Ronnie James Dio's Autobiography to hit shelves in July

Cherry Brigand

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
DIO, the man and the band, bar none, is the most influential musician of my childhood. I got introduced to his music through my older brother when I was 10 or so. His first four albums are superb, imo.
  • I say RONNIE JAMES instead of using the Lord's name in vain
  • A friend of mine bought me that super expensive Rock Iconz statue. It became like the leg lamp in my house and I'd always bring it out on Christmas to annoy my wife. Sadly, I dropped it one year getting ready to put it back in the box and both legs and one of his devil horns fingers broke off :(
  • I only got to see him live once and it was well past his prime. He was the opener for the Deep Purple/Scorpions tour. My friend and I went to see him and then left. It was a good experience, but he played the same songs he always did live...
  • I still listen to at least some of his songs about once a week...more if I'm running
I know anecdotally that he was both a hard-driven egoist and a man who helped many get started in the industry. Usually, the less you know about one of your 'heroes' the better. But I'm 95% sure I'm going to pick this up...at least on kindle.

Much respect to Dio. Talent, professionalism, longevity, all in one compact package. I loathe the idea of the hologram tour, and will probably pick up the book.

Love me some RJD.

One of my top 5 favorite vocalists of all time.

Pretty much everything he ever did blew me away.

RIP.

Best voice in the business IMHO. Love me some Dio and his stint with Black Sabbath was legendary. "Heaven and Hell" is among my top 10 albums for sure. I also love his older stuff with Rainbow and Elf and you have gems even before that:

I've said it in other post but one of the best live shows I've ever seen. You could tell Ronnie loved performing for his fans.

Back