Regis Prograis, Lou DiBella File Lawsuit: Withdraw From WBSS

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
“Prograis and DBE further informed Comosa that Prograis is withdrawing from the WBSS, effective immediately.”

With the withdrawal, Prograis also walks away from a potential $2 million payday had he defeated Scotland’s Taylor (15-0, 12KOs) in the finals.

Of course, a payday is a lot nicer when the money is guaranteed. At no point in the second season of the WBSS tournament has that been the case.

The complaint indicates that “plaintiffs bring this action to resolve the justiciable issue of Prograis’ status as a WBSS participant. Specifically, Plaintiffs seek a declaration that Comosa’s conduct, in not entering into a new escrow agreement on substantially similar terms as the original Escrow Agreement, violates the material terms of the Escrow Agreement with DBE and Prograis and the parties bargain for Prograis’ continued participation in the WBSS.

https://www.boxingscene.com/regis-prograis-lou-dibella-file-lawsuit-withdraw-from-wbss--141576

This is crap. Was really looking forward to this one.

Yet more bad news for DAZN on the boxing front. I think they signed a 3 year deal to show this tournament and it looks like it’s dead already.

FFS.

What about the cruiser & bantam tournies?

Damn shame. Think Taylor beats him anyway. Hope they can still make the fight at some point

Great tourney when the favorite to win it all drops out before the final. :(

Great tourney when the favorite to win it all drops out before the final. :(
tenor.gif

Could have been FOTY candidate and the most meaningful JWW fight in a long time. It's a real shame.

I’m sure they’ll come to some agreement to save the fight, but I can’t see fighters wanting to get involved with the tournament going forward. Unless maybe they deal with the really light weight divisions.

Jose Carlos Ramirez rules that division and it's not even close. Sad that he's not getting the most recognition.

Same as Berchelt at super feather. People talking about Tank more than him is completely laughable. He's far more proven.

Jose Carlos Ramirez rules that division and it's not even close. Sad that he's not getting the most recognition.

Same as Berchelt at super feather. People talking about Tank more than him is completely laughable. He's far more proven.
nah I wouldn't go that far.

Ramirez is good but I'd say both Taylor and Prograis have beaten better opponents, or at least comparable competition. Taylor beat Postol and Baranchyk which IMO is better than Hooker and Orozco. Prograis beat the shit out of Relikh and Indongo which I'd argue is probably at least as good.

Mikey Garcia is also coming back, so we'd have to see where he fits into the 140 picture.

Back