Roy Nelson said Big Nog had metal plates in his face

Wow, if true, this would mean the UFC is more gladiatorial than I thought. I know how I can win- put a metal plate under my face and brass under my skin in my knuckles, knees, and elbows. If they allow Nog to do, they will allow me to. When they try to punch me in the face, they break their hand; when I hit them, it crushes bone! Now I know how to win in the UFC.

Or it is pure bullshit. You are still left with explaining why all of Nog's opponents didn't break their hands. Roy is claiming he broke both of his hands because Nog had a metal plate in his face, so why haven't we heard that before? Because everyone else quietly busted both hands on metal and never complained? There may be another explanation, like a plate in part of his head or body that would never affect punching, and Roy ran with it.

i'm pretty sure its bogus just because look at Nog, where are the scars to insert the plates into his face at? people who have facial reconstruction surgery often do not look the same as they did before, but he still looks practically identical to his twin brother.

That was one of the most entertaining KO's of all time. Not only did Big Country send Nog to his grave, he made him play his own funeral march on air guitar.

Roy+Nelson+Destroys+Antonio+Rodrigo+Nogueira+UFC+Fight+Night+Abu+Dhabi.gif

Did he have hands? Did he have a metal face? Yes? If so, it wasn't us.

So we should ban fighters who have sustained injuries such that they require metal implants?

Where does that begin and end? Plates in arms, legs, screws holding things together, metal isn't exactly uncommon in orthopedics, and having to deal with the recovery, arthritis, and other shit that goes with orthopedic surgery and implants aren't exactly giving competitive advantages.

"PAY FIGHTERS MORE!..."

"... unless they got metal holding them together, fuck those guys"

Who's saying ban those fighters?

Those Pride guys were enhanced in every way. I believe it.
It'd be great if you could show the full conversation of him saying that

Context is everything

Many (maybe even most???) pro fighters have titanium screws &/or plates in their bodies, including face/head

I've even got some but was never a pro fighter

The real question is whether Skynet replaced Nog before they got to Fedor.
I could see a scenario where Dyson needed test subjects to test his cybertech, so he looked to Brazil, bc life is kinda cheap there (especially back then). And he found Lil Big Nog, half dead and little chance of survival, and blessed him with cybertech, turning him into a cyborg. Then he went on to win a bunch of stuff. It's like if Bloodsport was real.

Can you really put metal plates on the skull as a kid, and expect them to still fit when you're adult?

And he ended up breaking his hands on Nogs metal plates. He says he thinks he had them since that truck accident when Nog was a kid. Which would mean he had them throughout his whole career.

Maybe I'm out of the loop but I never heard that before. Idk if that's true or not, but it seems like that shouldn't be legal.

Have you guys heard about that before? And if it's true, should that even be allowed?

Ok sure, but was it spinal?

Relevant quotes regarding Rafael dos anjos wiki. I doubt a metal plate would be an advantage since it's small and destabilizes the surrounding boke.

After receiving a broken jaw in the Guida fight, dos Anjos now has a titanium fused jaw that he claims has broken some hands of later opponents.[108] Dr. Johnny Benjamin has disagreed with dos Anjos, pointing out that the titanium plate in his jaw is measured in millimeters.[109]

lol I think that's pretty common if you broke your jaw or something. Adesanya once mentioned having some screws in his jaw because he was assaulted as a youngster.

I have a metal plate in my forearm and it hurts more than it normally would if you accidentaly knock it against a doorframe or the edge of a table so it doesn't exactly make you a terminator. But I guess if I blocked a kick with it, it could mess up my oppononent's shin bone while I would just feel pain.

Last edited:
And he ended up breaking his hands on Nogs metal plates. He says he thinks he had them since that truck accident when Nog was a kid. Which would mean he had them throughout his whole career.

Maybe I'm out of the loop but I never heard that before. Idk if that's true or not, but it seems like that shouldn't be legal.

Have you guys heard about that before? And if it's true, should that even be allowed?

RDA also has iron in his jaw since Guida broke it

i'm pretty sure its bogus just because look at Nog, where are the scars to insert the plates into his face at? people who have facial reconstruction surgery often do not look the same as they did before, but he still looks practically identical to his twin brother.
The scar on his back always made me think the accident had been him getting run over the midriff

The T-800 was looking for Sarah though. The T-1000 looking for John was liquid metal. Joke fail! Better luck next time.
And oof for the people liking the post, talk about mouthbreathers! No independent thought!
he got my like for the trying to be funny was better then reading all this WHINE

Back