Rogan and Brendan Schuab going on about Cain being the best HW of all time

I'll take Cain on his best night vs ANY HW. The problem is, you can't count on Cain to show up on any given night. All the stars have to align for Cain to show up to the cage. And even the times he actually does make it to the cage, there is a chance that he has some lingering injury or 12+ month ring rust.

Due to his injuries/inactivity I can't call him GOAT. But Cain at his best >

So he's onlynat his best if he wins? You can say that about any fighter.
He's young has only faced a few guys and hasn't had many fights at all. How could he be the greatest with a lacking fighters resume.
He was proclaimed goat by the ufc when he had less than 10 fights. And fans parroted that.

Schaub is fucking annoying when he talks about fighting. Its sad when Callen seems to know his shit more than a former fighter in Schaub.

Also Fedor is the GOAT.

I think Cain could beat Fedor but ranking his career over Fedors is pretty stupid

Cain had the potential, but it never came together and I don't think it ever will. Overtraining and unsafe training practices have harmed his career.

Now they're talking about how 205-265 is so insane. The UFC must be planning something and they are shilling, because it doesn't make sense. Anyone who is 230 will cut to 205 anyway, and the top fighters of the division are mostly all around 240.

So a guy has an opinion and you care too much about his opinion? Is that it?

It's all subjective, why do you people get so offended because someone thinks one fighter is better than another?

When it comes to MMA talking heads, subjective opinions are nice.....so long as they're consistent in relation to their rationale when applied to their opinions of other fighters. As the TS pointred out, Rogan and Shaub are all over the place.

GOATS
#1 Struve
#2 Stipe
#3 Werdum
#4 Fedor
#5 Cain

Am I doing it right?

They are entertaining but their MMA opinion has little more credibility than your average fan boy.

Once in ever athlete! never forget

Rogan has become the worst in these arguments. Yes he's repeatedly brought up Mousasi being ranked above Hall as if it's shockingly absurd, but like you said not only does it not make sense in terms of overall career, but the other ranked fights. If CM Punk somehow came in and KO'd Rory with some fluke strike, would it really make sense to rank him higher than all the other fighters that have long successful careers, including Condit who has also finished Rory?

And then to make that argument about Mousasi/Hall time and time again so passionately, then turn around and say Cain should be ranked above Werdum after being finished by him in his last fight. Granted they are talking all time GOAT ranking vs current HW official rankings.
100% correct.

Ive made that same case about rankings on this forum for 10 years to no avail. And i was shocked to hear Rogan buy into that MMAth logic of rankings. Each fighter should be compared to the entire roster, not the SINGLE fighter that beat him. Which is why Mousasi should be ranked higher than HALL. Mousasi has done more than Hall, despite losing to Hall INDIVIDUALLY.

Not even taking flukes into account, Rogan of all people should know styles make fights. One particular fighter may just have your number stylistically, but may be ineffective against most of the rest of the roster of fighters.

don't be mad cause someone points out how stupid you are,

with 2000 posts in just 2 months its bound to happen
How am I mad? You cry everytime I post it, sorry the 2nd best LHW in the UFC destroyed the strikeforce competition.

You couldn't pay me to listen to either one of those assholes. I give their opinion less weight than I would give to most casuals. Rogan lost all credibility with his Ronda love. Brendan never had any.

Schaub is fucking annoying when he talks about fighting. Its sad when Callen seems to know his shit more than a former fighter in Schaub.

Also Fedor is the GOAT.
Ive noticed that about Callen. He'll make a better argument than shaub, but will then be shooshed on principle that it was Callen(a non MMA guy) who said it.

How am I mad? You cry everytime I post it, sorry the 2nd best LHW in the UFC destroyed the strikeforce competition.

this is all you have for rebuttal, 'you're emotional'

sorry dude, pointing out the many logistical errors in your many many posts, doesn't constitute being emotional

the fact that you cannot formulate an argument without calling someone emotional is truly telling.

if you post on an MMA forum 30 plus times a day you might want to get educated

You couldn't pay me to listen to either one of those assholes. I give their opinion less weight than I would give to most casuals. Rogan lost all credibility with his Ronda love. Brendan never had any.

They are wrong all the time, so often its hilarious. I remember schaub went off on callen for saying Nate is too big for Conor and SIZE MATTERS in MMA.

But they're entertaining, you just gotta not take them seriously. The fight companions are always good.

this is all you have for rebuttal, 'you're emotional'

sorry dude, pointing out the many logistical errors in your many many posts, doesn't constitute being emotional

the fact that you cannot formulate an argument without calling someone emotional is truly telling.

if you post on an MMA forum 30 plus times a day you might want to get educated
So DC didn't destroy the Strikeforce comp?

Cain's striking was always mediocre; a means to an end that involved Gnp or Wall n Brawl.

His BJJ is also mediocr; it serves the same purpose as his striking.

Kongo was an eyelash away from changing the course of history, and I wish he would have. At least then the division wouldn't have been effectively put on hold for years.

Back