Road House Remake Discussion Thread Starring Conor McGregor

I watched it earlier, it's absolutely woeful honestly.

Conor is actually one of the better things about it, at least he's entertaining. Everyone and everything else is just boring.

Oh, and stopping in the middle of a fight to make "funny" quips was lame.

The original is 10x better IMHO.
All the originals are better

Prefer the original,but it was 100% a fun movie and obviously an easy watch

Conor just played a hyped up version of himself lol

Yeah he was good in it to be fair. Conor will never be Daniel Day Lewis, but he can play these type of roles for sure and has potential

Personally I think he should forget the fighting and do movies now

I watched it earlier, it's absolutely woeful honestly.

Conor is actually one of the better things about it, at least he's entertaining. Everyone and everything else is just boring.

Oh, and stopping in the middle of a fight to make "funny" quips was lame.

The original is 10x better IMHO.

I liked it
Obviously the original is much better, but it was a fun watch, cringe but fun

Conor was the best part for sure, agree on that

As per IMDB - Roadhouse

Here’s some of the more complimentary ones I could find

“I'm not sure why they attempt to remake such strong 80s movies and think just by sticking in some expensive looking choreographed fight scenes that people would ignore the terrible scripting. Why they decided to cast McGregor, is beyond me. Possibly the worst acting I've ever seen, so wooden and boring it really ruined an ok film. Jake as usual was great, acting was very solid, you can tell he does his homework. I did get a bit bored half-way through and thought about turning it off but the optimist in me wanted to see if anything did improve. It's not going to win many awards and don't think McGregor has much of an acting career ahead of him.”

——————

“I was expecting a fun action movie, and it started well. Jake is great (as youd expect), and so are most of the supporting cast.

There are also some fun moments and lines. But then Conor Mcgregor turns up and it goes down hill fast. He really can't act, and just stomps around spouting cringe one liners that he can't pull off. You'd also expect at least his fight scenes to be good, but they weren't.

With another actor in the Mcgregor role this could have been a great action movie.

The fight scenes are hit and miss with some looking very fake with some bad cgi at times too. In fact the cgi is pretty poor in general.”

0_1b2PNG.png

Conor is going to take each bad review personally and we are in for a few assaults I think <bringit>

As per IMDB - Roadhouse

“I'm not sure why they attempt to remake such strong 80s movies and think just by sticking in some expensive looking choreographed fight scenes that people would ignore the terrible scripting. Why they decided to cast McGregor, is beyond me. Possibly the worst acting I've ever seen, so wooden and boring it really ruined an ok film. Jake as usual was great, acting was very solid, you can tell he does his homework. I did get a bit bored half-way through and thought about turning it off but the optimist in me wanted to see if anything did improve. It's not going to win many awards and don't think McGregor has much of an acting career ahead of him.”

——————

“I was expecting a fun action movie, and it started well. Jake is great (as youd expect), and so are most of the supporting cast.

There are also some fun moments and lines. But then Conor Mcgregor turns up and it goes down hill fast. He really can't act, and just stomps around spouting cringe one liners that he can't pull off. You'd also expect at least his fight scenes to be good, but they weren't.

With another actor in the Mcgregor role this could have been a great action movie.

The fight scenes are hit and miss with some looking very fake with some bad cgi at times too. In fact the cgi is pretty poor in general.”
This is pretty much what I expected.

As per IMDB - Roadhouse

——————

So Conor wasn't really acting, they just yelled action and told him to be himself

Its not even good by B action film standards

It's a C film for sure, but go in with low expectations and it is fun

I enjoyed it. Not touching the original, but it was OK. The fight scenes where pretty decent

I'll be in the minority but Conor was good

I live in Ireland and we literally have drug dealers that walk like he does in this film. I'm good friends with a drug dealer who is always in prison and i think Conor stole his walk and personality

It's online, for free.

Ruined the original.
Not the worst movie ever.
Enough ADR to sink a ship.

<smellit>

Back