Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
rizinlm7.jpeg

Rizin Landmark 7 in Baku
Baku, Azerbaijan

Main Card -- Fite.TV -- 9 AM ET/6 AM PT
145 Title
: Vugar Karamov (19-4) vs. Chihiro Suzuki (11-3)
155: Tofiq Musayev (21-5) vs. Koji Takeda (15-5)
155: Nariman Abbasov (28-4) vs. Ali Abdulkhalikov (12-2)
132: Mehman Mamedov (6-6) vs. Ferit Goktepe (4-1)
155: Tural Ragimov (21-9) vs. Kyung Pyo Kim (12-4)

W113: Anastasiya Svetkivska (2-2) vs. Farida Abdueva (2-0)
145: Jaures Dea Gomez (10-5) vs. Ilhom Nazimov (9-3)
155: Ilyar Askhanov (12-5) vs. Vladyslav Rudniev (7-0)
HW: Quentin Domingos (10-3) vs. Shota Betlemidze (17-2-1)
205: Hasan Mezhiev (13-0) vs. Konstantin Merkulov (2-2)*

* Merkulov's record is under dispute, he will likely be listed by Rizin as 5-2.

Ah. Showed up late due to even stranger start time than usual, naturally it would be during the intermission. Guess I will just start from the top.

Thoughts after starting from the top: that arena is empty AF. Two glaringly empty section, cageside. I know that the opening ceremony and whatnot were supposed to be after the intermission, hopefully the main card had local star power on it.

Can't decide about the level of talent. In first fight the Kazakh threw one feeble kick, it was caught, and dude just leaned forward to take him down with zero resistance. The Latvian did toss dude around and finish the fight, and was obviously on gear.

Dude walking out for fight 2 looks like Jeff Monson, off gear and on painkillers.

Am enjoying that both fights so far to open the card were 205+, weight classes in which RIZIN has been lacking, since everyone left for UFC/PFL/Bellator.

Fight 2 is the kind of brawl I enjoy. Not a ton in the way of technique, but they're throwing hammers. Domingos looks like Lex Luthor's top hired fixer or some shit. Betlemidze proving to be tough, even with 13 year age difference and opponent who obviously likes gear.

Domingos almost had a heart attack, quit in between rounds.

Fight 3 has been a good scrap. Askhanov got the TD and Rudniev started with the Shara Bullet gameplan, elbows galore. Askhanov cut, bleeding all over the cage, pouring from his forehead.

Askhanov looks like he's wrestling in a Japanese Death Match.

The sound quality of this event is straight ass. Genuinely have my volume at 100 to hear the ring announcer.

I'm here, but as Dave Chapelle would say, I am supporting RIZIN with my silence. Because the card has been hot garbage so far.
I just got through the hour intermission, ringside area still empty. RIZIN just needs to sign these guys in the Caspian area and have them fight in Japan.

I just got through the hour intermission, ringside area still empty. RIZIN just needs to sign these guys in the Caspian area and have them fight in Japan.

I wish I could tell you that it'll get better sherbro, I really do. But the worst (the Abasov fight) is yet to come... I'm holding out for the final two fights.

Kyung Pyo Kim had a nice showing. Maybe could have gone a little longer, most of the ground shots didn't land, but got the win and has to feel good about a performance like that against a hometown opponent, and one who fought in ACA, at that.

Back