Rewatch Rousey vs Tate 2 was great while it lasted

Chael_Sonnen

I'm the reason Waldo is hiding.
@Black
Reaction score
I wasn't following MMA in the Ronda Rousey era, and have been going and rewatching her fights. I just finished watching Ronda v Meisha 2, and damn, that was a great fight for 2 and a bit rounds. Lots of action, great grappling sequences by both but especially Ronda with her incredible Judo. Lots of fun throws, its hectic while it lasts on the feet and it shows that they dislike each other through their fight styles.

Give it a rewatch, its good fun.

Ronda's entire run was special. She was a spectacular fighter, and she only lost to two elite fighters in their primes.
I dont care what anyone says, the way she won some of those fights was awesome. I'll never say she's a once in a lifetime blah blah blah. But her fights, win or lose - always delivered.

Rondas run was insanely action packed. I was a hater in her prime and that blinded me to the entertainment she provided in the cage. Win or lose.

You can see the problems with Ronda's game in general however, Meisha initiating the takedowns over and over was painful to watch. Poor fight IQ by Tate.

Ronda's entire run is basically a demonstration of poor fight IQ. Grapplers running right into her clinch. I get having faith in your skills but how many quick subs does she need to get before a different strategy is considered?

Ronda went 2-0 over Miesha and Sherdog cried lol. The R3 ride was fun while it lasted.

I wasn't following MMA in the Ronda Rousey era, and have been going and rewatching her fights. I just finished watching Ronda v Meisha 2, and damn, that was a great fight for 2 and a bit rounds. Lots of action, great grappling sequences by both but especially Ronda with her incredible Judo. Lots of fun throws, its hectic while it lasts on the feet and it shows that they dislike each other through their fight styles.

Give it a rewatch, its good fun.

Looks like a fight at cage titans

Ronda's entire run is basically a demonstration of poor fight IQ. Grapplers running right into her clinch. I get having faith in your skills but how many quick subs does she need to get before a different strategy is considered?
They never learn

Tate is awful. Im not impressed with anything aside from Ronda's grappling, which is a given.

Crazy how big a deal this was watching it live. I was at a club and everyone was going crazy. Ronda was a force for sure. Forgot how amatuer Tate looked.

Back