Elections Republicans in disarray(with new disarray!)

Oh, jeez. That's stupid. It's one thing to rightly think that Trump was a shitty president. It's another to actively try to stay in office after losing, file a bunch of bullshit suits, incite a riot in the Capitol, etc. If you're telling me you don't see a difference between criticizing the president and doing all that stuff, you're either an idiot or a liar. Also, what do you think of McCarthy's plan to try to create a debt-ceiling crisis in order to force cuts to Social Security and healthcare that he wouldn't have the votes? How does that compare to Jeffries' agenda?

I asked a very specific question and pointed out the very real actions of Jefferies; don't go changing the subject.

i think theyre gonna do a 2nd vote today. and still fail. and then theyll try again....and again....and again...and again. all because of a bunch of maga trash who wont fall in line and would rather hold their party hostage, and if they put a maga trash candidate up for speaker, the moderate republicans wont vote for them.

these people will not be able to govern. they may as well just kiss 2024 goodbye.

votings over.

212 votes for jeffries mccarthy 203 biggs 10 others 9

republicans failed to elect a speaker. this is the party the rubes trust to govern on common sense legislation and they cant even fall in line with each other and elect a speaker. theyre gonna have to try again. and again. and again.

12 of the the democrats should just start voting "present" on the next round and then jeffries would win speaker of the house and then the republicans would have to go through the process of removing him just so they can start all over again!

mccarthy isnt backing down.this is gonna go on for days. maybe even weeks. when you elect a bunch of clowns, expect a circus.

the republicans only have a 4 vote margin. they need to get everybody on board just to elect a speaker. how the fuck do they expect to govern? the way they are infighting and can't tow the party line, expect the republican house to get absolutely nothing done throughout the next 2 years, even if they wanted to. incompetant morons.
tenor.gif

Current view of the GOP
EarnestDiscreteCollardlizard-size_restricted.gif

@Lead sorry to bump your thread, but the vote for Speaker of the House is today which pretty is the last vote of the mid-term elections! Plus you seem more familiar with this stuff so want to know what your thoughts are on:

Seems McCarthy right now doesn't have the votes. Not really sure the process, but have seen people suggesting a democrat, perhaps Hakeem Jeffries could end up as speaker. You have any insight to the process and/or that potential?

It that could happen, I really could see the republicans being stupid enough to fuck up their leadership/control.

I briefly tried looking it up but all I heard was it can be a stalemate until someone reaches a majority of votes. Kinda scary cause it seems like the debt ceiling standoffs you see but just with governing itself. I thought he’d just end up clearing the first vote so now I have no idea where this goes. Watching the house feed now. I usually follow the senate more.

this might be the shortest speakership in history. even after they manage to get somebody elected as speaker. thanks to the new bipartisan legislation, all they need is 5 house members to come forward and file a motion to vacate and it goes to another vote to remove them. so even if mccarthy wins and he doesnt do enough to appease the maga trash, they're just gonna remove him. the voting margin is so razor thin that they can only afford to have 4 republican house members that don't fall in line. right now they have 19.

I briefly tried looking it up but all I heard was it can be a stalemate until someone reaches a majority of votes. Kinda scary cause it seems like the debt ceiling standoffs you see but just with governing itself. I thought he’d just end up clearing the first vote so now I have no idea where this goes. Watching the house feed now. I usually follow the senate more.

Yea, since my post I read it just goes on until someone does get the 218. Record is having 133 or so rounds of voting to find one. I also think I saw this is the first time since 1923 it will go to additional votes. those could be inaccurate factoids, just what I glimpsed

I asked a very specific question and pointed out the very real actions of Jefferies; don't go changing the subject.

Huh? I just pointed out that Jeffries would be a better SOTH than McCarthy. You then pretended that he was a CTer and "election denier" to try to change the subject, no? Can you make it through a single discussion without lying?

oh fuck off with the politics jim jordan

he's wasting the clerks time giving stupid speeches trying to rally the other rubes to change their votes.

Meh...Crenshaw is a RINO just like McCarthy and another 5-6 douchers in the GOP. They're pissy because MAGA won't go away like they want.

House republicans want to run the house but they cant even agree on who to lead them and they are getting into shouting matches about it

Dan the man he has had his spats with democrats notably AOC but they still seem to have a friendly at times responses to each other. Dan understands to govern is a lot more then just taking up airtime with idiotic quotes. He hates both Loran, MTG and Gatz for their nonsense.

Meh...Crenshaw is a RINO just like McCarthy and another 5-6 douchers in the GOP. They're pissy because MAGA won't go away like they want.
Yeah Crenshaw a pussy rino lol he would drag you into the woods and beat the sh$t out of you and still be back in congress to vote on cutting IRS spending.

LMFAO MATT GAETZ IS GIVING HIS SPEECH...TO REINFORCE HIS VOTE FOR JIM JORDAN!!!!!!

theres one of 5 votes that mccarthy cant afford to lose. and its lost.

Yeah Crenshaw a pussy rino lol he would drag you into the woods and beat the sh$t out of you and still be back in congress to vote on cutting IRS spending.
IRS should be cut .. 87k new agents .. flagging 600 transactions Eff them

Who’s wearing the face mask the recorded?

4 of 5 votes not for mccarthy so far and we havent got to gaetz yet

guess we know how this ones gonna play out. if it gets to 5 this is also a dud

4 of 5 votes not for mccarthy so far and we havent got to gaetz yet

guess we know how this ones gonna play out. if it gets to 5 this is also a dud
Yea unless democrats stop voting. But with 4 for others votes looks like a revote will happen.. less than 60 votes in

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zygmunt
Back