News Reinier de Ridder vs Anatoly Malykhin 2 for the Middleweight title is set for ONE 166, March 1

Who wins this rematch at 205lbs?

• Total voters
Reiner getting stomped into oblivion. Aside Francis that russian guy is the only global elite at HW, he got that stoic killer instinct. He looked like a deer in headlights the first fight. Big balls to go for the rematch. Toughest fight he could pick. I will watch.
Malykhin looks good but he has never fought a decent HW. I’m sorry but beating Arjan Bhullar doesn’t make you a “global elite”

Malykhin looks good but he has never fought a decent HW. I’m sorry but beating Arjan Bhullar doesn’t make you a “global elite”

I meant Global elite outside the UFC.

Who can he fight there. It's not his fault One doesn't have studs. Arjan as champ is a joke, Vera too.

But did you see Malxykhins performances and how do you interpret them ? Eye test, skills.

Last edited:
They dont have depth but this is more about them wanting Malykhin to be first triple champ in major org.
Chatri is obsessed with belts, creating them even for divisions that don’t make sense or just creating them so their newest hype job can collect empty trophies

Who can he fight there. It's not his fault once doesn't have studs. Arjan as champ is a joke, Verat too.

But did you see Malxykhins performances and how do you interpret them ? Eye test, skills.
It’s not his fault that ONE has zero interest or material means to actually build decent divisions but for as long as he is in ONE, he’s a good looking talent against extremely mediocre competition

It’s not his fault that ONE has zero interest or material means to actually build decent divisions but for as long as he is in ONE, he’s a good looking talent against extremely mediocre competition

Reiner, what is his competition like, 17-0 vs pro competiton smells good. Antaly Ruski walked trough him. I'm going of what I see, and Antolyev looked really good. He's short, aside that he got everything. I'd easily pick him to be top 10 in the UFC. Bejamin Curry is sub par for any title or top 5 ranking, but Antolyiev Ruska walked trough him, gave him no chance. Russian guy is very legit. Skills, mentally, phisicality, all look very legit. Only he's short for HW.

Last edited:
Reiner, what is his competition like, 17-0 vs pro competiton smells good. Antaly Ruski walked trough him. I'm going of what I see, and Antolyev looked really good. He's short, aside that he got everything. I'd easily pick him to be top 10 in the UFC. Bejamin Curry is sub par for any title or top 5 ranking, but Antolyiev Ruska walked trough him, gave him no chance. Russian guy is very legit. Skills, mentally, phisicallt, all look very legit. Only he's short for HW.
I think Anatoly is top 10 in the UFC but that’s a super low bar, Derrick Lewis is still top 10 somehow.

In the same breath I rate Bader as a top 10 as well, along with Linton Vassell

Better then being top 10 on sherdog
I think Anatoly is top 10 in the UFC but that’s a super low bar, Derrick Lewis is still top 10 somehow.

In the same breath I rate Bader as a top 10 as well, along with Linton Vassell

How much does Anatoly Malykhin weight when he fights at heavyweight?

Should be an interesting test of when weight classes start to make a difference. RDR was obviously a 205 champ because there was no real 205ers in ONE.

i hope the russian wins. reiner has spoiled a lot of things IMO for ONE. not that he is a bad fighter.

Who can he fight there. It's not his fault once doesn't have studs. Arjan as champ is a joke, Verat too.

Evgeny Goncharov and Kirill Kornilov would give him tough fights outside the UFC.

This fight stinks and is just burying RDR. He got obliterated the first time and even if the weight cut affects him he got RDR out of there in no time last time.

Reiner, what is his competition like, 17-0 vs pro competiton smells good. Antaly Ruski walked trough him. I'm going of what I see, and Antolyev looked really good. He's short, aside that he got everything. I'd easily pick him to be top 10 in the UFC. Bejamin Curry is sub par for any title or top 5 ranking, but Antolyiev Ruska walked trough him, gave him no chance. Russian guy is very legit. Skills, mentally, phisicality, all look very legit. Only he's short for HW.
Reiner is a one dimensional non-HW though, it was a great matchup for Anatoly.

He looks good but it's true that he's not going to have any compelling matchup for as long as he stays in ONE.

Is this a joke? Didn’t RDR get completely destroyed in the last fight? Wtf is happening.

RDR was victim to the beatdown of the year, so I understand why he'd want no parts of Malykin, BUT what is he going to do if the man steps into his weight class? There is no option to avoid--it would be a blatant duck and inexcusable in the fight game.

There is a small chance that the weight cut will adversely affect Malykin but I'm not sure what ONE's drug-testing policies are and something tells me he will be just fine. Which spells disaster for RDR.

There is some precedent for his pathway to victory though: AJ McKee washed a Pitbull in one weight class and then lost a decision rematching him in another weight class

RDR was victim to the beatdown of the year, so I understand why he'd want no parts of Malykin, BUT what is he going to do if the man steps into his weight class? There is no option to avoid--it would be a blatant duck and inexcusable in the fight game.
Reinier asked for this specific matchup himself, he’s been talking about wanting to get that one back against Malykhin for months in Dutch media, and now he finally gets it.
Badass move after that brutal knockout-loss if you ask me. I’m not sure if it’s a smart move though (considering he wants to leave the organization for something bigger, but that’s not gonna happen if RDR is riding a 2 fight losing-streak).
Time will tell I guess..

Badass move for sure. This attitude reminds me of Errol Spence, who wants to have the Crawford rematch. Honestly, I can't see how things change for the losing fighter here.

@BoxerMaurits You've trained with him, what would you say is his pathway to victory here?

Malykhin will become the first 3-division champion in MMA.
And undefeated.

<mma4>

Malykhin should win easily can't see how this rematch will look any different.

I don't see this going too well for RDR but I'd love to see him prove me wrong

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back