Multiplatform Resident Evil 4: Remake

Are you excited for the remake?

• Total voters
If the same team that did the RE3make was doing a 'CVmake' or 'DCmake,' would you really be excited for it?

Capcom hasn't been batting a thousand lately, or ever.

Even with the RE2make it seems they were working on a generation defining game, but was forced to release it without the polish it needed in many areas of the game. A 3-4 month delay would have been enough time to really make it the game worthy as being a remake of the original RE2.

RE3make? Ha. Needed another 6 months, at least.

Capcom's getting lazy, figuring their game sales are being driven by hype and nostalgia, and they may be right.
What an awful take.

NGL nearly every take you have on here is shitty. Capcom has been dominated for over a decade recently. Its damn crazy.
That’s Hookman Leon

Put some respect on his name.
This man knows. The whole trailer felt like Hookman. Even the blue tint made it look like Hookman.
Schoolboy L with yet another terrible take.
<{yahyou}>

I can never find Dino Crisis, and they dont sell it digitally on the PS Store.

I need some old school survival horror. Ill just emulate the game.

Dino Crisis is a flawed game with a ton of promise which is similar to how I feel about CV and to me makes them absolutely ripe for remakes.

Dino Crisis is a flawed game with a ton of promise which is similar to how I feel about CV and to me makes them absolutely ripe for remakes.
To me CV felt like a side game....and it was meant to be RE3. It just felt like a bunch of running down long corridors and has some of the worst bosses in an RE game.

But man was it beautiful, and the awesome dynamic cameras were stunning. We got the vampire Wesker but it wasnt as great as RE1, 2 or 3.

Would I play it again? Fuck yeah. Do I wanna play it nah? The game is pretty much like Steve, super fucking unlikeable but man he is interesting and fun to watch.

I love the old RE games so Ill defo play Dino Crisis today.

Emulate the DC version if you can. You can increase internal resolution up to 4K.

Emulate the DC version if you can. You can increase internal resolution up to 4K.
Are you talking about Redream? If so, you have to pay for the higher resolution feature. You can emulate the ps1 version and bump it to 4k with Duckstation for free.

Are you talking about Redream? If so, you have to pay for the higher resolution feature. You can emulate the ps1 version and bump it to 4k with Duckstation for free.
Flycast. Much better than Redream. I can increase internal resolution to the max on a 6 year old video card (GTX 1070) with no hit to the framerate. Plus the DC version doesn't have texture warping and pixelation.

Touche. Its all good my man, its art. Subjective opinions dont invalidate them.
Its more like standards of a final product.

My standards are for development teams is for them to release the absolute best product they can, that sets a new standard for the company, if not for the entire industry.

I'm getting tired of titles, especially remakes, not living up their potential.

Like my impressions of the RE2make? It was an absolute success in many respects, and an absolute failure in others.

I have, I set everything up and it looks fucking gorgeous.

Its more like standards of a final product.

My standards are for development teams is for them to release the absolute best product they can, that sets a new standard for the company, if not for the entire industry.

I'm getting tired of titles, especially remakes, not living up their potential.

Like my impressions of the RE2make? It was an absolute success in many respects, and an absolute failure in others.

Youre asking too much. In how many industries would you expect the same from. That kind of thinking is absolutely destructive to your employees.

I cant recall what REmake 2 failed in. It had a poorer and less memorable soundtrack than the OG...and had and scenarios A/B were kinda screwed up but its maybe far superior than the original in every way.

Youre asking too much. In how many industries would you expect the same from. That kind of thinking is absolutely destructive to your employees

No, that's crunch. I'm talking about letting designers's creativity flow and allow the programmers enough time to implement them into the games.

I cant recall what REmake 2 failed in.

"Negatives -
*As awesome as the police station is, the sewers and lab feel VERY half-assed. After the police station it was still fun but I didn't feel the stakes anymore.
*The original's soundtrack was better in every way, in the areas there there was a soundtrack.
*Zombies take sometimes 6, 7, 8, or 9 shots to the head to be killed? Seriously? I get they want zombies to be a threat but making them practically having to run then over with a truck is blatantly stupid. They should have had more zombies, and attack faster, to offset the fact they take two shots to the head, at maximum, to kill them.
Also, this is supposed to be a follow-up to the REmake, right? Anybody else remember the crimson heads? Those sons of bitches almost made me shit myself. Why not include them as an increased threat?
Anyway, MORE zombies, that attack faster, having many in areas, AND make them come back as crimson heads would have been a huge improvement than a few slow zombies that take a dozens shots to the head to die.
*The story, in sections, felt like it was better written and performed in the original 1998 game.
*It really annoys me that they basically had Leon and Claire doing the exact same things throughout their campaigns. It reeks of laziness that there could have been almost completely separate campaigns in which they meet up at a few times. Hell, in the RE2make they even cut out the cutscene that Leon and Claire meet in the STARS office."

It had a poorer and less memorable soundtrack than the OG...and had and scenarios A/B were kinda screwed up but its maybe far superior than the original in every way.

It was 'meh' at best in some aspects, and BAD at worst.

No, that's crunch. I'm talking about letting designers's creativity flow and allow the programmers enough time to implement them into the games.
I can tell you probably dont project lead or run a business. You dont have unlimited budgets or time to perfect everything. And the scale of games are too damn large nowadays. Its why we have fewer perfect games now compared to PS2 days etc.

Might want to look into smaller indies that can perfect things.

*Zombies take sometimes 6, 7, 8, or 9 shots to the head to be killed? Seriously? I get they want zombies to be a threat but making them practically having to run then over with a truck is blatantly stupid. They should have had more zombies, and attack faster, to offset the fact they take two shots to the head, at maximum, to kill them.
That wouldnt have worked for REmake 2. Zombies were scarier in that game than they had been in decades. Look at REmake 3, where the gameplay wasnt as tight.

Your negatives are super subjective but I can see why, doesnt mean it wasnt a masterpiece.

I can tell you probably dont project lead or run a business.

Neither do you.

You dont have unlimited budgets or time to perfect everything. And the scale of games are too damn large nowadays. Its why we have fewer perfect games now compared to PS2 days etc.

Its about the communication between the team and the studio heads, for them to understand additional funding and months of production will be benefitial to the eventual profit margins of the title when its released.

-"Oh well, we'll have to delay the release date we announced."
-"You made the mistake of announcing the release date before knowing it'll be ready."

That wouldnt have worked for REmake 2. Zombies were scarier in that game than they had been in decades. Look at REmake 3, where the gameplay wasnt as tight.

Your negatives are super subjective but I can see why, doesnt mean it wasnt a masterpiece.

It could have worked. As far as we know they never bothered to test it out.

Three headshots to normal zombies should be considered the absolute most in video games. 5, 6, 7, or 8? Absolutely ridiculous.

Flycast. Much better than Redream. I can increase internal resolution to the max on a 6 year old video card (GTX 1070) with no hit to the framerate. Plus the DC version doesn't have texture warping and pixelation.
Duckstation can fix texture warping and has texture filtering. But it's probably easier to just play the DC version.

Duckstation can fix texture warping and has texture filtering. But it's probably easier to just play the DC version.
PS1 version still chugs below 30 FPS whereas it's locked on DC.

They're obviously going for the more serious/horror focus than the original which is great(let the OG keep it's style) but I hope and assume one of the bonus features is going to be the Merchants original voice lines. post PS1 RE games, he's easily the most recognizable sound.

But the only thing I am worried about is Capcom abandoning Mercenaries again like with 3. at least release it as some sort of free to play game.

Neither do you.
Lmao. I currently dont but I have....thats why I made those assumptions about you based on your flawed thinking.
Its about the communication between the team and the studio heads, for them to understand additional funding and months of production will be benefitial to the eventual profit margins of the title when its released.

-"Oh well, we'll have to delay the release date we announced."
-"You made the mistake of announcing the release date before knowing it'll be ready."
There's a huge issue with PM and handling deadlines and budgets, there are deadlines set for a few years out and anything can happen. You must realise that anything can pop up, from budget cuts to a damn pandemic etc.
You make it sound easy, and thats why I know youve never run a project or your own business. Its not meant to be an offense, but its easy speaking about something generally when you dont know the intricacies.

It could have worked. As far as we know they never bothered to test it out.

Three headshots to normal zombies should be considered the absolute most in video games. 5, 6, 7, or 8? Absolutely ridiculous.
RE needed something fresh. RE7 and Remake 2 came from that ethos. I personally think they nailed the zombies in REmake 2. A single zombie could wreck your shit, and I havent felt that way about an enemy outside of a Fromsoft title.

How do you know they hadnt tested it out? Games and projects go through so many variations and scope creep that I can gurantee that they did do what you wanted and probably found it boring.

Imagine how trivial it wouldve been to headshot your way through the game. RE games arent very long. For the type of survival horror they wanted to achieve, I think they nailed it. If the zombies were easy to smash, it wouldve been another RE4 title, and thats more action than what they were aiming for.

Back