Road House Remake Discussion Thread Starring Conor McGregor

I thought it was fine, was it as good as the orginal no? No not in my opinion but it was alright, Conor was funny in it too. Maybe im easy to please i dunno.

Did anyone find Conor's voice kinda artificial?
For some reason his voice sounded very high pitched, maybe they did it to make him easier to understand for the casual viewer.

It's a C film for sure, but go in with low expectations and it is fun

I enjoyed it. Not touching the original, but it was OK. The fight scenes where pretty decent

I'll be in the minority but Conor was good

I live in Ireland and we literally have drug dealers that walk like he does in this film. I'm good friends with a drug dealer who is always in prison and i think Conor stole his walk and personality
Your drug dealer is conor mcgregor. That’s dope as hell man

For those haven't seen it yet, Conor doesn't show up until 54 minutes into the movie. The whole film just reeks of forced Hollywood "diversity" with all the other characters from the original movie replaced with completely different types of gender/race/body-type roles. I actually fell asleep around 90 minutes in, so I don't know the ending yet.

This is a joke, right? Talk about a terrible take. Cmon man. Be better than this.

Anyway, Road House is unnecessary, boring, flat and contrived. A real true, 4/10. One of the worst movies I've seen in some time. It lacked any and all humor, whether it be unintentional or not. There was zero chemistry between the leads. Everything from the acting to the bands they chose at the bar to the fight scenes to the one liners were bland and wooden. When you consider that Doug Liman has made some great movies over the years and the talent involved, it's remarkable how bad this is. It's truly terrible.

This is a joke, right? Talk about a terrible take. Cmon man. Be better than this.

Anyway, Road House is unnecessary, boring, flat and contrived. A real true, 4/10. One of the worst movies I've seen in some time. It lacked any and all humor, whether it be unintentional or not. There was zero chemistry between the leads. Everything from the acting to the bands they chose at the bar to the fight scenes to the one liners were bland and wooden. When you consider that Doug Liman has made some great movies over the years and the talent involved, it's remarkable how bad this is. It's truly terrible.

What do you mean? All of the original characters were completely different in the remake. They even replaced the skinny redneck female bartender with some big fat chick with glasses. Why? Why was Brad Wesley replaced with some fruity boy? Who the hell cast this movie?

What do you mean? All of the original characters were completely different in the remake. They even replaced the skinny redneck female bartender with some big fat chick with glasses. Why? Why was Brad Wesley replaced with some fruity boy? Who the hell cast this movie?

Every single person outside of a bartender who had his role cut was white in the original. The casting choices are more diverse almost by default. There's nothing woke about this film whatsoever. 'Fruity boy'? Jesus. Talk about a reach.

As an aside, they - not directed at you - could have called this movie anything and just changed the name of the characters. There's zero reason outside of a name check for this to be called Road House.

Every single person outside of a bartender who had his role cut was white in the original. The casting choices are more diverse almost by default. There's nothing woke about this film whatsoever. 'Fruity boy'? Jesus. Talk about a reach.

As an aside, they - not directed at you - could have called this movie anything and just changed the name of the characters. There's zero reason outside of a name check for this to be called Road House.

Again, I've never used the word "woke", I'm not some right wing kook. It isn't about the original cast being all white, they literally changed EVERYTHING to a ridiculous degree. The original bar owner was an old white guy, now it's a young black female. If they just made the new bar owner an old black guy it wouldn't be a big deal, but this is what Hollywood does now.

Last edited:
Again, I've never used the word "woke", I'm not some right wing idiot. It isn't about the original cast being all white, they literally changed EVERYTHING to a ridiculous degree. The original bar owner was an old white guy, now it's a young black female. If they just made the new bar owner an old black guy it wouldn't be a big deal, but this is what Hollywood does now.

They should and could have named this movie anything. Still, I find it funny you originally cite them using an ugly fat chick with a regular voice instead of a skinny ugly chick with a terrible voice as an example of them diversifying too much, lol.

The original RH takes place in Missouri. This one takes place in Florida. Which one do you think will feature more diversity? What's next, are you going mention they changed the music too much without considering era and location? Lol

@TITS and @Substance Abuse, I fall somewhere between you guys.

I rated it about a 3/10 (to your 4, Substance) so we're pretty much in agreement on the overall. Made the same remarks about it being a different movie and separate from the Road House franchise too.

Tits, I do agree that the movie isn't "woke" in terms of what is said and done in it, but I acknowledge the point you are trying to make. It wasn't hamfisfed DEI being shoved down the viewers throat via plot points, but the diversity box checking felt deliberate when it came to the secondary characters.

Is that something deliberately done behind the scenes, a type of box checking? I'd wager there is a chance that is the case.

Overall, it's a bad movie but if you have zero expectations it's not the worst thing to laugh at. Run time is predictably too long, but that's a standard feature in current year.

Definitely is not Conor's ass, the extended initial seen sure looked like he was waiting flesh coloured tights.

Maybe the skinny red neck female bartender got old and retired from bartending?

@TITS and @Substance Abuse, I fall somewhere between you guys.

I rated it about a 3/10 (to your 4, Substance) so we're pretty much in agreement on the overall. Made the same remarks about it being a different movie and separate from the Road House franchise too.

Tits, I do agree that the movie isn't "woke" in terms of what is said and done in it, but I acknowledge the point you are trying to make. It wasn't hamfisfed DEI being shoved down the viewers throat via plot points, but the diversity box checking felt deliberate when it came to the secondary characters.

Is that something deliberately done behind the scenes, a type of box checking? I'd wager there is a chance that is the case.

Overall, it's a bad movie but if you have zero expectations it's not the worst thing to laugh at. Run time is predictably too long, but that's a standard feature in current year.

Definitely is not Conor's ass, the extended initial seen sure looked like he was waiting flesh coloured tights.

Hollywood is a more diverse place by default in 2024 than 1989. There will be more a diverse cast when you consider one was made in the 80s and had a 99% white cast, literally. It's irrelevant to the movie. It's shit on it's own.

I thought it was fine, was it as good as the orginal no? No not in my opinion but it was alright, Conor was funny in it too. Maybe im easy to please i dunno.

For some reason his voice sounded very high pitched, maybe they did it to make him easier to understand for the casual viewer.
Compared to muppet voiced guy in the lead? No

Terrible movie. Conor's role was weird. Treated him like a sideshow IMO.

Original is a classic.

They should and could have named this movie anything. Still, I find it funny you originally cite them using an ugly fat chick with a regular voice instead of a skinny ugly chick with a terrible voice as an example of them diversifying too much, lol.

The original RH takes place in Missouri. This one takes place in Florida. Which one do you think will feature more diversity? What's next, are you going mention they changed the music too much without considering era and location? Lol

Are you drinking early today? Florida is a hillbilly state, I should know I've spent half my life there (yes, even south FL). I'm glad you brought up the music. It's ironic that the original band was led by a blind guy (Jeff Healey, a real band with actual mainstream hit songs) but they didn't capitalize on their "inclusion" by having a handicapped singer on stage, instead the first band was led by women playing elevator music.

Anyway, this is turning into a war room thread, I'll just go back to the actual fight threads.

<RomeroSalute>

Are you drinking early today? Florida is a hillbilly state, I should know I've spent half my life there (yes, even south FL). I'm glad you brought up the music. It's ironic that the original band was led by a blind guy (Jeff Healey, a real band with actual mainstream hit songs) but they didn't capitalize on their "inclusion" by having a handicapped singer on stage, instead the first band was led by women playing elevator music.

Anyway, this is turning into a war room thread, I'll just go back to the actual fight threads.

<RomeroSalute>

Florida is more diverse than Missouri, lol.

There you go, take it full WR, bud. Don't let us hold you back, lol.

Hollywood is a more diverse place by default in 2024 than 1989. There will be more a diverse cast when you consider one was made in the 80s and had a 99% white cast, literally. It's irrelevant to the movie. It's shit on it's own.
It's shit on it's own for sure, and yes demographics have changed but things like the ABC Inclusion Standards here are definitely a thing.

I don't think those kinds of things really detracted from this film, which is good. But it also felt to me like there was absolutely zero chemistry between any of the cast barring perhaps McGregor and Gyellenhall.

Felt like it could have used some more "atmosphere" in the movie, it was lacking any kind of vibe.

It's shit on it's own for sure, and yes demographics have changed but things like the ABC Inclusion Standards here are definitely a thing.

I don't think those kinds of things really detracted from this film, which is good. But it also felt to me like there was absolutely zero chemistry between any of the cast barring perhaps McGregor and Gyellenhall.

Felt like it could have used some more "atmosphere" in the movie, it was lacking any kind of vibe.

The movie was lacking everything. No one in that cast could have shined that turd. McGregor was some good stunt casting, but that's about it. Liman made the Edge of Tomorrow and Swingers. What the fuck was he doing here? Terrible.

Back