMA. She started her career in muay thai and quickly transitioned to MMA with a clear goal: to fight in the UFC, the largest MMA organization in the world. Over the years, Polastri worked tirelessly to achieve her dream.

Today, Polastri boasts an impressive record of 12-3 in her MMA career. One of those losses occurred in her first appearance on the Contender Series, but she didn't let it deter her. Polastri continued to train diligently, and after three consecutive wins, including winning the belt for Legacy Fighting Alliance, she received the long-awaited call from Dana White.

However, the path to the UFC was not easy for Polastri. She faced the challenges of being a high-performance athlete in Brazil, where the costs associated with training and maintaining her career are high. That's when Polastri had a unique idea to supplement her income: selling truffles on the trains in Rio de Janeiro.

Every Saturday, Polastri starts her day early on the Saracuruna line, carrying truffles made by her coach and boyfriend, Douglas Bastos. The sale of truffles has become a crucial source of financial support for the fighter, allowing her to maintain her independence and focus on her MMA career.

"Today, I can sustain my life with truffles — rent, electricity, and water,” she said. “We split between the truffles and the money the gym makes from classes, and thankfully, it's what has been supporting us and, most importantly, funding an athlete's life without lacking anything for me.”

Continue Reading
https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/R...-Sells-Truffles-to-Help-Make-Ends-Meet-191194

She should consider driving Ubers

I know a guy who made over $3k in a week driving Ubers

View attachment 1003764

Julia Polastri is intent on making her mark in the mixed martial arts world.

Hailing from the Gramacho neighborhood in the municipality of Duque de Caxias, in the state of Rio de Janeiro, Polastri has not only captured titles in significant national events but has also become the latest signing for the UFC through Dana White's Contender Series, fulfilling a dream that has been rooted in her heart since the beginning of her career.

Polastri's journey is marked by determination, sacrifice and a passion for MMA. She started her career in muay thai and quickly transitioned to MMA with a clear goal: to fight in the UFC, the largest MMA organization in the world. Over the years, Polastri worked tirelessly to achieve her dream.

Today, Polastri boasts an impressive record of 12-3 in her MMA career. One of those losses occurred in her first appearance on the Contender Series, but she didn't let it deter her. Polastri continued to train diligently, and after three consecutive wins, including winning the belt for Legacy Fighting Alliance, she received the long-awaited call from Dana White.

However, the path to the UFC was not easy for Polastri. She faced the challenges of being a high-performance athlete in Brazil, where the costs associated with training and maintaining her career are high. That's when Polastri had a unique idea to supplement her income: selling truffles on the trains in Rio de Janeiro.

Every Saturday, Polastri starts her day early on the Saracuruna line, carrying truffles made by her coach and boyfriend, Douglas Bastos. The sale of truffles has become a crucial source of financial support for the fighter, allowing her to maintain her independence and focus on her MMA career.

"Today, I can sustain my life with truffles — rent, electricity, and water,” she said. “We split between the truffles and the money the gym makes from classes, and thankfully, it's what has been supporting us and, most importantly, funding an athlete's life without lacking anything for me.”

Continue Reading
https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/R...-Sells-Truffles-to-Help-Make-Ends-Meet-191194

Her hands look like this

Oregon-winter-white-truffles_opt.jpg

So his driveway can look like this

snow.jpg

they should 100% be better compensated, but also they should understand that a small minority of fighters actually get paid well in MMA in general, and that marketing and marketability is everything

I'm all for the "Dana is greedy" angle, but you can hardly blame the UFC at this point. She's a recent signee, meaning she hasn't fought an official UFC fight yet. She's poor because she just made it to the big show, not because Dana is greedy. Some of you are just reaching here.

If you call the Pink Goof out for this shit, then it waters down the stuff where he's really being a cheap fuck.

I'm all for the "Dana is greedy" angle, but you can hardly blame the UFC at this point. She's a recent signee, meaning she hasn't fought an official UFC fight yet. She's poor because she just made it to the big show, not because Dana is greedy. Some of you are just reaching here.

If you call the Pink Goof out for this shit, then it waters down the stuff where he's really being a cheap fuck.

These cockroaches could at least wait until she fights for $14k/14k before bitching.

Considering this is first time I have ever seen this person's name I would imagine she's not making a lot of money.

Back