Rogan: "Rondas movie career is what did her in"

Dumbest "observation" I've ever seen on here.

What's the thing people say once a hype train is derailed? "He was never that good." "He was beating up nobodies." "Once he faced actual competition, he was exposed." People normally don't say that about champions, and certainly not about champions with long winning streaks. But they did (rightly) with Ronda. In her case, despite being the champion, her popularity was absolutely hype, and that hype came from her streak, not her skills.

My point was that being undefeated is EXACTLY what prompts a hype train. And given that, it seems a strange conclusion to say it's not hype just because the person has a lot of wins.

In the other Rogan/Scab thread I posted how ridiculous it was that these clowns can get together and talk about scquab like he was relevant ... and all this bullshit revisionism that he was "halfway out the door" was nonsense. They act like scuba was some headliner stand up comedian (even though I dont think he had even started his "stand up career" yet) and that his podcast was breaking records or some shit. Rogan is getting more and more delusional the older he gets, he's one of the luckiest guys to ever exist in the entertainment industry, and conflates that with being brilliant.

Didn't know he does the exact same thing with Ronda, even though he's not babysitting her post fight career like he is with his big dumb idiot boy toy.

Mo_h79.gif

TatteredBronzeKitfox.gif

Ronda's attack is bizarre, she can't punch properly.

Round is white belt in the striker category.

dodge 0 too, she dominates an amateur female MMA with note 3 female fighters.

Ronda has an Olympic judo and that's it, he's a horrible Striker.

source.gif
I didn’t say she was a black belt in the striking category, I said it improved. A pure judo player doesn’t TKO someone with a knee strike to the liver like she did to McMann, or put someone out of it with a nice overhand like she did to Alexis Davis, or TKO Corriea in a striking battle on the feet. You posted the Davis GIF, but it’s Ronda’s nicely timed overhand right and knee strike that set up that throw. Davis was out of it once the right hand landed.
giphy.gif

I’m not saying she’s Anderson Silva. What I’m saying is: the idea that Ronda was all hype, and lost once “real fighters” showed up, is as much a myth as the idea that she’d beat Floyd Mayweather. Both are false. The so-called real fighter she lost the belt to, lost it in her first defense against someone Ronda had smoked twice. She lost because styles make fights, and Ronda wasn’t going to bull rush someone with high level boxing footwork like Holly. That left her to strike with her, and of course she got murked. Ronda was not all hype, she was a great fighter. She lost to a multi time boxing champ by being outstruck, and Nunes, who is arguably the women’s GOAT. There’s no shame in that.

She was undefeated champion for how long? Definitely doesn't classify as hype no matter how unlikable she was.

Like 2 1/2 years or 3 1/2 if you include her Strikeforce fights? But this is a bad example my friend. The quality of each opponent matters. The reality is that she fought in a newly created female division which lacked depth. Hell even to this day WMMA is still shallow.

If MOVIE CAREER is code word for EDMOND and SHIT BOXING SKILLS, we have a winner in Joe Rogan!

Can't blame him for making excuses. He acted like a complete retard and lost whatever respect anyone had for his opinion

I actually like Rogan but I have zero respect for his opinion after all that Ronda nonsense

This fucking dude is still in denial about this girl. She trained in isolation for the Amanda Nunes fight and was even granted no interviews request by Dana.

Why is it so hard to get into his bald head that she was all hype?

42:13

Wtf, "all hype"?
Did you watch her wreck opponent after opponent? Did you watch her defend the belt? Do you know what hype means?

I doubt the small roles she had forced her out of the gym for a long time. She was caught up by her awful striking defense when she finally met opponents who could strike, we don't need to look a lot further than that.

In a completely new sport. Ronda said herself the sport is not what it was used to be. She got completely smoked once a world class boxer and kickboxer put her hands on her and then by Nunes as well.
She had world class judo but bought into the shit Edmond fed her about being an incredible striker. If she kept at it and went back to being judo oriented she still would have had a great career

She had a terrible trainer and the distractions didn't help I truly think if she went to a good camp she could be the champion again

She had world class judo but bought into the shit Edmond fed her about being an incredible striker. If she kept at it and went back to being judo oriented she still would have had a great career

Bullshit. She tried to take the bitch down on multiple occassions

I haven't seen Ronda's films but if she was in just a couple of scenes probably took a few days to film.

As for hype, well the current goat lost to Davis, Zingano and D'alelio and Ronda took just 55 seconds to beat all three of them, so she was certainly living up to the hype at one stage. Styles make fights, if she'd fought Nunes back in Strikeforce perhaps we'd have never heard of Ronda.

You could argue that UFC Cro Cop was hype. He rode in on great expectations, to put it mildly. He was generally expected to be a champ.

*fizzle*

Ronda was like the Tito Ortiz of WMMA.

Anyone notice that since DJ leaved joe never mentioned his name again? And before that he was just the goat. Joe is just the hired UFC guy to the hype job, that's the only reason wme keeps him in contract.

People need to stop taking joe serious, coherence is not a substantial thing for him.

Spot on. It's Rogans job to hype people that the UFC decide to market heavily

Although I feel he actually believed some of the shit he was saying about Ronda. Didn't he cry when he had her on his podcast<Lmaoo>

Back