Reviews of assorted fitness equipment?

Airdyne23

The Violent Art
@purple
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone would be interested in reading some reviews for different things like kettlebells, clubbells, jump ropes etc??

I was thinking of writing some reviews for some of the above and a few other training items I've been using recently like Bulgarian bags etc etc.

Comments are welcome!

Sure I'm down with that. However, by now you know I am fine with absolutely everything even when most here aren't so take it as you will.

it'd be great to have reviews of lower end items or things out of the usual headgears and gloves.

Blair,

You own the Ultimate Grappling Shoes right? Can you do a review on them? Are these good for kickboxing? True to size? Durable?

Also, if you have other shoes that you are willing to review, it would be nice to see more shoe reviews around here.

Blair,

You own the Ultimate Grappling Shoes right? Can you do a review on them? Are these good for kickboxing? True to size? Durable?

Also, if you have other shoes that you are willing to review, it would be nice to see more shoe reviews around here.

Absolutely, great suggestion. I use wrestling shoes alot for sub grappling, so I can compare to some of the other shoes I've used if you like, Gables/Aggressors etc.

Absolutely, great suggestion. I use wrestling shoes alot for sub grappling, so I can compare to some of the other shoes I've used if you like, Gables/Aggressors etc.

That would be great, the more details the better. I'm actually trying to find a shoe that I can use for MT. Ideally this would be like a leather sock. Wrestling shoes I find too grippy and boxing shoes are too stiff. I was thinking to either get the UGS or some sambo shoes. What would you suggest?

That would be great.

As a grappling noob, I don't know anything about wrestling shoes, earguards and other more specialized gear.

Also, kettlebells seem sweet seeing we live in the same state and I don't know whether to get the good type of those either :icon_chee

That would be great, the more details the better. I'm actually trying to find a shoe that I can use for MT. Ideally this would be like a leather sock. Wrestling shoes I find too grippy and boxing shoes are too stiff. I was thinking to either get the UGS or some sambo shoes. What would you suggest?

I think UGS or Sambofki are definately soft enough on your partner and allow good rotation/pivoting for kicking compared to say wrestling shoes which will grip and torque your knees more.

Also they wouldnt hurt your sparring partner as much as wrestling shoes with more solid toe stitching.

BUT, the durability might be a problem. Depending how often your wearing them they would wear down fast.

Have you considered the standard MT ankle guards? Or if you want something more grippy, the cage feet by American Standup or grappling socks by Hayabusa or CSI?

That would be great.

As a grappling noob, I don't know anything about wrestling shoes, earguards and other more specialized gear.

Also, kettlebells seem sweet seeing we live in the same state and I don't know whether to get the good type of those either :icon_chee

I might create an open footwear thread for boxing/wrestling shoes and other MMA related footwear that everyone can add to if they want.

As for Kettlebells, I'll do a review on the RKC bells I got from Dragondoor Australia after using various other standard bells and pro-grades from other sources around the place. There was quite a difference and I wouldnt use any other bells now for PT or my own personal use.

I think UGS or Sambofki are definately soft enough on your partner and allow good rotation/pivoting for kicking compared to say wrestling shoes which will grip and torque your knees more.

Also they wouldnt hurt your sparring partner as much as wrestling shoes with more solid toe stitching.

BUT, the durability might be a problem. Depending how often your wearing them they would wear down fast.

Have you considered the standard MT ankle guards? Or if you want something more grippy, the cage feet by American Standup or grappling socks by Hayabusa or CSI?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...iIGADw&usg=AFQjCNGUpRIQdgs3huVJN3hmyeYEn8kI4Q

I use these for MT.I wear them because I sweat like a hog-they absorb a lot of sweat plus have good traction.Not too much to interfere with pivoting on kicks though.

Thanks for the suggestions. I was actually looking for something that would cover the toes. In terms of durability, I would imagine that the UGS or Sambofki would last longer than the standard MT ankle guards or other variants. Sambo shoes are pretty cheap so replacing them wouldn't be a problem, but the UGS are quite a bit more expensive so I wanted to figure out if buying them would be a good decision. I would be using them about 3-4 times per week. Based on pictures, the UGS do look better constructed and more supportive, but I don't know if this applies in real life.

Also I think an open footwear thread would be great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back