Rose is in a rough spot

Even if she beats Ribas, she doesn't have any kind of future at the top of 125. That division got tough real quick. Girls who are much bigger than and bad stylistic matches for Rose.

Why does she have no future at the top of 125?

Just because they're bigger doesn't mean they're gonna beat Rose.

Erin couldn't strike with JJ Aldrich or get anywhere near taking her down, and Rose is way more skilled at striking and grappling than JJ.

With two hands she'd beat Manon.

She's a way more diverse striker than Grasso.

Shev has declined a bit and she could beat her now.

Yea I hadn't realized it had become so extreme. This might be the biggest favorite Rose has ever been, and coming off of two losses

The line would have been way closer to evens if RIbas hadn't gotten butchered by Barber recently.

Ribas just can't seem to take a punch and Rose can and has hurt girls plenty. Wouldn't be surprised if this read is what's widening the line so much.

her advisors steered her astray by advising her to cut her hair. she wasted her prime years looking like gi jane.

She can beat Ribas. I am not sure why isn't she moving back to 115? She can beat some of the contenders or make it competitive. I think she can beat Maycee easily.

Why does she have no future at the top of 125?

Just because they're bigger doesn't mean they're gonna beat Rose.

Erin couldn't strike with JJ Aldrich or get anywhere near taking her down, and Rose is way more skilled at striking and grappling than JJ.

With two hands she'd beat Manon.

She's a way more diverse striker than Grasso.

Shev has declined a bit and she could beat her now.
I'd like to believe that but I'm feeling very unconfident about Rose lately.

I'd like to believe that but I'm feeling very unconfident about Rose lately.

She'll be fine, brother.

People always go on like she's halfway through a mental breakdown, but then she just gets in there and performs like she usually does (not counting the Carla rematch).

She looked good against Manon despite the broken hand.

She'll be fine, brother.

People always go on like she's halfway through a mental breakdown, but then she just gets in there and performs like she usually does (not counting the Carla rematch).

She looked good against Manon despite the broken hand.
I hope so.

I've got her Koing Ribas. Hopefully a big win will give her some confidence

...The most important thing with rose isn't the weight class; it's staying in the right mindset and being consist.

An interesting point, but I guess I respectfully disagree.
Rose was in a good mindset against Fiorot and got worked.
I don't see Rose ever beating Fiorot.

I'm a huge Rose fan, inside the ring.
She is diff, and Barry is suboptimal, but the girl can fight and repeatedly overcame huge adversity.

IMO - the previous comments about best wmma fights vs Zhang left out the mandatory mention of Joanna.
Those four fights were the pinnacle of wmma so far, IMO.

She's about to lose to Ribas and be in an even rougher spot.

An interesting point, but I guess I respectfully disagree.
Rose was in a good mindset against Fiorot and got worked.
I don't see Rose ever beating Fiorot.

I'm a huge Rose fan, inside the ring.
She is diff, and Barry is suboptimal, but the girl can fight and repeatedly overcame huge adversity.

IMO - the previous comments about best wmma fights vs Zhang left out the mandatory mention of Joanna.
Those four fights were the pinnacle of wmma so far, IMO.

She'd lose to Suarez at 115lbs anyways, or god forbid carla esparza a 3rd time lol. So, like I said, I dont think the weight class she fights in matters that much. She can do good things in either weight classe, but she's beatable in both as well.

Last edited:
She'd lose to Suarez at 115lbs anyways, or for forbid carla esparza a 3rd time lol. So, like I said, I dont think the weight class she fights in matters that much. She can do good things in either weight classe, but she's beatable in both as well.
Esparza is basically retired and Suarez is back to being injured.

The weight class she fights in is hugely relevant

Esparza is basically retired and Suarez is back to being injured.

The weight class she fights in is hugely relevant

I honestly don't think so. She's inconsistent regardless of what weight she's at. Also, if she beats ribas, it's a good transition back to 115lbs if she wants since ribas is ranked at both weight classes. If she loses to ribas, it's indication that she's hot and cold in any weight, since ribas herself bounces between the two weights.

Last edited:
Rose barely lost to manon, who might be the next 125 champ.

Rose is former champ at 115, tons of experience, especially in 5 round fights and has 2 wins over weili.

125 isn’t a massive size difference, and we’ve seen no evidence that it costs rose fight advantages yet. She’s gonna whoop Ribas

I honestly don't think so. She's inconsistent regardless of what weight she's at. ... If she loses to ribas, it's indication that she's hot and cold in any weight ...

I've never thought of Rose as inconsistent.

Consistently, there was no way she could ever beat Joanna or Weili even once.
She won all four.

She was lighting Andrade up before hanging on a kimura too long. Then she came back and beat her.
She fought (like actually fought) the bigger Fiorot and got beat up. That wasn't a no-show.

Her only no-show was a weed-addled attitude that "you gotta beat the champ to be the champ", so she ran for a whole fight thinking that would win it, and suddenly the belt was gone.
That was a no-show, but it was an intentional no-show chosen by dumb people.
It wasn't an "inconsistent" no-show perpetrated by an unpredictable and inconsistent fighter.

Rose inconsistent? I don't think so.

Back