*Revised* My Custom Neurotransmitter/Nootropic/Pre-Workout Formula

TTT.

So what do you think, Terumo? Do I have too much shit thrown together? Once again, are there any contraindications in my Premium Custom Formula I'm not aware of?

Also, what would your dream custom formula look like? I know you use Power Drive, but I was wondering what you'd come up with in a mental exercise.

Madmick said:
TTT.

So what do you think, Terumo? Do I have too much shit thrown together? Once again, are there any contraindications in my Premium Custom Formula I'm not aware of?

Also, what would your dream custom formula look like? I know you use Power Drive, but I was wondering what you'd come up with in a mental exercise.

Thanks for bringing this thread to my attention. You made an excellent thread, here. I did the homeade Powerdrive thing back when it was $30 for 25 servings. However, now that the price is significantly reduced, I just started buying it because of the flavoring and convenience. [Anyone else notice that the price reduction was in sync with Biotest taking Gingko out of the formula?]

I would totally vouch for your formula, in theory. However, nootropics have to be tested. Neuroscience is fairly tricky stuff, and sometimes combining two stimulants results in a tranquilizer. You never know.

What would my dream combo be? Hmmm... Like if I had to retake the MCAT or something? USMLE, perhaps? It would be a tough call, because this is all theory, but I might test-drive this one:

DMAE + Phospahatidylcholine + Piracetam + Modafinil or Methylfinadate

I would have to toy with the concentrations, and who knows... It might not even work thanks to receptor kinetics, individual response, or god-knows-why.

Once more--kickass post, Madmick.

~Terumo

Terumo said:
Once more--kickass post, Madmick.

x100. Glad you bumped and edited this, Madmick. This is one I missed originally, but have been quite curious about the topic lately.

Thanks alot man, great post... i may need some stimulants to fully appreciate it though :redface:

Terumo, that's the second time I've seen you mention mofadanil. That was a highly controversial substance on the other boards and reources I explored when I composed this thread. Some seemed to think its benefits were overrated; others tended to believe that regardless of its potency it was too dangerous.

What's your take on it? Is it the juice? I mean: is it the most effective neurotransmitter pharmocologically? What are the risks? Does it have a strong synergistic effect in concert with another substance(s)?

I'll be trying out the Power Drive Imitation formula stacked with Piracetam. Once I get all the components in the mail and try it out I'll post some feedback.

Great info, btw.

BTW, Topcat, don't forget flavoring.

I take my neurotransmitter formula with my Accelerade, but I've never been known for my discriminating tastes. The only thing I couldn't take down was a hydrolyzed casein powder from TP that was around 25%-35% of that stuff. I could even take down straight AAKG in water (although that made me kinda queesy).

God fucking awful.

Pure hydrolized 520 whey is the worst thing I've ever taken down... for some reason mixing it with warm water instead of cold seemed to help a little.

After several weeks of using Power Drive I'm still unimpressed with the product. :icon_neut

Valgarv said:
Pure hydrolized 520 whey is the worst thing I've ever taken down... for some reason mixing it with warm water instead of cold seemed to help a little.

After several weeks of using Power Drive I'm still unimpressed with the product. :icon_neut
Good to know. Like you, I was never dissatisfied with Neurostim. That added a noticeable kick to my mood.

But Hydrolyzed Whey 520 is nothing. Fat Wilhelm also tried a hydrolyzed casein from TP, and commented on it. He mentioned that he mailed the guys at TP about the taste and they informed him the hydrolyzed casein is 10x as bitter as the hydrolyzed whey.

I've had both, and it's 10x at least.

I highly doubt I could take down even a 5% powder of hydrolyzed casein (even the rest was dextrose).

Valgarv said:

Hydrolyzed dairy protein is one of the most vile things a human can consume. It makes me wonder about Surge... Either the label is a blatant lie, or Biotest has hired a flavoring god.

~Terumo

Not to hijiack, but I just whipped up my own Pre-workout formula, based on this thread, and what I had in the kitchen:

1 scoop orange flavored Accelerade
1 scoop Progressive greens (total 1750mg organic non-GMO lecithin)
1 B-50 tablet
1 200mg caffiene tab

I just finished it about 20 minutes ago, and I can already feel it "behind the eyes" :eek:

I know, it's a pathetic poor man's Power Drive, but it'll have to do for now. I'm itching to mix up Madmicks formula, but I'm not sure if I can get DMAE and some of the other ingredients in bulk here in Canada.

So what, Mike. That's a great formula.

If you can get a hold of some DMAE and Piracetam, I'd go after those.

Madmick said:
So what, Mike. That's a great formula.

If you can get a hold of some DMAE and Piracetam, I'd go after those.

x2, for sure. But I would advise keeping those products in pill form. If you try to make a drink out of it, you will probably think you are sucking on a sheet of iron. That is some heavy B-complex.

~Terumo

Forgot to post up about the product. Only been using it for about two days now. The only part of the stack that contributes any "flavor" is the Lecithin, and that shit tastes like unsweetened Iced Tea that somebody yakked up. Not bad, but it's starting to get me queasy even when mixed with some sugar free lemonade. I might have to try this accelerade out. Other than that, though, I haven't noticed anything overt (at least not to the extent of amphetatmines), but then again, I haven't felt down in the dumps or unfocused either, so take that for what it's worth.

TopCat said:
...that shit tastes like unsweetened Iced Tea that somebody yakked up. Not bad...

My friend, we apparently have sharply contrasting ideas of what "not bad" tastes like.

~Terumo

Terumo said:
My friend, we apparently have sharply contrasting ideas of what "not bad" tastes like.

~Terumo

To put things in perspective, I made a pretty big mistake yesterday when measuring out my BCAA powder. This being my first time taking the stuff, I was surprised when I realized it was completely insoluble in water and subsequently lost track of the "1/4" part of the 1/4 teaspoon per 450mg. So I measured out 5g as being equal to 11 teaspoons instead of 2 3/4 teaspoons. Did that three times before realizing what an idiot I was; couple that with the fact that shit tastes like fucking burned armpit stink and cheap plastic toy and it's a little more apparent my tastes are now totally jaded. :icon_cry2

TTT because this thread rocks, guys need to see it, and I just finished my Accelerade, Green+, 200mg caffeine and B-50. ETA for blast off 30 minutes. :icon_chee

MikeMartial said:
TTT because this thread rocks, guys need to see it, and I just finished my Accelerade, Green+, 200mg caffeine and B-50. ETA for blast off 30 minutes. :icon_chee

Ahh, thanks for bringing this back up, now that i am becoming more knowledgeable, and actually lifting iron, I ahve been wondering about Pre-WO formulas. How's that combo treating ya Mike? I am assuming you work out in the morning since you are adding in your greens+ with it? If so are you eating breakfast, then after a certain amt of time taking this; or just waiting to take your greens+ till 30-45 mins before workout?

jk3004 said:
How's that combo treating ya Mike?

Great, except it's now 2:08 AM and I'm :eek: bugged eyed awake. But that'd be my own fault for taking 200mg of caffeine at 7 PM. I should damn well know better, and save that shight for my afternoon workouts.

jk3004 said:
I am assuming you work out in the morning since you are adding in your greens+ with it?

No, I dont do morning workouts. I add the Greens+ because of this post by Terumo. Read post# 25. Saying the man knows his shit is a serious understatement. Caffeine = Good. Caffeine + Phosphatidyl Choline = The Win.

I'll do the Green+ twice a day; once in the morning first thing with cold water, and then preWO with the poor man's Power Drive Formula, via this thread by Madmick.

jk3004 said:
If so are you eating breakfast, then after a certain amt of time taking this; or just waiting to take your greens+ till 30-45 mins before workout?

Just all depends when I'm working out; as a general rule, yes, the preWO drink is about 45 minutes prior to GO time. :icon_chee

MikeMartial said:
No, I dont do morning workouts. I add the Greens+ because of this post by Terumo. Read post# 25. Saying the man knows his shit is a serious understatement. Caffeine = Good. Caffeine + Phosphatidyl Choline = The Win.

I'll do the Green+ twice a day; once in the morning first thing with cold water, and then preWO with the poor man's Power Drive Formula, via this thread by Madmick.

Just all depends when I'm working out; as a general rule, yes, the preWO drink is about 45 minutes prior to GO time. :icon_chee

Gah I missed that post as well, or didn't pay much attention to it. You don't think that greens + twice a day is a bit excessive? I can see if you cut the serving size in half, but 2 full servings of that shit is alot. Also my problem with this is that I work the night shift, so I generally work out 2-3 hours after i wake up in the morning.

Also, what I am worried about is how hard I am going to crash after taking a PreWO formula, then my PWO shake (31% dextrose 30% maltodextrin as carbs), and then going to work. I guess I won't know till I try it out...

In any case I think I am going to just wait to take my greens + with this PreWO formula, instead of 1st thing in the morning. I'm gonna roll with the poor man's formula as well; in fact I'll just mimic the way you have it set up.

BTW jog my memory, B50 = Phosphatidyl Choline, which the body uses to synthesize the neurotransmitter acetylcholine... correct?

Acetylcholine: (taken from wikpedia.com ---> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acetylcholine)

...Later work showed that when acetylcholine binds to acetylcholine receptors on striated muscle fibers, it opens channels in the membrane. Sodium ions then enter the muscle cell, stimulating muscle contraction. Acetylcholine is also used in the brain, where it tends to cause excitatory actions. The glands that receive impulses from the parasympathetic part of the autonomic nervous system are also stimulated in the same way.

Back