Rizin FF 45 NYE Horiguchi vs Shinryu

It doesn’t feel like a legit NYE card unless we see…
Minowaman da GOD leglocking mark bitches!
minowa.jpg

Makoto's wrestling looked legit. He's gonna be a problem when he hits his prime.

The Archuleta fight was excellent that Asakura is one hell of a fighter and has great composure as well.

Also heard that Rizin is gonna have Pacquaio face Mayweather that's some lame ass shit right there like why on earth does that need to happen, these exhibition matches just suck up lots of funds that could go towards signing real talent but instead they give it to multi millionaires that aren't gonna actually fight for real nothing but a joke publicity stunt pathetic.

The first NYE card I just couldn't will myself to stay up for this year. Feel like I haven't missed one in many, many years. Maybe I'm actually getting old.

What's the general consensus? Good card? Too long of an intermission?

The first NYE card I just couldn't will myself to stay up for this year. Feel like I haven't missed one in many, many years. Maybe I'm actually getting old.

Good card, intermissions were like 20 minutes. Worth a watch

It was what you want from NYE, minus the name value, but maybe some new names were made? Something like the first 7 or 8 fights were stoppages or some shit, I think all but three were inside the distance.

I perhaps caught a bit more than half of the event. There were plenty of great fights, but a couple of disappointing results:

Yutaka Saito really shit the bed against Kleber. He was winning handily and just shot himself right into a couple of chokes.

Ansai was in a terrible position, but he either did a Robbie Lawler and went limp when caught in a choke, or the ref called a technical submission. The choke definitely wasn't on fully.

Miura looked like a straight up can. He walked on stilts, had little to no movement, and was flopping all over the place. I don't think he gave up, because he tried to fight up the first (iirc) time he was in trouble, but it was clear that the fight was beaten out of him. Absolutely mismanaged career thus far, even though Rizin has tried to give him lobs.

Igor dropping weight is crazy. He is a hulk below middleweight, and he won his fight with ease. Probably the best prospect in Rizin. Not sure what his post-fight speech was about, though.

Shinryu looked great in the first round. He had great grappling, both wrestling and jiu jitsu, and looked to be in control. By the second, he had melted into a puddle. It was late, so I will have to rewatch, but maybe Gucci's power got to him.

The Oug fight was won on stalling. Dodson looked pretty bad, though.

The commentators lost it by hour seven. Yawning into the mic lol. They were fine the rest of the night. Idk, I think they were fatigued. The talking over one another became more pronounced. ":sjjdjdbshssjkskskks" -- the last hour or so of the show.

Ota is an asshole. I think his head was in the clouds before he embarked on his MMA journey. Now he has to showboat on unconscious fighters with 0-0 records.

Respect to Yamamoto.

Overall, better than last year, imo.

@Bobby Boulders @Xuh @HeLLMuTT @TXstriker @Werdun @EndlessCritic @MiroHa @battouter @don't ask -- what did you guys grade NYE? I will give it a C-.

I think Ota and Ashizawa had a war of words before and thus the Tank Abbott celebration.
Ashizawa seems like the type of guy you hate,Kouzi didnt like him one bit.
Fron the Hiramoto school of trash talk.

Miura looked like a straight up can. He walked on stilts, had little to no movement, and was flopping all over the place. I don't think he gave up, because he tried to fight up the first (iirc) time he was in trouble, but it was clear that the fight was beaten out of him. Absolutely mismanaged career thus far, even though Rizin has tried to give him lobs.

Igor dropping weight is crazy. He is a hulk below middleweight, and he won his fight with ease. Probably the best prospect in Rizin. Not sure what his post-fight speech was about, though.

Shinryu looked great in the first round. He had great grappling, both wrestling and jiu jitsu, and looked to be in control. By the second, he had melted into a puddle. It was late, so I will have to rewatch, but maybe Gucci's power got to him.

The commentators lost it by hour seven. Yawning into the mic lol. They were fine the rest of the night. Idk, I think they were fatigued. The talking over one another became more pronounced. ":sjjdjdbshssjkskskks" -- the last hour or so of the show.

Ota is an asshole. I think his head was in the clouds before he embarked on his MMA journey. Now he has to showboat on unconscious fighters with 0-0 records.

Respect to Yamamoto.

@Bobby Boulders @Xuh @HeLLMuTT @TXstriker @Werdun @EndlessCritic @MiroHa @battouter @don't ask -- what did you guys grade NYE? I will give it a C-.

Man... unless things go to shit after the first intermission, you're on crack! I passed out during the first intermission and plan on watching the last three hours during my workouts over the next week, but so far it's sitting pretty high in the grading system.

I thought it was mostly solid. The card didn't have the name value you want, out of what is ultimately the biggest tent pole show in the sport, but the matchups were well made and the fighters were there to entertain. "Arkaletta" missing weight was a real downer, especially bc he showed up to fight, and to win, none of this hugging shit. That was how it seemed to be for most of the lineup, everyone was there to win. I'd give the event a B+, only like 3 decisions in all of those fights.

Respect to Yamamoto.

Makoto honestly looked better than expected. He controlled Horiguchi in the 1st round way better than I thought he would. Future is still very bright for him.

Ryujin Nasukawa vs Shin was probably the best fight of the card. Two 17 year olds who went to war in the first round. For a -900 favorite, Nasukawa did not look good at all.

Hiramoto vs Sugiyama was also a very solid fight. Dare I say Hiramoto might be an actual prospect.

Koike is like Anderson Silva out there. His fights are always terrible until he finds a finish out of nowhere.

Sudario is a total flop. Ueda looked way better than expected. Wish I bet more on Ueda.

Motoya didn't look bad, but Morales just did a fantastic job with activity. Down on the event because of this one.

Ota sucks. He's a front runner fighter who folds against anyone higher level. Embarrassing for him to celebrate like that against a guy who can't wrestle.

The Archuleta weight miss stuff was a joke. They made it so if it went to a decision he would 100% lose. He needed a KO to get a no contest, and fought like he needed the knockout. Was a solid fight otherwise and a rematch will be a decent storyline.

Haven't watched the whole Dodson fight yet. Always happy to see him lose.

Didn't hate the event. Don't regret purchasing the PPV.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back