RELEVE

StonedLemur

Chief of Sherbro Island
@plutonium
Reaction score
She glides across the floor with what seems like no effort at all in releve, she seems like she could plié all day leaving everything in her wake...the floor shakes.

She gets in fifth position waiting for the lift, the lift of her spirit arrives in the hands of another.
It comes with the utmost trust, with a single thrust...into the heavens she goes, back down to her toes.

She is as graceful as she is beautiful, and it all feels like a dream...to me.
She is never out of place, confidence on her face....she owns the space, and nobody can touch it.

The work is real and she has put her body through more than anyone will know or believe....she has tricks up her sleeve.
She glows, and goes...she never stops...her toes look like they barely hit the ground.

The pounding they take would make grown men break, and she is definitely a butterfly...a butterfly that has flown war missions.

You never see what's under her as she does an arabesque.
Her toe shoes tied like a beautifully wrapped gift, yet they cover all the pain of thousands of hours to reach perfection...she is a wonderful thing, as her movements sing.

Her pain is real, it's physical and emotional and mental...yet she turns on when the time comes, without fail.
She's amazing in every way possible, and I for one stand to applaud.

~SL

cdec3a7ba482be3c5836ae85f5907e7d.jpg

Why you gotta make me whip out the dictionary man?! There are so many new words over here, good writing though.

Back