Rice or Potatoes - Which do you prefer?

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
I can eat rice with anything.

Potatoes need some kind of jazzing up which usually ends up being extremely unhealthy
(yet tasty)
That’s my dig at potatoes. To make them really great imo, you basically have to make them really bad for you. Don’t mind it from time to time, but, I cannot eat like that too often. Ate them much more when I was younger, and skipped on rice.

You can eat them raw with some salt. Or even throw them in the microwave. Super fast.
Raw with salt? You the liver king for potatoes?
Not always. I guess you can argue prep time but I usually knock alot of that stuff ahead of time.

• Fries take like 20 mintes in an air fryer which doesnt require alot of oil.
    • Mashed potatoes can also be made in around 20-30 minutes and dont use any oil.
air fryer fries suck teh dick though

Spuds are hard carbs. Rice I make dirty rice, Chinese rice, risoto.

If you have no imagination and don't know how to cook you will go for potatoes.

Spuds are hard carbs. Rice I make dirty rice, Chinese rice, risoto.

If you have no imagination and don't know how to cook you will go for potatoes.
Im a rice guy, but, you can do tons with a potato too. I cook all the time and when I’m in a potato mood, it is hard to even decide what to do with them, since the options are so plentiful.

still prefer rice

Im a rice guy, but, you can do tons with a potato too. I cook all the time and when I’m in a potato mood, it is hard to even decide what to do with them, since the options are so plentiful.

still prefer rice
Don't think I don't know what to do without a potato, but we are pretty much ignoring SE Asia.

Potatoes. Rice isn't nearly as painful when thrown at someone.

Both potatoes and rice .Boiled rice with bacon is my new favourite sliced up crispy bacon cooked through it tastes great .

Baked poatoes with beans and cheese is good also potatoes always taste better with butter .

Potatoes is the 2nd thing i eat most, beated only by steak

Don't remember last time i've eat rice, sure af was'nt 2022, and probably neither 2021 or 2020

I like both, but rice is only good with something else, like in pilav, or risotto. You cant match baked or fried potatoes with just rice. But I'd be really sad if I had to choose just one since pilav is my favorite dish and I like sushi as well.

tumblr_lqo4jf9IU41qcfe3co3_250.gifv

Potatoes

I love a fully loaded baked potato.
View attachment 931632

Serious question, do you scoop out all the good stuff in the middle and then eat the skin?

I just slice them into hunks and eat it from one end to the other skin and all just like a steak. Am I a serial killer?

Hard to pick and it really depends on how theyre cooked.

Rice and potatoes have very little flavor. They are a blank slate or a carrier for a flavor. Like butter, salt, spice, gravy, etc, I do love fried rice and potatoes of almost any kind.

Potatoes easily. Way more versatile. Mashed, baked, breakfast style, chips, fries, as well as sweet potatoes, desserts. If I want something healthier I'll go rice but for taste I don't see them in the same stratosphere. I'd take noodles/pasta over rice too.

Last edited:
I eat both but as a German my Diet consists of like 80% potatoes.

baked potatoes
roasted potatoes
mashed potatoes
Fries/Chips/Croquettes
potatoe salad
potatoe casserolle
Shit, you can even use potatoes to bake Bread.

Potatoes might be the GOAT Food plant in general.

Rice is boring and needs other stuff to shine like curries or fried with veggies & meat

Back