RIP Steve Albini

HenryFlower

daddy's lil crenshaw melon
@Gold
Reaction score
dang. this is a major loss. Atomizer by Big Black & 1000Hz by Shellac are two of my all time favorite records. not to mention all the records he’s produced. RIP

Steve Albini, an icon of indie rock as both a producer and performer, has died of a heart attack, staff at his recording studio, Electronic Audio, confirm to Pitchfork. As well as fronting underground rock lynchpins including Shellacand Big Black, Albini was a legend of the recording studio, though he preferred the term “engineer” to “producer.” He recorded Nirvana’s In Utero, PixiesSurfer Rosa, PJ Harvey’s Rid of Me, and countless more classic albums, and remained an outspoken critic of exploitative music industry practices until his final years. Shellac were preparing to tour their first album in a decade, To All Trains, which is scheduled for release next week. Steve Albini was 61 years old.

Great artist, but a horrible fucking person. I'm glad he's dead. Now I can enjoy music he's been involved with guilt free.

Great artist, but a horrible fucking person. I'm glad he's dead. Now I can enjoy music he's been involved with guilt free.
I am not familiar with him. How so?

Pretty cool artists to be connected to though.

I am not familiar with him. How so?

Pretty cool artists to be connected to though.
He was a fucking pedo.

I love so much of the music he's been involved with, both as an artist and as a producer, but as a person he was subhuman waste. I'm glad he's dead, and I only wish he'd died more slowly and painfully.

Came to post the thread if it wasn't posted... as my username should indicate I am a huge fan. However...Reading the chomo comments is fucking me up bad. Going to reevaluate my life now.

Bright side is I learned what 'nonce' means... <mma3>

Came to post the thread if it wasn't posted... as my username should indicate I am a huge fan. However...Reading the chomo comments is fucking me up bad. Going to reevaluate my life now.

Bright side is I learned what 'nonce' means... <mma3>

Over the years I've kind of learned to separate the people from the art for the most part otherwise Led Zeppelin, Michael Jackson, Mamas and papas etc are all off the table too.

Won't listen to Gary Glitter or Lost Prophets but tbh that might just be because they're shit anyway

He was a fucking pedo.

I love so much of the music he's been involved with, both as an artist and as a producer, but as a person he was subhuman waste. I'm glad he's dead, and I only wish he'd died more slowly and painfully.

What the?! What a sick piece of shit! Glad Cobain had a new mix of In Utero done after Albini was done then to take some of his taint off of it.
Weirds me out now that he was involved with so many bands, was this known back in the day or just something that more easily pops up due to the internet? He did an interview with Grohl and Novoselic for Conan's podcast just last year, you'd think researchers would have done a better job so as not to give him any more notoriety (save for the negative kind he rightly deserves).

What the?! What a sick piece of shit! Glad Cobain had a new mix of In Utero done after Albini was done then to take some of his taint off of it.
Weirds me out now that he was involved with so many bands, was this known back in the day or just something that more easily pops up due to the internet? He did an interview with Grohl and Novoselic for Conan's podcast just last year, you'd think researchers would have done a better job so as not to give him any more notoriety (save for the negative kind he rightly deserves).

It's music, people still hero worship Jimmy Page and he's a pedo.

Page and others banged underage teens, but that Albini article mentions an actual toddler in one of those pedo mags which is another level of evil.

It is, I guess there's different levels of noncing but still, a nonce is a nonce.

Back