Ronda Rousey calls MMA media a**holes

Ik everybody is different and she says he concussions were from Judo but yeah, not many fighters develop a garbage chin after 12 fights against soccer moms that barely even touched them...

Ik everybody is different and she says he concussions were from Judo but yeah, not many fighters develop a garbage chin after 12 fights against soccer moms that barely even touched them...
Her chin wasn't even garbage
She got clean head kicked by Holm, that is not a strike most people stay conscious through
And she didn't even get properly knocked down against Amanda. Her defense was so atrocious that she was eating power punches all across the cage for like a minute straight they had to stop it lol it wasn't like she got shut off

MMA media is terrible.

It's mostly shills, fighters only have to deal with them a few days out of the year, and it's far softer than media in major league sports.

Rousey was never under real media scrutiny. At the peak of her stardom, ESPN screwed over its MMA staff by assigning Ramona Shelburne to do all of the Rousey coverage, including interviews. Shelbourne knew nothing about MMA and was basically just Rousey's personal stenographer.

She's still traumatized because people made fun of her for losing to Holm.

The further away from major metropolitan area you get, two things happen:

1) the pizza sucks

OFF TOPIC but even here in Italy there're places where awful pizza is served and there're even people that like it.

IN TOPIC Ronda will be Ronda, media will be media: both are true at the same time.

MMA media is terrible.

Media have always sucked as a whole, sports media are the ones where is more easy to catch the lies.

Reactions: HHJ
About which part? I would say she's wrong in calling herself the greatest fighter of all time. She's not even the greatest bantam weight female in ufc history, never mind greatest fighter ever
I am just responding to the thread title TBH.

I'm assuming the same for judo?

She has, but for understandable reasons. The IJF doesn't allow its athletes to compete in other rulesets and competing in MMA will get them a lifetime ban. After she went to the WWE, she got promoted to Judo coral belt by the AAU, which isn't even an official Judo governing body. I believe she's persona non grata to the IJF and USA Judo, which is ironic because she single-handedly put Judo on the map for mainstream casuals.

Back