REVIEW: Outslayer 6ft 150lb Muay Thai Bag

EMB+Station.jpg
Are those the Shureido makiwara Noah? they sure look like the one we have.

Are those the Shureido makiwara Noah? they sure look like the one we have.

Nope, those were made by the same guy who made the rest of the stand. The mounting brackets holding them in place were custom designed/built by him, but the board setup is pretty standard. It's just two red oak boards, one about 8"-10" shorter than the other, that are tied together to create a leaf spring effect. The only difference is that we used 6" wide boards instead of 4" wide boards. That made it so we could use two boards instead of the more-common set of three, and reduces the likelihood of breakage.

Last edited:
Thanks for the answer. They came out really nice, he does great work.

Thanks for the review. My gym just got several new Outslayer bags, and I really wanted to like them as they are made domestically. I don't know how to say it nicely, but I just hate using these bags. They are very hard, and the feedback from hitting the bags feels off. As a point of comparison, fairtex bags are my favorite.

Thanks for the review. My gym just got several new Outslayer bags, and I really wanted to like them as they are made domestically. I don't know how to say it nicely, but I just hate using these bags. They are very hard, and the feedback from hitting the bags feels off. As a point of comparison, fairtex bags are my favorite.

Huh, I'm kind of surprised by that. Admittedly, it's been several years since I bought mine, now, but I'm still very happy with it--maybe they've changed something? Everyone has their own preferences, though, of course.

Back