Robelis Despaigne last 4 fights a combined 37 seconds...

FlyingDeathKick

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
His 1st fight almost went a full rd but his last 4 have all been lightning quick and his 18 second finish tonight is the second longest fight he's had so far. Ik these guys probably weren't the best but that's still nuts. Parisian had only been tko'd twice before and neither were in rd 1.

Also 87" reach is insane.

I want to see him again asap

Those low hands will get him caught eventually - but until they do , he’s going to be a fan friendly 1 minute firefighter ….. scary dude for anyone regardless

Puttin in them Rousey numbers

I want to see him again asap

Those low hands will get him caught eventually - but until they do , he’s going to be a fan friendly 1 minute firefighter ….. scary dude for anyone regardless
Its ok to have low hands sometimes when your 7 foot 12

A gigantic olympic medalist in TKD from Cuba just fought in the UFC??? Why isn’t this being talked more about? I never heard of him.

His 1st fight almost went a full rd but his last 4 have all been lightning quick and his 18 second finish tonight is the second longest fight he's had so far. Ik these guys probably weren't the best but that's still nuts. Parisian had only been tko'd twice before and neither were in rd 1.

Also 87" reach is insane.

Fighters with this type of quick KO profile usually get derailed and exposed badly once theyve been extended in a fight and face adversity

Happens often but at the same time the dude is a Cuban Olympian, so I doubt he's been through life without a degree of advertisy.
If the olympic program for tae kwon do is anything like the legendary wrestling program, I’m sure he’s been through stuff.

I hope the guy is learning grappling and the intricacies (of details of maneuvers we don’t even know the names of) of MMA fighting so he’ll be ready when someone can actually test him.

Hopefully he also stays healthy and active, so we see more of this!

He's fun and I'm sure he can rack up some big moments in the division. He's also fade material in the future. Reason the first fight went almost to the second round because his opponent clinched him against the fence and he couldn't do much about it until the ko. And in some other fight he got caught by a can right before he ko'd him, so even standing it's a distinct possibility he's going to get upset some time soon.

Just like A-Class super-athlete Greg Hardy who finished his opponents so quickly, so "he will do great in UFC everybody watch out"

Despaigne seems like a better fighter than Hardy, though.

Doubt he gets to top 5 level but hes entertaining and unique with a degree of star potential, and lets face it the HW division needs everything it can get.

Just like A-Class super-athlete Greg Hardy who finished his opponents so quickly, so "he will do great in UFC everybody watch out"

Despaigne seems like a better fighter than Hardy, though.
Despaigne trained martial arts his entire life and competed in the olympics. Hardy played hand egg and beat up his girlfriend.

There is a difference there.

<28>

Back