Multiplatform Resident Evil 4: Remake

Are you excited for the remake?

• Total voters
Gameplay just released

New trailer

See El Gigante, Saddler, Salazar, Mendez, Luis, Ada, all of them look amazing.

Well well well...

This looks far far better than I was expecting. They've increased the horror factor and the camp is gone.

Did I see Leon crouching and sneaking around to avoid an enemy? Adding stealth elements was absolutely not expected.

The village section is being remade 1 for 1, and I really hope they add a few more sections like that into the game. (Isn't it weird quite possibly the best section of RE4 is at the very beginning?)

Only thing they showed I think they could have done better is Ashley's design. She looks... so plain. The was the 'school girl in distress' in the original so you feel more heroic by protecting and saving her. But here, yeah, looks plain.

Want to see more now.

I heard a rumor, and it could just be a rumor, that they're adding in a Tyrant/stalker enemy. I wasn't a fan of that rumor, but now I want to learn more.

I'm now far far more intrigued.

Dead Space remake
Callisto Protocall
Resident Evil 4 remake
Silent Hill 2 remake

Never had this many high-quality horror games come out within this short of a window, ever.

Well well well...

This looks far far better than I was expecting. They've increased the horror factor and the camp is gone.

Did I see Leon crouching and sneaking around to avoid an enemy? Adding stealth elements was absolutely not expected.

The village section is being remade 1 for 1, and I really hope they add a few more sections like that into the game. (Isn't it weird quite possibly the best section of RE4 is at the very beginning?)

Only thing they showed I think they could have done better is Ashley's design. She looks... so plain. The was the 'school girl in distress' in the original so you feel more heroic by protecting and saving her. But here, yeah, looks plain.

Want to see more now.

I heard a rumor, and it could just be a rumor, that they're adding in a Tyrant/stalker enemy. I wasn't a fan of that rumor, but now I want to learn more.

Dead Space remake
Callisto Protocall
Resident Evil 4 remake
Silent Hill 2 remake

Never had this many high-quality horror games come out within this short of a window, ever.
Sounds like it's more horror than action like the second build of RE4 was (the one with Leon in the giant castle being stalked).

Sounds like it's more horror than action like the second build of RE4 was (the one with Leon in the giant castle being stalked).

Speaking of the castle, I mentioned in the 1st page of this thread that I really don't like the structure of the castle in RE4. Too video gamey.

Really looking forward to seeing its design now. Hopefully its being re-designed from the ground up.

Speaking of the castle, I mentioned in the 1st page of this thread that I really don't like the structure of the castle in RE4. Too video gamey.

Really looking forward to seeing its design now. Hopefully its being re-designed from the ground up.

Well well well...

Want to see more now.

Dead Space remake
Callisto Protocall
Resident Evil 4 remake
Silent Hill 2 remake

The camp is not gone at all. Leon drops a one liner almost immediately during combat. He acts like a total action hero talking to Hunnigan when the Ganados are breaking through. Maybe we won’t get a “ballistics” line but there was definitely camp and I’m so glad it’s there. It’s part of what makes RE4 stand out from the series.

Well well well...

Want to see more now.

Dead Space remake
Callisto Protocall
Resident Evil 4 remake
Silent Hill 2 remake

Yeah, I’m looking forward to all four of those titles as well. As long as none of them shit the bed we are eating well boys.

Yeah, I’m looking forward to all four of those titles as well. As long as none of them shit the bed we are eating well boys.

When this is released, I'm going to be paying attention to the reviewers that love the original RE4 and compare it to the remake.

I mentioned earlier that the first village section is the best part of the game? I meant the first part before Leon says "Where is everyone going? Bingo?"

That area is 10/10. Pure masterpiece in level design.
From there up until going into the castle? Its 9/10. Still amazing but that village section clearly tops it.
The castle, the longest section of the game, is 8/10. Believing a medieval castle is THAT video gamey is too much, it takes me out of the experience.
From the castle to the end of the game... 8/10. The level design is improved, back to the greatness of the village section, but the boss fights are lame. 8/10

So, based off the excellence of the new trailers, I see ALOT of potential for them to improve the original game.

Fucking awesome!

I only ever played the original to completion this past winter with the fan HD mod.

Hopefully we can adjust the FOV more

Is the Ada campaign happening as well? I have yet to play through that, might just wait instead to have more new experiences.

She's in my top 5 waifus, zero shame in that lol
Screenshot_20221021-145230_Gallery.jpg

Think id rather have a code veronica remake tbh

playing Nemesis REmake atm. Not bad, hated original nemesis

Think id rather have a code veronica remake tbh

playing Nemesis REmake atm. Not bad, hated original nemesis
I'm still hopeful for one. If I had to guess I would bet they're working on Resident Evil 9 and/or another remake of 1. I'm sure if these continue to do well a CV will happen eventually.

RE2 is a stellar remake. Despite beating the game a handful of times and it being one of my favorite childhood games, I thought they did a great job. I'm looking forward to this remake. The trailer got me hype. RE4 is a masterpiece for its time, and truly, the last top tier RE game.

do I need to play RE2 and 3 to understand 4
I don't think you need to play 3. I don't even think you need to play 2. You know that Leon was in 2, and that he was one of the first responders to the outbreak. There are occasional and delightful nods to RE2 in 4 that you'd appreciate but nothing crucial.

I'm really looking forward to this but one thing I'm concerned about is the Krauser fight. Please for the love of god don't make the Krauser fight have those insufferable QTE cutscenes. That was easily my least favorite part in all of RE4.

I'm still hopeful for one. If I had to guess I would bet they're working on Resident Evil 9 and/or another remake of 1. I'm sure if these continue to do well a CV will happen eventually.
It's been erased by Capcom now for at least six years. :(

Went with didn't need one although I bet it'll be good. Just disappointed they didn't remake CV or put more effort into RE3, although it was still a good game.

Back