Elections RFK Jr. running as an independent?

Fake Doctor

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
It's not exactly a sure thing, and you always knew it was possible and even probable, but this strikes me as something that would have a pretty significant impact on the presidential race.

"Democratic presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. will reportedly announce on Oct. 9 that he is running as an independent

Kennedy is set to switch party affiliations after campaigning as a Democrat since April. His campaign plans to air “attack ads” against the Democratic National Committee to “pave the way” for his announcement, according to Mediate.

“Bobby feels that the DNC is changing the rules to exclude his candidacy, so an independent run is the only way to go,” a Kennedy campaign insider told the outlet.

Kennedy has criticized President Joe Biden on various occasions during his campaign. He claimed to be “the first person censored by the Biden administration” in early 2021 when he was suspended from Instagram and Facebook for disinformation, and has accused the sitting president of living in a “bubble” and only talking to “donors.”
"

RFK Jr Will Run For President As An Independent: REPORT | The Daily Caller

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Reportedly Will Announce Third-Party Run as Independent in Coming Weeks (msn.com)

Kennedy has that outsider appeal, and grabs a lot of Democrats - as well as disaffected moderate Republicans - unhappy with the party lines as they are now. I can understand why the guy is potentially doing this too, as there are claims floating around that the DNC has basically stacked the primaries to make Biden the nominee (a bold move after the shit they pulled with Bernie a few years back) and the party has been treating him like a kook and an outsider despite his popularity.

If this happens, who do you figure this helps more, Biden or Trump? I've been seen polling suggesting he's going to grab more Republican voters than Democrat, though I'm not sure I trust that.

Merge this if there is a thread on it somewhere - didn't see one. I'm just curious, as this does seem like it could have a significant impact, siphoning important votes away from... Someone. Just not sure who.

Last edited:
Another Ross Perot maybe, I think he could take more than 8 or 10 percent

Who do you figure he's taking those votes from? I would have guessed Democrats pissed at the DNC ramming through an unpopular candidate, but his hostility towards the Covid vax seems more likely to appeal to Republicans, and I've seen some polling that Republican voters are actually pretty gung-ho on the guy.

Will probably help Biden. Nobody was going to vote for Biden because they thought he's doing a great job and can't wait for 4 more years of dementia, inflation and poverty increases, they were always going to vote for whoever the man in the TV tells them to. A vote against the administrative state now has 2 ways to go.

He is funded by the Kremlin and in massive love with Putin.

Who do you figure he's taking those votes from? I would have guessed Democrats pissed at the DNC ramming through an unpopular candidate, but his hostility towards the Covid vax seems more likely to appeal to Republicans, and I've seen some polling that Republican voters are actually pretty gung-ho on the guy.
He'd take a large amount of moderate men and moderate/right women in my opinion. The moderate right women turned off by trump, well, for being trump. And we're talking anti-vax. Also Moderate men who understand everything that went down during covid and don't agree with the vaccines will also vote for him.

Will probably help Biden. Nobody was going to vote for Biden because they thought he's doing a great job and can't wait for 4 more years of dementia, inflation and poverty increases, they were always going to vote for whoever the man in the TV tells them to. A vote against the administrative state now has 2 ways to go.
Many Democrats would vote for RFK Jr. over Biden. I think he will hurt Biden more than Trump.

Last edited:
The dems only said that they weren't going to be any primary debates and that Biden is definitely the candidate.

Only took Kennedy Jr. 4 months to figure it out.

When they moved the 1st primary to South Carolina and away from Iowa and New Hampshire, where Joe Biden has historically done well and his does not in the other two, he realized the game was likely over. I think he wanted to see how it goes, but once they banned him all over the place online, he knew he had to make a move.

At 15% he has a shot at elevating, but it's a long one. He has zero chance as a Democrat.

Last edited:
In Boston, old Irish Catholic families would have a picture of Jesus, Mary, and JFK. JFK was a hero to many. The Kennedy name means something to a lot of people.

Trump turned on a lot of loyal followers, not all Republicans will vote for him. So RFK is going to pull some Republican votes, lots of Independent votes, and Libertarian votes, and some nostologic Democrats.

This will have a big impact on the election, just not sure in what direction.
It will be interesting.

Do people actual think Biden is even going to be able to run? That would be a disaster for Dems....He doesn't know where he is today, let alone in a year.

He is supposed to announce this on October 9th.

If he makes it to the general, I think he hurts both, Biden more so than trump.

still hope he will be Trump’s VP. He says he can’t agree with trump on some things, and won’t be his VP no matter what. Not sure what outside perhaps the vaxx and maybe tax cuts. They have a lot of middle ground tho and would do well.

It is funny cause some of Desantis social media “influencers” already saying they will endorse him if/when Desantis drops out.

still hope he will be Trump’s VP. He says he can’t agree with trump on some things, and won’t be his VP no matter what. Not sure what outside perhaps the vaxx and maybe tax cuts. They have a lot of middle ground tho and would do well.

Honestly, he would be my top pick for Trump's VP. Trump is, to some extent, breaking the Republican party - why not take another step further and take an outcast Democrat - RFK Jr. or a Tulsi Gabbard or something - as his VP? VP's aren't that important (except in emergency), but it does send an actual message of cooperation and unity that is anathema to the popular current political strategy where a politician says "We need to work together!" and then antagonizing the other side endlessly, even going so far as to paint them as enemies of the state.

Doubt it will happen but would be good for the US.

Back