Multiplatform Resident Evil 4: Remake

Are you excited for the remake?

• Total voters
Because the bad pre-release reviews hit the reception like a ton of bricks.

Can't recall a worse recent example of a new and highly anticipated IP getting hammered that hard.

For those who are getting sick of all the sequels & remakes and frustrated there's so few new IPs, its not a trend that's going to die anytime soon, especially when the three highest-reviewed games of the year, so far, are...

*Dead Space
*Metroid Prime
*Reaident Evil 4

Of the 3, Dead Space is the best

505e15aa36317.jpeg

Made it into the Castle, no more kicking just boxes for this guy. Get to kick some fancy vases now!

Just when I started to feel like my guns are leveling up and getting the upper hand there has been serious action sequences back to back to back, keeping my on my heels. I hit some serious firefights with low ammo and have had to do them a few times to strategize what I had on hand. I feel like it does a good job of throttling the ammo so you never really feel like Rambo.

I got 400 CP already so i went into extra content shop to see whats even for sale. I cant see shit, nor can i buy anything. So....why cant i

20230326_215456.jpg
1400 CP and i cant buy the weapons? Shit, i cant know what they are? What kind of useless mystery is this..

Ooooooooh. "Concept art and models"

Honestly, am i the only one that has NEVER given a shit about this? Same as "skins." Its a game and a game is meant to be played. Dizzy, this is NOT a story based game, so tools, weapons, etc, that is whats important here.

Im not swearing at a god damn cartoon to win a fucking action figure on a tv screen. And frankly, im a bit glad i dont care.

...maybe im annoyed cuz i cant get used to the controls. I was used to gamecubes and that was 1k years ago.

View attachment 975999
1400 CP and i cant buy the weapons? Shit, i cant know what they are? What kind of useless mystery is this..

You have to meet the unlock criteria then buy. The weapons are infinite versions so you have to beat the game to unlock. It would be pretty OP to unlock them early in the first run.

I feel like I'm barely keeping my head afloat with ammo. For the first run, it's adding a ton to the tension. Really looking forward to NG+ with upgraded weapons to blast through in brutal fashion.

Of the 3, Dead Space is the best

505e15aa36317.jpeg

That fine bro.

We now live in a world that people think its fine that China is hacking our minds via TicTok, people believe we can change our gender to millions of other genders, and the dumbest of them all..... some say Dead Space 3 is the best Dead Space.

Its late on Sunday Night. You should go to bed or else you might miss the short bus in the morning.

Edit. Well, shit...just like that and I beat it easy. I swear there were like 20 enemies the first few times and only 5 just now.

That reminds me of one of the original RE4's most revolutionary features...

Wonder what adjustments were made to it in the remake.

Previously I had only been playing Dead Space for 1 to 2 hours at a time, but tonight I went on a marathon and completed the last few chapters with all the side-quests, and beat the game.

I was hesitant to recommend others to buy the game based on myself only playing half of it, and the highest endorsements of YouTube critics I trust. But now playing through in its completion I can say...

tenor.gif

*GOAT Horror game.
*GOAT Remake.
*And its so damn good I immediately started a New Game+ playthrough, and played 45 minutes of it.

Absolutely worth it at full price, or wait a few months for a price drop, but don't skip this.

Still haven't heard much about the sales for the game, but if its at least somewhat profitable they should greenlight a remake of the sequel. Just keep the same graphical standard and it should be cheaper to make. But time will tell.

Bro.. you posted this.

That fine bro.

We now live in a world that people think its fine that China is hacking our minds via TicTok, people believe we can change our gender to millions of other genders, and the dumbest of them all..... some say Dead Space 3 is the best Dead Space.

Its late on Sunday Night. You should go to bed or else you might miss the short bus in the morning.

{<huh}

Also.. I made that post around 10 AM my time...

Man I am fucking stuck in the Grand Hall. I dont know what to do. Too many enemies, too little ammo. I got to a point earlier where I had no ammo but was able to just run. Now I think I have no choice but to kill the enemies and there just ain't no way.

Edit. Well, shit...just like that and I beat it easy. I swear there were like 20 enemies the first few times and only 5 just now.
Actually, something like this happened to me too. I kept dying hitting a button im used hitting to dodge like in god of war and elden ring, so when it restarted, the enemies died with less bullets.

You have to meet the unlock criteria then buy. The weapons are infinite versions so you have to beat the game to unlock. It would be pretty OP to unlock them early in the first run.

I feel like I'm barely keeping my head afloat with ammo. For the first run, it's adding a ton to the tension. Really looking forward to NG+ with upgraded weapons to blast through in brutal fashion.
Thats fine, but at one point i noticed something... My knife broke.

For fucks sake, this shit again?

The original game had dynamic difficulty. I wonder if this one does, too.

That reminds me of one of the original RE4's most revolutionary features...

Wonder what adjustments were made to it in the remake.

Actually, something like this happened to me too. I kept dying hitting a button im used hitting to dodge like in god of war and elden ring, so when it restarted, the enemies died with less bullets.

I thought it might be dynamic difficulty or the fact that I lobbed a heavy grenade up on the balcony and killed the enchanter dude right away. I couldn't even get to him the first few tries and enemies were just spawning everywhere. Either way I'm just glad I didn't have to start over on easy mode.

One of my big issues with this game actually. Too many encounters will just have you wasting ammo because the enemies keep coming or won't die no matter what you do. I just passed the underground part with the monster while you wait for the elevator. I must have put 20 shotgun shells in his ass before I realized I was just supposed to run. Then I get to the elevator and it's not there so I just had to keep doing laps until it finally showed up I guess.

Between that and the catapults outside the castle and the water room this game has some really poorly designed and rage inducing sequences.

This just blew my mind.

Its like this game was produced by Kojima.

Can't you do that I the original as well? Maybe it's that the bell eventually rings and they leave. Can't remember even though I've played through the game 10 times.

Mendez was all kinds of awesome. Got to the castle.

So, looking thru the "i cant see what is earn" CP menu, i thought to myself....once i get through this, i wont want a infinite weapon. Why? For me, cuz ive done this game a shitload of times.

It brings me back to new game + options. Fromsoftware games got that down, but linear games? Eh. If i can afford it, let me have it.

Very sure it can't be done in the original.
From what I remember, you can't shoot the bell during the first village scene in the original. But I think you can shoot it later, when you're by the graveyard puzzle, and I think it actually spawned more enemies when you did. Now I am going to have to check, lol.
Edit: I was actually right, lol.

Last edited:
That fine bro.

Keep the war room rhetoric out of here man lol. I mostly stopped posting there for a reason.

Back