Elections Republican house: no border deal till trump or republican president

How you looked a map? lol... New Mexico's border with Mexico is like 1/10 of Texas's... lol. California's is like a quarter or less. Nevermind, you're Canadian correct?

And the border is run Federally, not by the State. So no... Texas isn't inept, Border Patrol is.

But Texas is trying to jump in to help with border security and the Biden Admin keeps suing to stop Texas.

Oh..... As far as Arizona

Border woes: Arizona port of entry closed amid migrant surge​

Holy hell... Are you even paying attention?
Yes.i am Canadian. I realize Texas has a large border. And that borders are federal.

I think Republicans are making it very clear that either they don't actually believe there's an issue at the border or they care more about using the issue for politics than fixing it. I'd love to see an alternate explanation.

Fucktard...

Its Democrat Mayors at the border begging for help

lol... But what do I know?

It's the same people who root for the economy to fail. Partisan hacks, the lot of em.

I would say "rooting" for the economy to fail is distasteful but not a huge problem. But actively supporting measures that would cause it to is a problem. And that's sort of the situation with immigration (or policing, for that matter). In the aftermath of the GFC, Republicans opposed fiscal stimulus, citing the insane theory that short-term deficits were an existential threat to the country so even legislation that traded long-term debt reduction for short-term stimulus was unacceptable *and* they also supported *monetary tightening* (with Perry infamously threatening violence against Bernanke for not raising rates even though inflation was super low and unemployment was very high). That was actually acting (ineffectively in the case of monetary pressure campaigns, effectively in the case of blocking fiscal stimulus) to hurt the economy in order to help their partisan fortunes. And we saw that as soon as Trump took office, Republicans supported fiscal stimulus (and Trump pressured the Fed for more monetary stimulus) that also increased long-term debts.

Yes.i am Canadian. I realize Texas has a large border. And that borders are federal.

lol.. Sorry bro.

I have a couple of friends with ranchland down there.

They've found bodies of people crossed in remote areas and got lost or just ran out of water.

Sad situation all around.

In some places there's just miles and miles of unmonitored border. But the downside is that you can be a fifty miles plus from any roads or facilities too.

With the current Admin. Border crossers just sit and wait once they've made it in. Border Patrol just picks them up for processing and they're let in.

Since the Biden Admin doesn't send anyone back, they just keep coming.

I think Mayorakas said there's a backlog of 3 million waiting to get processed.

So they just dump them off to wait until their hearing. If they even show up. These border towns get flooded and overwhelmed.

That's why Texas and the Feds are sending these immigrants off to other cities. Can't expect the border towns to just let them hang out indefinitely.

Politics today is just mutually assured destruction on every stupid little thing. Voters are the ones taking the brunt of it
We're pawns in the game of obtaining and keeping power.
I would say "rooting" for the economy to fail is distasteful but not a huge problem. But actively supporting measures that would cause it to is a problem. And that's sort of the situation with immigration (or policing, for that matter). In the aftermath of the GFC, Republicans opposed fiscal stimulus, citing the insane theory that short-term deficits were an existential threat to the country so even legislation that traded long-term debt reduction for short-term stimulus was unacceptable *and* they also supported *monetary tightening* (with Perry infamously threatening violence against Bernanke for not raising rates even though inflation was super low and unemployment was very high). That was actually acting (ineffectively in the case of monetary pressure campaigns, effectively in the case of blocking fiscal stimulus) to hurt the economy in order to help their partisan fortunes. And we saw that as soon as Trump took office, Republicans supported fiscal stimulus (and Trump pressured the Fed for more monetary stimulus) that also increased long-term debts.
Good examples. Also the annual debt ceiling battles, which I believe have damaged our credit rating and can cause all kinds of suffering for citizens, but only happen when a democrat is president.

lol.. Sorry bro.

I have a couple of friends with ranchland down there.

They've found bodies of people crossed in remote areas and got lost or just ran out of water.

Sad situation all around.

In some places there's just miles and miles of unmonitored border. But the downside is that you can be a fifty miles plus from any roads or facilities too.

With the current Admin. Border crossers just sit and wait once they've made it in. Border Patrol just picks them up for processing and they're let in.

Since the Biden Admin doesn't send anyone back, they just keep coming.

I think Mayorakas said there's a backlog of 3 million waiting to get processed.

So they just dump them off to wait until their hearing. If they even show up. These border towns get flooded and overwhelmed.

That's why Texas and the Feds are sending these immigrants off to other cities. Can't expect the border towns to just let them hang out indefinitely.

You are such a disgusting xenophobic liar.

That's the f*ckin CATO institute. And I hate citing Libertarians.

Meanwhile here are your precious f*ckin Republicans suing to block deportation guidelines that would prioritize those who pose the greatest public safety risk and here's their reasoning:

"In their Supreme Court filing, Texas and Louisiana argued that the administration's guidance violates federal law that requires the detention of people who are in the U.S. illegally and who have been convicted of serious crimes. The states said they would face added costs of having to detain people the federal government might allow to remain free inside the United States, despite their criminal records."

All you xenophobes are doing is giving these d*ckheads who dont want to pay to detain convicted felons their social media clicks.

just like most other issues, republicans are all about crying about the border but they have no intentions to ever do anything to help secure the border. sure 8 years ago they talked a big game about building a wall which mexico would pay for just so they could secure some votes come election day, but all that was just a grift to help win their elections and line their own pockets. go ask steve bannon and he'll tell you all about it.

as usual, they would rather just sit on their hands and cry about a bunch of problems, blaming the issue solely on the democrats in charge, but every time they are given the opportunity to act on the issues they are apparently so outraged over, they refuse to lift a finger to do anything about it or even try to resolve the issues they are always screeching about. they'd rather just do nothing and cook up some cockadoodle excuse for them deciding to do nothing at all as they continue blaming away their problems on everybody else.

rVaIqhZ.png
Yeah same with mental healthcare after a shooting. The voters all say that’s the real problem and not the guns but then they get a handful out of a couple hundred to vote in favor. I don’t understand how their voter base doesn’t care about this. I guess trans people are scary so anything goes

Republicans want cheap labor. They don’t care much, they live in nice gated communities.

LOL @ Liberals pretending to care about border security all of a sudden.

"Oh' shit, we're getting destroyed on our immigration policies. It's starting to even affect our voters. Oh' please help us out in an election year, Republicans! We totally won't do everything in our power to hamper border security for another four years if we win. Swearsies."

Yeah, good luck with that.

What do you think he is honestly? He’s certainly no progressive. He’s always been center left liberal but nowadays he’s shifted to the right

On his old show, he was more of a right-leaning libertarian (and, BTW, helped launch Kellyanne Fitzpatrick/Conway, Ann Coulter, and Laura Ingraham). He moved left a bit in the Bush years, and now he's kind of got the anti-woke brainworm messing with him, but he's still a kind of left-leaning libertarian.

Republicans want cheap labor. They don’t care much, they live in nice gated communities.
you say this as if it were only republicans wanting cheap labor, but actions speak louder than words. Democrats are against E-Verify, which would cripple illegal aliens working, and they're the ones that came up with the idea.....

Democrats want cheap votes, they want to replace current americans, they want cheap labor.

you say this as if it were only republicans wanting cheap labor, but actions speak louder than words. Democrats are against E-Verify, which would cripple illegal aliens working, and they're the ones that came up with the idea.....

Democrats want cheap votes, they want to replace current americans, they want cheap labor.
I’m only including Republicans because they are seen as the tough on immigration party. There’s no need to bring up the democrats since people across the country complain about them on this issue

How in the fuck has Bill Mahar shifted to the right? Believes in biology n' shit?

he believes in biology, free speech and is calling out the insanity of the woke left, and worst of all, he's white.

Bill Maher has always been a true liberal, a classical liberal in every sense of the word. I do think he's obsessed with Trump but he's been consistent since the days of Politcally Incorrect.

Back