Recommend me some oldies.

I think that this is the best version that Roy Orbison released. The re-recordings had a tad faster tempo, but I think that this is perfect for the lyrics.

From the guy who gave us "Eight Miles High", What a song writer. The Americana Bob Dylan. Check out these lyrics.

can't watch mamas/papas without thinking about how john phillips raped his daughter mackenzie.
fucking POS incest pedo.
it forever ruined my interest in the band

Same with MIchael Jackson and Bill Cosby.... don't even want them referenced anymore.

Same with MIchael Jackson and Bill Cosby.... don't even want them referenced anymore.

That's too bad. You're robbing yourself of great entertainment. I separate the 2. Not one thing they did, as horrible as it may be is going to stop me from enjoying what I've always enjoyed. Same with boxers. Some of my favorite boxers weren't the greatest guys in the world.

I respect your choice however.

That's too bad. You're robbing yourself of great entertainment. I separate the 2. Not one thing they did, as horrible as it may be is going to stop me from enjoying what I've always enjoyed. Same with boxers. Some of my favorite boxers weren't the greatest guys in the world.

I respect your choice however.

I respect yours too but I think you are wrong in it. We just cant support pedophiles and rapists no matter how talented they are. Even having to say this to people is frustrating. Decent people ought to boycott them entirely.

Entertainment is not important enough to justify putting degenerate criminals in a place of public spectacle. I cant see any way that this is not deeply selfish and ignorant.

Last edited by a moderator:
I respect yours too but I think you are wrong in it. We just cant support pedophiles and rapists no matter how talented they are. Decent people ought to boycott them entirely.

My entertainment is not important enough to justify putting degenerate criminals on a place of public spectacle. I cant see any way that this is not deeply selfish and ignorant.

It's not about me supporting pedophiles at all. I dont support them or frankly give a shit about them. That's their life and choices and what will be will be.

It's a matter of me finding it impossible to unlike this song and that song, that I've loved all my life and has such heart felt meaning for me, and how I applied it to my life . The actual author is irrelevant to me. Yeh the guy is a pos, no doubt. Just not going to stop me from enjoying the song. It's just dissacociated things for me.

It's not about me supporting pedophiles at all. I dont support them or frankly give a shit about them. That's their life and choices and what will be will be.

It's a matter of me finding it impossible to unlike this song and that song, that I've loved all my life and has such heart felt meaning for me, and how I applied it to my life . The actual author is irrelevant to me. Yeh the guy is a pos, no doubt. Just not going to stop me from enjoying the song. It's just dissacociated things for me.

Well I think your position is indefensible. These people get away with these things because they are famous and powerful. No one should give them any of that.

It is not a matter of un-liking a song. Of course you cannot unlike it. The point is that it does not matter that you like the song. There are more important things in life than you being entertained.

Well I think your position is indefensible. These people get away with these things because they are famous and powerful. No one should give them any of that.

It is not a matter of un-liking a song. Of course you cannot unlike it. The point is that it does not matter that you like the song. There are more important things in life than you being entertained.

But can I not support the actions of the author, yet like the song at the same time?

Back