Rewatched Paddy fight, no robbery at all.

rstringer

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
After reading all these posts and articles saying Jared was robbed I watched the fight again very carefully.

Round 1:
Jared definitely landed a few good punches but Paddy lit him up with a number of very hard leg kicks and also snuck in a few punches of his own and most of the octagon control was his.
So to me that round could have really gone either and there was no clear robbery. There was some very selective editing after the round which ONLY SHOWED Jared's strikes. Very disingenuous!

Round 2:
It looked to me that Paddy clearly took that round. He landed multiple combos , leg strikes and even had a submission attempt. Jared definitely got a few punches in as well , so again no robbery as well.

Round 3:
Both fighter's though they can cruise to the win , Jared just kept pushing Paddy to the fence and didn't do much with his take down. So again very hard to score and definitely no robbery here.

So based on this analysis , I don't understand at all why people think this was a robbery . I think this impression is invoked by Rogan's bias BS commentary and selective editing and I am not really a Paddy fan.

Ya this is not how scoring is done...

And UD isnt indicative of a close fight .. especially when the rounds that Gordon won due to landing the harder strikes of the round or just simply bullying his opponent around including a takedown...somehow became his opponents..

They got it wrong or they got paid....

That's the truth of this .. whipping hard leg kicks dont win u a round after getting your head LEFT HOOKED off...for the better part of the first round lol..

What is this the ULTIMATE FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP OR ultimate leg Kicking championship...

Not all strikes are created equal....LEFT HOOK greater then leg kick

Well shit … there it is! It was not a robbery. It says it right here. 90th percentile of arm chair and media scorecards giving it to Gordon have all been overwritten by this thread. The pad train is still on the tracks moving full speed.

while we’re at it Bryce mitchel had the flu so the loss doesn’t count… both trains remain intact!

And UD isnt indicative of a close fight .. especially when the rounds that Gordon won due to landing the harder strikes of the round or just simply bullying his opponent around including a takedown...somehow became his opponents..

That's the truth of this .. whipping hard leg kicks dont win u a round after getting your head LEFT HOOKED off...for the better part of the first round lol..

What is this the ULTIMATE FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP OR ultimate leg Kicking championship...

who says left hooks are bigger than leg kicks? Yes this is MMA it's not boxing .WTF?

Your first sentence of your breakdown shows you don't grasp the scoring criteria. Literally you couldn't get through 1 sentence without showing your hand.
care to elaborate?

Well shit … there it is! It was not a robbery. It says it right here. 90th percentile of arm chair and media scorecards giving it to Gordon have all been overwritten by this thread. The pad train is still on the tracks moving full speed.

while we’re at it Bryce mitchel had the flu so the loss doesn’t count… both trains remain intact!
Go watch it again. It was a close flight but does not qualify as a robbery. Doesn't mean shit how many people chose not to think for themselves.

Try to figure it out, then I will explain if needed.

It is a fairly common misconception but shows immediately that you have not read the scoring criteria.
You make some baseless assertion about my understanding of how the fight went without any real qualified comments and I am the one who has to decipher your cryptic messages?

Alright buddy.

Let me guess. you cried when harry kane botched his penalty kick ?

play-614bb374a000983--snap_1670705919053.jpeg

Cry little baby cry. Gordon had less significant strikes than Paddy. That's a fact, and Paddy's significant strikes were more significant based on damage. The OP understands what CONTROL means. Many Paddy haters don't know what it means. They think laying on top of a guy accomplishing nothing but defending subs is control.

You make some baseless assertion about my understanding of how the fight went without any real qualified comments and I am the one who has to decipher your cryptic messages?

Alright buddy.

You don't know which scoring criteria count, when they count or what the application is of what scoring criteria are evaluated. Clearly demonstrated in your first sentence.

Cry little baby cry. Gordon had less significant strikes than Paddy. That's a fact, and Paddy's significant strikes were more significant based on damage. The OP understands what CONTROL means. Many Paddy haters don't know what it means. They think laying on top of a guy accomplishing nothing but defending subs is control.

So being forced against the cage ...and getting takendown isnt being out grappled? .

Ranking for judging
Striking -no1
Grappling - Gordon
control- doesnt matter ... Gordon won on effective grappling

But yes i dont understand judging

Judges dont get to see the punch count you know that right?

Also those left hooks which landed throughout the first and second was the greatest significant strikes of the fight.. u cant be serious

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blunttruth
Back